dripping tastes way better than cartos unless i'm the one dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
Title says it all. I fail at dripping. I don't mind cartos but JEEEEEESSSSSSSSSUUS it's a pain when they die in 2 seconds. WHen I drip, I usually have no issues for a the first hour. Then it starts to taste dry no matter how much I put in there. or the vapor production and throat hit die off. what am I doing wrong? what is a flawless 510 dripping technique with a bridgeless atty?

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
OMG. ME TOO. CAME HERE TO LOOK FOR A BETTER WAY TO DRIP. LOL HERE'S MY EXPERIENCE... I've been trying to use 510 atty's for tasting juice and it has been a horrible experience.:grr: I tried with the SLB that came with the Kgo. The 3.0hm that came with the LT as well as a few I bought to try and every one I have had the same issues. It either tastes burnt or it floods and gurgles. I would say maybe I'm not doing it right or it just takes time to learn but I have don it many many times. I mean at least 100 times, probably more. I have even tried debridging them. They also leak all over mt lavatube batt connector. What the heck could I be doing wrong. Yes I dripped 3-4 drops took a puff and added more. I've also tried everything else I could think of. I can kind of taste the juice but not nearly as good as in a standard Boge carto and the flavor always stays in the atty. :( Especially after testing 10 flavors I can taste them all a little so I have no idea what the juice I'm testing really tastes like. So how can you not clean them between juices? There has got to be a better way. I've seen atty's i have considered buying such as the i06 from Ikenvape, the 306, 801 or 901 and even the hybrid. I don't mind spending more but I need something better. I'm making DIY juices and this is just not working. Any help would be greatly appeciated!

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I'm almost exclusively back to dripping too. I use the 801 atty and many love the 306 atty for dripping. As mentioned above, there are some newer versions that some speak highly of as well (i06). I'm an 801 fan because it is a cheap atty and it works very well. Dripping on 510s produced mediocre results at best. I realize my view is strictly utilitarian but that is what I want out of vaping: To just work!

The gurgling or dryness/burning is simply a matter of knowing when to drip. The trick is to drip the right amount of liquid when you first detect the "fade". Keeping in mind that all attys are different, put 3-4 drops into a non-gurgling atty, wait a few minutes and vape until you get your perfect puff. Then you should have another 4-5 good puffs before it starts to fade. Fading usually means a drop in flavor and then tingling in the throat which eventually will turn into a burning sensation if you keep vaping. When the slightest indication of the fade occurs, add a drop or 2. Fine tune to your liking and atty.

I would not change voltages until I mastered this process. It adds another variable and level of complexity.

Performance on the 801 will diminish if it is hit too hard with too many consecutive puffs. If the atty gets really hot, set it down for a few minutes till it cools. You will get a good strong hit after 5-10 minutes.

Make sure you know exactly what you expect and use a liquid that will produce the results you want. I like TH so I use tobacco-flavored, 18 mg liquid and 5v. An 801 at 5v is about 10 watts (definitely on the hot side) In other words (and I am exaggerating to make a point) if you like TH, don't use 6 mg banana flavor and expect to get anything out of it.

If the atty starts to leak there are usually three reasons:
1. Too much liquid.
2. It is starting to get gunked up
3. It needs to be cleaned.

In the case of number 1, wipe it off and then vape it off. In the case of number 2, some dry burns can usually do the trick. In the case of number 3:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69834-my-atty-resurrection-method.html
If 1-3 don't work, it is time for a new atty.

To switch between flavors, I just switch. Sometimes the combination is ok and sometimes it is gross. For flavors that linger and those that want to eliminate the old flavor asap, I have read that some add straight PG or VG and puff that a few times.

Dripping is a labor of love until you get it down 100% Once you do, everything becomes second nature and you won't even realize you're dripping.

All the best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread