Drip shield / extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
Quick question.. I saw that it was prudent to order the drip shield, and though all the posts I've seen about it are usually for atty's only, I imagine the theory is still sound for cartomizers, correct?

That led me to ponder how a drip shield would work with a tank, since the bottom of the carto is submurged, and only the connector / threads are exposed..? I guess you just take your chances with tanks?

and while we're talking tanks.. why hasn't someone machined a flat-sided tank to use with the darwin yet..? Just half a cylinder, with a flat side, so it would close.. someone get on that?! :laugh::2cool:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yes, drip shields were intended for attys, but yes you can use them with cartomizers, too. They don't really serve their intended purpose with cartos, but they do tighten up the draw a bit which some people like :) No way to use one with a tank, though, nor is there any reason to. If your tank is leaking enough to even consider a workaround, then there's a problem that you should be troubleshooting instead of avoiding ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread