Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Mark have you done any SL doors?

I'm just about finished with my first one and I have one more coming in to do custom for someone. I'll post a pic as soon as it's done, but it got an outer space/galaxy kind of look to it; very cool. I'd like to start doing more of them though, for sure!

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I've seen pics of the pegasus mod and always wanted to do a patina on one; so I got two :) This on has a brown grain with green effect in it, the next one will be as blue as I can get it.

*This mod is currently available :)

20141015-Pegasus002-Edit221_zpsa201df16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I'm just about finished with my first one and I have one more coming in to do custom for someone. I'll post a pic as soon as it's done, but it got an outer space/galaxy kind of look to it; very cool. I'd like to start doing more of them though, for sure!

I always knew that one day I would be someone.:)

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Love it Megan! I really wanted to see it on a silver vein and there it is :)

It really pops the color! I was a bit hesitant thinking I'd have to buy a new one in copper to keep the colors vibrant but it is absolutely stunning on my silver!!

Thank you for saving me from "having" to buy a new mod...(darn you...) :evil:

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
It really pops the color! I was a bit hesitant thinking I'd have to buy a new one in copper to keep the colors vibrant but it is absolutely stunning on my silver!!

Thank you for saving me from "having" to buy a new mod...(darn you...) :evil:

Yes, that is a sharp looking combination Megan, but I really think you should get a copper one too.
The colors would contrast, yet complement each other for more balance. And, then you could sell me one of those wooden watchamacallit mods that you have. :evil:

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Beautiful stuff in here! Honestly, it's the first thing I've wanted to buy in a long, long time. :)

Usually, I get my kicks from making or tweaking my own; but here, I would much prefer what you do, Mark!

Thanks Peter! Wow, I'm humbled. I'd love to get you into one of these, about as much as I'd like to own one of yours!

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I did the ring of my zenith atty. believe it or not it was almost as much effort as doing a whole tube. I set it aside to cure for a while and kind of forgot about it. I'll pull it out and report back, but at this point I'm not inclined to do attys yet, until I know for sure I have material I can be sure is safe and can stand up to the heat and liquid. The clear I use is rated to much higher temps, but still...

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
I need to get hold of something copper or brass . . . . . . must look around.

Say, do you do atty tubes? Like the air flow control section (separate part) of an atty? does the clearcoat stand up to mild heat and e-liquid dribblings?

A nuppin' with a patina'd afc ring would be really nice.

My builds are around 1 ohm, so it should hold up - I'll volunteer mine for testing when I get it . . . . . .

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Ever since you posted that pic of your quasar, I've been thinking an afc ring to match my Dibi would look awesome. Kinda the pattern of taki's door.

Which one? The only AFC cap I've done is on my Zenith. I pulled it out last night to put it thru it's paces & see if it can't take the heat & juice. It had been curing for a month so it should be set as hard as it'll get. Curious if it'll work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread