Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
It's like a super cheap chinese beater version of a Pdib or a CC.

To borrow from Rossum

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

KaiChen

Unresolved Status
Mar 29, 2015
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So I can't believe I actually watched most of the second video and IMO, it fell into the same category as the first video that was posted..."WORTHLESS"... I can't believe KT would send these to "NON" BF guys to review... Why would they do that? Makes no sense to me!! Send the thing to a seasoned vet that knows what BF'g is all about. That way they will get an honest review of their product and questions answered that other BF's would or have been asking for the past week.

From what I could decipher, it is basically a cheap beater bottom feeder. The atty is just all wrong as well. It might work for some people, but not for most. If they had sent it to someone that actually knew BF's, they could've put a BF atty on it to see if it would work or not...

IMO where this thing will fail is:
Door on the bottom will get knocked off easily and lost.

Neck on the bottle itself will get stretched out and not fit properly and will lose the ability to squonk and will leak.

Feed tube will break off of 510 from bottle going up and down so many times.

Battery venting and no way to get it out quickly and bad things happen...

Liquid leaking from the atty, (over squonking), down into the switch and killing it.

KaiChen

Unresolved Status
Mar 29, 2015
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by retired1

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Liquid leaking from the atty, (over squonking), down into the switch and killing it.
Considering how this atty squonks and how high the airflow is, you would probably have to squonk half the bottle empty before that happens.

I think this is a great idea minus the "replaceable coils" and how the tube+bottle is set up. If I didn't already have a squonker and was interested in squonking then I would absolutely try this out.

Its interesting to see Kanger come out with a rebuildable squonking atty. Hopefully we'll see the other big ecig players come out with their own RDA's and rebuildable squonkers in the future.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Um. All other minor concerns and guesses aside - it would have been nice, being a squonker, if it actually SQUONKED.

From both videos, it clearly does not.
You squeeze and wait, and squeeze harder, and eventually, maybe, your coil gets damp.
That is, by definition, not a squonk.

Look it up, people! Squonking requires enough juice be flowin' to make a SOUND when returning from whence it came. It's an onomatopoeia dammit!
:-x

:cool::D

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Um. All other minor concerns and guesses aside - it would have been nice, being a squonker, if it actually SQUONKED.

You squeeze and wait, and squeeze harder, and eventually, maybe, your coil gets damp.

Look it up, people! Squonking requires enough juice be flowin' to make a SOUND when returning from whence it came. It's an onomatopoeia dammit!

In the immortal words of Ross Perot "we want to hear the giant sucking sound!"

Reactions: Train2

XspidermanX

Dec 27, 2015
Kanger could have atleast thrown their 75W chip in it, then I may be interested for a first time cheap squonk try. 60w is to low.

Holy fucx, guy! I couldnt even watch dudes video because he says "umm" every freaking 3 seconds. That was cringe worthy. Im not trying to be super mean, but you cant fathom how annoying that was.

Reactions: inspects

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I couldnt even watch dudes video because he says "umm" every freaking 3 seconds. That was cringe worthy. Im not trying to be super mean, but you cant fathom how annoying that was.

I thought the reviewer had a really soothing voice and I enjoyed listening to him; it was a pleasant change from some of the ego-maniacal, bouncing off the walls reviews, (seemingly made for teenage boys) that I see so much of, which was refreshing, too. :)

I had to go back and listen again before I noticed the um's. Guess it didn't annoy me

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleaning up / Collateral Damage

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I would again stress that KT should have had someone that had just the slightest knowledge of a bottom feeder to do the review because they would know what to look for and possible work arounds for any short falls the device might have... Not to mention they could've put a BF RDA on the thing and tried it out!!! I'm not knocking you, per say, as a reviewer... You just shouldn't have been the reviewer for this product... It would've been no different to me if they had just given it to someone that has never vaped before and asked them to review it.... In my original words..."WORTHLESS"...

Well, not worthless as I did get a peek from some angles I hadn't seen. Take that baby apart and give me a close up video of the insides and knowledge of bottom feeders will not be necessary.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I would again stress that KT should have had someone that had just the slightest knowledge of a bottom feeder to do the review because they would know what to look for and possible work arounds for any short falls the device might have... Not to mention they could've put a BF RDA on the thing and tried it out!!! I'm not knocking you, per say, as a reviewer... You just shouldn't have been the reviewer for this product... It would've been no different to me if they had just given it to someone that has never vaped before and asked them to review it.... In my original words..."WORTHLESS"...
I also did not find it worthless cause as he said, I knew a little more about it after watching his vid than before I did. This though is not the 1st video I've watched by someone who isn't all in the know. I'd rather have this than nothing at all to see what's actually going on with a device.

Look around- many reviews popping up are from people we've never seen before. The top reviewers aren't even reviewing these products. If they were then we wouldn't be scouring YT looking for first-looks & impressions; at least I know I wouldn't cause it would show up in my notifications that one of them I'm subscribed to has uploaded a video on xyz I'm interested in.

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

I feel you Train!!!! Many people don't know squonking is all about the sound!
I think when KT releases v2, that's when we'll hear the squonk. ;)

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

Reactions: Train2

KaiChen

Unresolved Status
Mar 29, 2015
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by retired1

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
  • Deleted by retired1

KaiChen

Unresolved Status
Mar 29, 2015
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by retired1

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
  • Deleted by retired1

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
  • Deleted by retired1

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Not sure how many people here are on the ohman page on Facebook but some guy just uploaded a video using his pancake dripper on the kanger dripbox. The only thing he complained about was it was slow to feed the juice to rda, but otherwise good. Least he confirmed other BF rda's work fine.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Cool - and as suspected from the videos, where it really looks clear that they need to revisit that tube, and maybe yank the plunger off the bottom of it...

Not sure how many people here are on the ohman page on Facebook but some guy just uploaded a video using his pancake dripper on the kanger dripbox. The only thing he complained about was it was slow to feed the juice to rda, but otherwise good. Least he confirmed other BF rda's work fine.

Reactions: muzichead

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Cool - and as suspected from the videos, where it really looks clear that they need to revisit that tube, and maybe yank the plunger off the bottom of it...
Pretty much, maybe you could just pop that plunger off the bottom of the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread