Dripping confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
Ok, I am currently awaiting the arrival of a eGo CE4 / CE6 1300mAh starter kit from DX.

As a newb I foresee a desire to try all manners of flavors and strengths of juice and it is my understanding, dripping is the most efficient way to sample many varieties in a reasonable time frame. Correct?

I have noticed several products to adapt drip tips to the CE* type tanks but other sources seem to indicate dripping is normally done with older type atomizers without a cartridge or a cartomizer with the wadding removed.

Can I effectively drip with the CE* tanks or is another setup better suited for the task?

Is there a consensus optimal or highly recommended apparatus for dripping?

Confusion reigns and I am right at home.:?:

Jsucool76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Boca Raton, FL
The best way to test juices (For me at least) is a plain old 510 drip atomizer...its basically a small cartomizer without any filler in it..just a tube with an atomizer inside.

You drip 2-3 drops into it, take a few hits, and get a taste of the juice.

Using a tank to taste juices seems like a pain, because if you dont like it, you have to go through the whole process of cleaning it as to not taint the taste of the other juices you want to use.

Hope this helps

BTW, you should be able to pick up a small 510 atty for a couple bucks. Definitely worth it to try juices before you fill up a whole tank and decide you dont like it.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Dripping isn't done with the CE* clearomizers. Some people prefer drip tips to the mouthpiece which comes on the CE* tanks, which is why there are adaptors for putting a drip tip on one. There are a lot of options for atty's. I don't really use them, so I can't provide specifics, but look for one which has 510 threads (or ego threads). FYI, on your ego battery, the 510 threads are the ones inside, and the ego threads are the ones around the outside. You may need to make sure that the atty will work well with the 3.7 voltage - some may be better suited to variable voltage set ups. Hopefully someone else who does use atty's will also reply and be able to provide more thorough information.

Jsucool76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Boca Raton, FL
I just use something like this when I'm trying out juices Joye LR 510 Atomizer

I personally have never ordered from litecigusa so I can't personally comment on their customer service/shipping times/anything like that, just the first thing that popped up on google.

PS: Like moondragon said, drip tips (despite the name) really go on any tank/carto/atty. Just using a drip tip doesn't necessarily mean the device is made for dripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread