Dr. Whelan Speaks Out - Washington Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Keep DIGGing and posting and Booking etc, but here is the problem.

I'm having a family get together last night and I'm vaping a nice low strawberry I just got from RuyanDirect. My entire family is extactic that I've quit the real thing and they recognize after reading some articles I've sent to them online that it must be a safer alternative.

My father-in-law turns to me and says, "You know the day after you told me about them there is a news report on TV I watched. It was kinda iffy whether or not they're good for you so I'm not so sure."

BAM! Just like that he is turned off. This man will NEVER see anything on DIGG or any other online research. This is an old school if I don't see it on TV or in the Newspaper it doesn't exist kinda guy.

This is why it's so important that mainstreme media pick up this kind of information and pass it along to the masses.

If getting popularity up via DIGG could potentially get the story carried my mainstreme, I'm all for it, but I urge everyone to send the article in to newspapers, newchannels, etc. Any place you can find an email or a submission request, click those buttons and send it in!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is why it's so important that mainstreme media pick up this kind of information and pass it along to the masses.
Totally agree.

If getting popularity up via DIGG could potentially get the story carried my mainstreme, I'm all for it, but I urge everyone to send the article in to newspapers, newchannels, etc. Any place you can find an email or a submission request, click those buttons and send it in!
I always send all three of these links...

Dr Elizabeth Whelan, President of the American Council on Science and Health
FDA smoke screen on e-cigarettes - Washington Times

Dr Joel Nitzkin, Chair of the tobacco Control Task Force for
the American Association of Public Health Physicians
Public Health Physicians Expose Double Standard in the FDA's Study of Electronic Cigarettes

Dr. Michael Siegel, professor in the Social and Behavioral Sciences Department
Boston University School of Public Health
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
OT, but Vocalek: That was one HELL of a great comment you posted over at the Injury Board blog! (I'm still on the Notify When There's A New Comment list.) I hope you've posted it here somewhere (haven't scanned the whole forum yet, but figured you'd still be seeing this thread).

Consumer Product Safety Commission. Toothpicks as medical device. The whole thing was brilliant and bears repeating all over the place.

Can you add a link to the comment so we can also have a read? I've been digging so many comments that I might have missed some...

Straykat

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Hawaii
My father-in-law turns to me and says, "You know the day after you told me about them there is a news report on TV I watched. It was kinda iffy whether or not they're good for you so I'm not so sure."

This is exactly whats happening to me now. It used to be, "Hey! What's that thing?" and I'd go into my pitch about what it is, how it works, etc. Now it's, "Did you hear?? I saw this report on XXXXXXXXX and blah blah blah..." and I have to defend what it is and how the report is slanted blah blah blah...".

At some point, just leave me the heck alone and stop judging me based on what the fricken media reports. It's all getting so old!

:mad: Molan Labe !!! :mad:

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
I'm any kind of doc....just as long as you are a convict. :cool: (I work in a maximum security prison.)

So, what kind of freak experiments are you working on right now?

By some, perhaps, but Whelan is not universally respected, not by a long shot. Her reputation is that of corporate lobbyist and apologist. And there's a reason ACSH stopped disclosing its donor list years ago. Monsanto? ADM? Scaife Foundations? Ouch...

AMERICAN COUNCIL ON SCIENCE AND HEALTH: Integrity in Science: A CSPI Project

HRT? GMOs? Trans fats? Chantix? Not really problems, according to ACSH. You can search the acsh.org site and see for yourself. On the other hand, those locavores and organic gardeners? Scary. Here's ACSH in action:
Little Crop of Horrors | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
This is precisely the sort of thing I am afraid will happen with PVs, courtesy of *friends* like this. The Daily Show is respected and, more to the point, shapes a lot of opinion, period.

If Whelan's article generates any discussion, her reputation and ACSH's will be noted and used to our disadvantage. Many will dismiss what she has to say outright, precisely because of her history. Just don't be surprised when it happens. I hope we find better friends... PDQ.

And it's your opinion that The Daily Show writers would side for the Federal Government, Big Tobacco, and Big Pharma? Do you even watch the show?

Ivisi

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    The ultimate job. A gynocologist in a womans maximum security prison. ;)

:D

So, what kind of freak experiments are you working on right now?

Ivisi

Actually I work at a prison for men. See all sorts of tallywackers, most of them diseased. Ugh! :w00t:

I'd consider testing e-cig usage on the convicts, but the FDA won't let me. jk

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Actually I work at a prison for men. See all sorts of tallywackers, most of them diseased. Ugh! :w00t:

I'd consider testing e-cig usage on the convicts, but the FDA won't let me. jk

Maybe I could feed them nic liquid and see how much it takes to kill 'em. (Again jk).

Straykat

ECF Veteran
    Jun 27, 2009
    Hawaii
    FDA +7 points
    Media +2 points

You -1 points
    People who could benefit from your help -3 points

Fight or die.

Read between the lines, Deadcat. I'll translate: "People need to stop blindly reacting towards what the media says and judging me based on how they say I should be judged."

Suggest you struggle with the real cause.

:mad: Molon Labe !!! :mad:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Read between the lines, Deadcat. I'll translate: "People need to stop blindly reacting towards what the media says and judging me based on how they say I should be judged."

Suggest you struggle with the real cause.
    I've been struggling against the real cause, which is clearly twofold...

First there is the FDA smoke screen meant to mislead the general public.
    And there's the media chowhounds regurgitating what they are fed so they don't have to actually work.

But we need to get the general public, one person at a time, hearing our cause and hearing our case.

If they understand the truth, they may just be willing to stand up with us.
    The more people willing to stand, the less likely it is that they can cut all of us off at the legs.

I'm taking it one person at a time, and doing what I can to reach more than one person whenever I can.
    And we should all be doing the same if we care about our health and our future.

Don't get tired... get angry!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread