HELP! V5 and V9 neg posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
I just bought a few rda's from fasttech, and all of the negative posts on both the V5 (https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004437/1363601-v5-electronic-cigarette-round-mouth-detachable) and the V9 (https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...tachable-dripping-electronic-cigarette-atomiz) are really loose. I tried to mount my coil, and then used the little allen wrench, and the whole post spun around.

I thought that the posts would screw into the base, but they appear to be press fit in there. I checked the other ones, and they were loose too. They just pop right out with a pair of pliers, but I can spin them with my fingers.

:confused: Is there something that I can do to put these back in (securely), or am I just SOL?

And no, I do not have anything to solder them with.:oops:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I just bought a few RDA's from fasttech, and all of the negative posts on both the V5 (https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004437/1363601-v5-electronic-cigarette-round-mouth-detachable) and the V9 (https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...tachable-dripping-electronic-cigarette-atomiz) are really loose. I tried to mount my coil, and then used the little allen wrench, and the whole post spun around.

I thought that the posts would screw into the base, but they appear to be press fit in there. I checked the other ones, and they were loose too. They just pop right out with a pair of pliers, but I can spin them with my fingers.

:confused: Is there something that I can do to put these back in (securely), or am I just SOL?

And no, I do not have anything to solder them with.:oops:

I purchased the V9 and V10 from FT myself just to see how they perform,against all of my high dollar RBA's,and the posts on mine are the same too.You can contact them thru the support tab for an exchange if you are within the time period to do so_Otherwise other than just pressing them back in with your fingers(like i have been doing)seems to work for a little while,not long though.At the price of these cheap RBA's i dought any of them,with an exchange,won't be the same.I am not aware of anything that can be used inside the deck to keep the posts in there solid,not to mention vaping whatever is used.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Since I don't have any 32g or 34g wire, I'll try to crimp the posts of one of them and see if that works.

The v9 has 3 outside holes and 1 inside hole, and they almost don't line up at all. I'll have to try to re drill.

Sent with the power of Telemechanics.... and Tapatalk.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Sounds like some knurling is needed to bring the size of the post up a hair.
A trick I've used in gunsmithing to make parts fit tighter.
You could probably squeeze the mounting post in a few spots with some diagonal cutters. That'll build up the outside diameter a bit.
Then just tap em back in.

Agreed. I do this to all my RDAs that I know are known to have this issue. If the pins are brass yoh can pinch them with pliers that have serrations. I just use my bench vise now since it easier. I then apply some red (permanent) thread locker & press them back in. You can use a bench vise for this too with shims for protection or even a drill press. I use a small arbor press.

BTW, have fun trying to solder brass to SS. ;)

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Mine has no air flow, just a $6.00 drip tip. got to love China QC.

Mine was like that too, air holes don't line up at all. I fixed it on the mill & drilled three different size holes but now the biggest hole whistles like crazy. Works good but now it's sitting in the scrap pile cause I don't care for it along with some other one I got at the same time. No more FastTech orders for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread