Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
istick_100w_bfmod_03-500x500-jpg.537582

Pulled this photo from another thread.
I don't know anything about it. Could be "vaporware"
Looks like a VW.....
Looks like someone modded an istick 100 watt. I'd rather buy an istick than a kanger...

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
You might want to take a look at the watermark a little closer... Definitely not Svapiamo...
You win, it is another Italian squonk modder Svapamo. Svapiamo makes the evic vtc mini squonker in a 3d printed box and Svapamo (no i in the middle) is the one who made the istick

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
You win, it is another Italian squonk modder Svapamo. Svapiamo makes the evic vtc mini squonker in a 3d printed box and Svapamo (no i in the middle) is the one who made the istick
Nice! I'd never heard of Svapiamo! I sort of had the same idea as him and made the following two boxes. One powered by a Kbox 40 and the other fit any mod I wanted...

954b93a6afd56ab74569d4906144892c.jpg

8c90dd51fbd7ad5b7a2c4aeed0780b15.jpg

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Nice! I'd never heard of Svapiamo! I sort of had the same idea as him and made the following two boxes. One powered by a Kbox 40 and the other fit any mod I wanted...

954b93a6afd56ab74569d4906144892c.jpg

8c90dd51fbd7ad5b7a2c4aeed0780b15.jpg
So you wired an rda to a fdv bf 510 and a bottle. Thats a pretty intelligent (if primitive) instant squonk

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Primitive is right. They were both experiments to see if it could be done. They both worked excellent as far as reading ohms and firing. The ugly wood one, I didn't use stabilized wood nor did I put a finish on it, so shortly after I started using it the juice took on a pine taste. The kbox squonker works well but a hammond 1590b box is not the most comfortable to hold and let's face it the kbox 40 watt is a sucky mod.

I'll try a new one this year probably powered by an istick TC40w.

Reactions: fishwater

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
First review that I've seen of it. Not nuts about the included atty, but it seems it will accept any BF atty.
:thumbs: This looks different from an earlier image. This looks like it will accept any "normal" BF'd atty. Hope those bottles are not too stiff. I think we can work with this mod. Nice!

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Cheesy looking posts, but hey, it's a $40 squonkin' setup...
It does look like another BF atty would fit.
Slow as heck squonk - did you see that? Tube must be way too thin or something.

it also looked like it's got a 5-click on/off, which I kind of like.
For 40 bucks I think I'm gonna grab it. Should I bother saying how bad could it be? It might jinx it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Train2

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
For 40 bucks I think I'm gonna grab it. Should I bother saying how bad could it be? It might jinx it.

I think I’ll wait on the v2. Knowing how Kanger usually operates, I’ll bet there will be a Dripbox Plus announced in a few weeks that offers variable wattage or perhaps even TC, and improves on a few other features. As Train2 pointed out, that feed tube is going to struggle with high VG juice.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I think I’ll wait on the v2. Knowing how Kanger usually operates, I’ll bet there will be a Dripbox Plus announced in a few weeks that offers variable wattage or perhaps even TC, and improves on a few other features. As Train2 pointed out, that feed tube is going to struggle with high VG juice.
Yeah, that is true. I'm just a little upset about that included rda. They could of made that so nice, and they didn't. Part of me wants it for a beater and the other sensible part says wait.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
First review that I've seen of it. Not nuts about the included atty, but it seems it will accept any BF atty.

In the video you can see that the perimeter holes in the atty are beyond the screw in deck so it is really likely that they are used for the juice path as I guessed.

9zidQ5a.jpg

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
In the video you can see that the perimeter holes in the atty are beyond the screw in deck so it is really likely that they are used for the juice path as I guessed.

9zidQ5a.jpg

Bingo. That's the most out of the way juice path I've ever seen in a squonker. I bet a regular squonk atty with the straight shot 510 path will work just fine.

I'm not a fan of that small door on the bottom for the bottle. For some reason that seems like it would be easy to knock against something and it'll fall. I could see driving with it, banging it on my shift or something when picking it up or down, and loosing that thing in between the seats. lol Also, in the event of a battery going bad, no way your going to be able to flip your battery out of the device in time. Should have just made the whole bottom one piece.

But otherwise, I like the price and form factor. And I'm now a really big fan of the side window squonk. It's like a super cheap chinese beater version of a Pdib or a CC. Just because it's so damn cheap, I just may bite on this one regardless if there is a version 2 coming in a few months or whatnot. It's a cheap beater with a nice small mech sized form factor. Looks good for the pocket carry.

Cheers

Reactions: The.Drifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread