Dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwerrel

Verified Member
May 27, 2012
usa
To drip is to use only an atomizer with a drip tip . Usually the atty has a separate tank or cartridge that is used in conjunction, when you drip you do not use the tank or cartridge, the drip tip is placed directly on the atomizer instead, and juice is then dropped down the drip tip hole when it ends up on the atomizer head - 3-4 drops at a time between re-dripping. Typically a clearomizer is a combined one piece unit that joins the atomizer with a clear tube that holds a certain amount of juice, which is automatically then fed to the atomizers wick. You can "drip" onto this but it kinda defeats the purpose of holding so many mls of juice to avoid constant re-supplying of the juice. Also clearomizers have a middle tube that you do NOT ever fill with juice, it has to be refilled down the side and a syringe or needle tip bottle works well for that. Cartomizers are a similar product, as it combines an atomizer with the juice delivery, but with a cartomizer, a filler is used instead of a reservoir to hold and deliver the juice.

Sockfootball21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pa
I know that but I got my ego twist yesterday, it came with two clearomizers and I ordered a vivi nova(which looks almost identical). When you pull the nova apart you can pull that plastic little cap off and see the small coil wrapped around the wick. Since the clearomizers look da*n near identical couldn't I just pull that plastic cap thing off and just put a few drops of juice on the coil and put the mouth peice back on?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I know that but I got my ego twist yesterday, it came with two clearomizers and I ordered a vivi nova(which looks almost identical). When you pull the nova apart you can pull that plastic little cap off and see the small coil wrapped around the wick. Since the clearomizers look da*n near identical couldn't I just pull that plastic cap thing off and just put a few drops of juice on the coil and put the mouth peice back on?

You could drip I suppose, but it won't work very well. You can't do it as you are suggesting tho'. That would flood the center tube. Just putting a drop or two on the wicks that are on the sides would give you a couple of toots.

Dripping is the purest form of vaping IMO, but if you are going to drip do it right or you will be sadly disappointed.

steved5600

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    With the above method you might get more vapor but a lot would go down that tube and on the contacts. Plus that would get old qick. On mine you have to use a tweezers or needle nose pliers to get that cap of of a cleari. One thing to consider is that you can change the wick. I have read on here that cotton wicks wick a little more than silica. Just what I read I have not tried it. Just keep in mind when the wick goes dry it will burn.

H0mebrew

Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Louisiana

Yes you can. You can do it without putting the mouthpiece on. I do this with my older Ce2's that cracked and leak. works great for sampling new diy juice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread