Dripping the ego-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
Hello everyone, its been a very long time since I've been on ECF. Just thought I would share my recent experience with the ego-C.

I am an avid dripper, not by choice really but by necessity since I use 100% VG liquid. I usually drip regular 510 attys with my eGo and have used the mega eGo atty's with great success. All tanks however, fail me for some reason or another. I think the thick VG liquid can be blamed.

So I attempted using the new ego-C tanks and they work just like the regular ego-t tanks, which for me means they don't work. But I was able to drip the atty quite nicely however with the trade off of constant leaking. So I had this idea, since its easily accessible now, of removing the spike so I could drip directly onto the atty. The spike came right off with a little help from my Swiss Army knife. I was so excited until I tried it. It hits so hard it's completely unusable. Or its hopelessly flooded.

Has anyone else tried this for dripping purposes? Is the spike/wicking really necessary for this atty to function properly? Or should I try this again with a new C atty? Thanks.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I use 100% VG for almost all my juices and I use an eGo-C. I have no wicking or leaking problems.

What problem are you having when trying the tanks? Maybe we can help sort out the problem?

Being the VG is really thick, a good juice vendor should be thinning it with either alcohol or water, or a combo of both. I know mine does. Do you have an ingredient list for your juices?

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Also, I've used 100% VG juices in cartos without too many issues. If you feel the juice is too think you could always add a couple drops of distilled water to a small bottle of it and shake it up. It's unfortunate to read you are having issues with the eGo-C as mine arrives today and I did not have good luck with the eGo-T after a couple weeks. If these give me problems I'll just use the batteries with some other contraption.

Last edited:

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
The tank has nothing to do w/ a "T" or a "C", other than they are identical.
It's the Atty itself which makes comparison night and day difference.

The "C"'s are minimal in burnt draws, and easy to adjust the tank by rotating if you do come across that issue..
I've been using the "C" for a solid 3 months. Used to DD 100% on a 510. My drip tips are drawin dust! :)

The "C" Rocks, hands down, no other stock kit compares, for me. And that's 3 years of vaping experience. Take it for what it's worth.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
Thanks for the replies.

My problems have always been with dry hits. I use Cignot for my juices as of lately, I don't think they dilute their juices at all.

BUT I have just tried adding a little diluted water to the tank and wow what a difference. TBH I'm always skeptical about things like that, just the thought of diluting my liquids never appealed to me but if this keeps working it's a fair trade-off. Thanks for the advice that finally pushed me to try it!

I am always going to be a fan of dripping and my main question still stands. If I remove the spike can I direct drip the atty? I just got a new shipment of C atty's in, I wouldn't like to destroy a perfectly good atty for the sake of experimentation but if no one else has done it I'll give it a try.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for the replies.

My problems have always been with dry hits. I use Cignot for my juices as of lately, I don't think they dilute their juices at all.

Their liquid is the BASIC liquid which comes in a white bottle. Look at the ingredient list on the bottle. It will list distilled water and alcohol, both of which will dilute VG. So I know for sure they dilute it, but not sure how much compared to others who offer all VG liquid.

FWIW, from my previous, Cignot was who I was talking about. I haven't had any issues other than the occasional dry hit which is quickly remedied with a puff without hitting the button to help prime the atty. Then back to normal.

The clear bottles are Dekang juices. Those I have no idea if they are diluted or not. Probably have to look at the Dekang website and see what you can dig up over there.

egodzilla

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
Slovenia
I am having burned taste problems with Ego-C and a thick VG juice as well ... I did have 1 atty run fine, so it seems it is a very fragile balance which might have to do weather the wick is deeper or higher?

The cartos are kinda troublefree but they don't produce that much flavor in my experience. In addition I hate the idea of polyester filling and not being able to see if the thing is getting dry or not. Makes me wonder why the cartos are not clear ...

I am getting a bit frustrated with it as well ...

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
egodzilla,

There are a number of clear cartomizers, both with and without filler. Here's an example of one from Smoketech (with filler) at Virgin Vapors: 15 Pack Smok Tech Cartomizer Deal | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Here are some without filler: Bud Sapphire 510 Cartomizers | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

I've not used the Bud's, but I have use the CE2 "clearomizers" - when they work they are nice, but I often had wicking and leaking problems. There are CE2s that are not clear that didn't leak, but sometimes I still had wicking problems.

There are a slew of newer ones I have not tried yet, like the CE3 "Smokymizer" (but I've heard some leak) as well as the Visions eGo Stardusts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread