Dready's Mod Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
It's official, I'm doing patinas for brass & copper mods!

DMS.logo.fullres.jpg
I have a selection of mechanical mods treated with custom patinas, both tubes as well as doors for a popular box mod, and will continue to try keeping some available at all times. I also do custom requests, for which there is a "waiting list" as it were. I can attempt a particular look for you on the mod of your choice or do custom work on a mod you already own.

Forced patina is a unique yet delicate technique which adds a truly one of a kind finish to any brass or copper mod. I use hi quality clear coat to seal the patina, but please keep in mind these are not a rugged finish and these need to be treated with care. I will be creating an info thread soon covering all the details.

For now, I'd like to say hello and use this thread to showcase pics of the work and host the chitchat about them. Welcome!

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
If you are thinking about getting a patina, one of the best ways to find the right one for you is to reference a previous patina you see here on the thread. Today I'm going to start by putting up some brass doors.

Here are #003 Grand (right) and #004 Mini (left): *#4 Available*
20140915-patina009_zps9c6572e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#005 Grand
20141003-ReoDoors001_zpse206e139.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#006 Grand *Available*
20141003-ReoDoors002_zps25ff09e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#007 Grand (even more than the others, pics don't do this one justice; very cool!) *Available*

#008 Grand *Available*
20141003-ReoDoors004_zps13b9329a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Agreed Peng, #13 is my favorite so far.

How I got to that was quite a rewarding process too. I'm not a gambling man, but it sure feels like it doing patinas. Several stages to get a look and it can be really difficult to put a bunch of chemicals on a design that's already cool, hoping to get one more tweak out of it without ruining the whole thing. I'm sure the DIY stuff you do has it's similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread