Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Hi all,

I posted a similar thread in the uk, And i am getting no response, so i hope someone can help me here. What are some of these drippers also known as ?

As an example the V5 is also known as ?
http://fasttechcdn.com/products/136/1363601/1363601-9-thumb.jpg Just for another example, If i wanted say, an aga t, what should i be looking at.

Sorry if i have confused anyone, I confuse myself sometimes lol, but i want to get back into dripping and have something That is easy to rebuild.

I still have my original phoenix, But it is just too tiny to work with so i would like something a bit bigger,what performs well.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the v5 is a nimbus clone and works great, the yk1 is a cyclone copy and works awesome.

I will give the igo its due it is made very well but the few i have experience seem to all have the airhole too low and drive me nuts.

If i wanted say, an aga t, what should i be looking at.
if your talkiing about the high end version then it would be a DID or cobra.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Cheers for That thrasher,
Most helpful, i will get a V5 and a YK1. I love dripping but my Phoenix is just too damn small to work with. When i have had it running though with a decent wick/coil it was fantastic.

Thanks again,

Terry

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
the v5 is a nimbus clone and works great, the yk1 is a cyclone copy and works awesome.

I will give the igo its due it is made very well but the few i have experience seem to all have the airhole too low and drive me nuts.

if your talkiing about the high end version then it would be a DID or cobra.
Thrash, I thought I was the only one.
Do you also roll the air-hole to the bottom sometimes and take a non-powered draw to see if there is gurgling? I do, it tells me my silica is still wet enough. :facepalm:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
let you know now the yk1 is small but the whole top pops off and has holes in the posts so while being small it is easier to work on then trying to wrap wire on screw heads. wrap a coil insert legs into the holes and tighten them down. the v5 is about 21mm wide and same thing - holes in the posts, it def makes life easier.

V5 deck
P6300075.jpg

yk1 deck
P7030077.jpg

open the airholes - just a touch - and storm clouds rolling in....................

Last edited:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
let you know now the yk1 is small but the whole top pops off and has holes in the posts so while being small it is easier to work on then trying to wrap wire on screw heads. wrap a coil insert legs into the holes and tighten them down. the v5 is about 21mm wide and same thing - holes in the posts, it def makes life easier.

V5 deck
View attachment 229658

yk1 deck
View attachment 229659

open the airholes - just a touch - and storm clouds rolling in....................

The V5 looks a little easier to work with,as the posts seem to be further apart.

Am i correct with my assumption ? Also thrash,what is the difference between a rba and an rda ?

I can`t seem to find the yk1:blink:

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
$5.93 YK1 KTS Stainless Steel Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

RBA rebuildale atomizer (like a geni)
RDA rebuildable dripping atomizer.
as time goes by its it makes it easier to quickly describe the difference.

the Yk1 is smaller but i find its not too bad strapped to a mod and having the holes in the posts.

got a phoenix also, they are nice little drippers and i keep it in my bag set up just in case but with my kayfun and v5 im set for the road.

Last edited:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
$5.93 YK1 KTS Stainless Steel Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

the Yk1 is smaller but i find its not too bad strapped to a mod and having the holes in the posts.

got a phoenix also, they are nice little drippers and i keep it in my bag set up just in case but with my kayfun and v5 im set for the road.

Thanks yet again thrash,

I think i will get with the V5 x 1 airhole, and 1 x 3 airhole

The yk1 is too tiny like my phoenix V1. I always had trouble building that with my sausage fingers.

Last edited:

roundrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Central Texas, USA
Thrasher, I want to buy some, but I don't know how to wrap a coil. Do you know 1) where I might purchase some already coiled until I learn and 2) what materials are best to buy while I'm learning?

You have been recommended as the go-to guy for all info re: dripping attys for newbies. :) TIA

drrickso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Westcheser, NY
Does anyone know of any high end drippers? I currently use a kato mechanical and I have a roller as matte finish only order I want something that has pretty good build quality for the roller and the kato. Any recommendations out there?

Nimbus is a good high end RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread