Dripping does not work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
:(I really wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I place 3 to 4 drop of juice in my atty and vape... nothing.. very little vapor. I try dripping through the drip tip and samething. Tonight all I was able to do was suck juice in my mouth, yuck! I've tried 3 to 4 drops up to like 7 or 8 it all turns out the same. I've tried dripping strait into the atty and through the drop tip.. still the same. I just cant seem to get any vapor out when ... well trying to vape. What is going on can anyone please explain. I have tried everything I have heard and seen done....:(:(:(:(

BiohazardVideo

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I started dripping when I got my 510, also watched a bunch of youtube vids while I waited for my kit....

1)Blow out your atty from the battery side w/o cart or drip tip.
2)As stated drip 2 to 3 drips in drip tip.
3)As stated puff a couple of times to settle fluid.
Vape away

I like the more intense flavor, though I have a cart on my second atty and switch often.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I don't know for a fact that it matters - but what ml of juice are you using?

Also - take the drip tip off (assuming you are using manual) push the button and look down in the atty and see if it is heating up (should create a little vape) or put the up to your ear and push the button - you should be able to hear it start up

I have only been doing this about two months (1 month faithfully) and I never had any problems accept in the the first time I flooded the atty and it wouldn't do anything.

Is it the same for all your atty's

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I am using a Riva but I have also tried it with my joye 510. I have tried atleast 4 different atties..

Are they automatic batteries by any chance. Very weird, there is not much you can do wrong.
IMO, you can't really drip 100% VG very well. I don't know what happens, but all I taste is atty when I tried a 100% VG.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Check the voltage of the battery to make sure it's not dead. Check the atty on a multimeter to see if the resistance is where it should be. Typically 4-5 drips is normal, if your putting 8 in there you may also be flooding it. The trick for me was learning how to identify the dry and flooded characteristics of an atty. Once I had that dialed in it was easy to determine when and how much to drip.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
YouTube - 510 eGo Drip Tip Dripping 101.AVI

Dripping is easy with VG. You only need 3 drops to vape normally for 15 to 20 minutes. Too much e-liquid will flood the atomizer and you would have to blow out the atomizer. Obviously, if you vape insanely constant like I was in this video, It will not be 10 or 20 minutes but much less. If it starts to taste bad or burnt, you need 3 more drops. Dripping gives more throat hit and flavor.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Are they automatic batteries by any chance. Very weird, there is not much you can do wrong.
IMO, you can't really drip 100% VG very well. I don't know what happens, but all I taste is atty when I tried a 100% VG.

There are many suppliers that offer VG only liquids. Nobody's tastes the same. If you want to drip with VG try a different supplier. Click "Forum Suppliers" at the top of the page.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
My batteries are fairly new and they are manual. I also try dripping with a LR atty and the same thing ... nothin but juice in my mouth and very little vapor if any.

Are you getting a dry taste when taking a vape? With drip tips I found that sometimes the juice hits the edge and would get in my mouth instead of landing on the wick or bridge. I had the best experience when carefully dripping down the center of the drip tip....but again if you are adding 5-7 drips there shouldn't be any reason there's not enough juice. Are you having the juice leak out the bottom or other signs of flooding?

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
Are you getting a dry taste when taking a vape? With drip tips I found that sometimes the juice hits the edge and would get in my mouth instead of landing on the wick or bridge. I had the best experience when carefully dripping down the center of the drip tip....but again if you are adding 5-7 drips there shouldn't be any reason there's not enough juice. Are you having the juice leak out the bottom or other signs of flooding?

No dry taste..and there no leaking. I mean I have had leaking when I add to much. So I just clean it all up and try again. I usually start out slow, like 2 or 3 drops, puff puff, nothing.. add more.. puff puff.. nothing or juice in mouth...add more puff puff nothing... then it floods... Clean it all up and start again...

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
YouTube - 510 eGo Drip Tip Dripping 101.AVI

Dripping is easy with VG. You only need 3 drops to vape normally for 15 to 20 minutes. Too much e-liquid will flood the atomizer and you would have to blow out the atomizer. Obviously, if you vape insanely constant like I was in this video, It will not be 10 or 20 minutes but much less. If it starts to taste bad or burnt, you need 3 more drops. Dripping gives more throat hit and flavor.

I watched the video.... I want to do that...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread