Dropped one of my twists :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
I have fixed the button before. Attach a Carto or atty like you normally would. Hold the battery in one hand, and with your other hand on the carto/atty, with your fingers placed on the silver piece that holds the button. Carefully wiggle it back and forth while also gently pulling. You will see the silver piece slowly separate from the battery. Be careful not to let the piece come off too roughly because the wires are very fragile. Once the silver piece is disconnected from the battery body, you can manipulate it to allow the plastic button to fall out. Yours may be chipped or dislodged. The button needs to go back in a certain way, because one edge of it is flat and has a designated area in which to lie (at least my genuine twist did). You have to fiddle with it with the hole facing downward so gravity brings the button down into its hole. The hard part comes when you go to reattach it, because the plastic button has to shimmy over the circuit board perfectly. Just keep trying.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
If you put one of those Ego-rings they sell for the Ego threads on the threads and tape it really good, go around a few times, then you can grip the ring with vice grips, this makes it easier to get the top connector off just wiggling it very lightly while pulling at the same time, go very easy so you dont break the wires when it starts to come apart, then like Lexor said you will be able to probably fix your button if nothing is broke, it slips right out , then reset it in properly and push the connector back together into the batt tube.

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
I can't get it apart.

Keep trying, you just need to wiggle it gently back and forth. There is a seam where the metal piece connects to the actual battery tube. This is where it will separate. Try keeping your fingers on the metal piece while you wiggle the Carto end with that same hand.

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
once u get it started its easy...best way ive found to get it started is to bend it..put something like an old stardust on the connection and bend it at the seam a bit to get one end out then u can work it out the rest of the way...found this out when i sat on an ego clone with a tank on it..ended up bent a bit ^

so basically if you can't get it out pulling straight out..try to break the connector off..lol.just a bit though..

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
tina..it is tough to get them started..really really hard if your just pulling on it..you've got to bend it while pulling so you can get one side started out...sorry if this is what your doing already :p found out after taking my twist apart 3 times that its not the button at all but the chip with the switch on it thats moving...button is held in place by pressure from the chip and switch..my chip and switch is no longer providing enough pressure to hold the button out nicely. Going to try putting something behind my chip next time to hold it in place..but I feel I got kinda lucky to not break the wire while doing this so I'm not trying till i get a new VV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread