Ego Twist broken button help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Yeah; I shoulda paid more attention to gently there.
To my surprise the whole thing popped out and with the tension in my hands the wires burst
plus some tiny piece fell to the floor hopelessly lost.

That tiny piece that fell to the floor was probably the little plastic button that sticks outta the head to push down that white button on the pcb

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

jcreely

Sep 23, 2014
Reading, PA
carefully pull the entire base that the button is encased in off of the battery housing. you will see a small circuit board with wires soldered to it....be careful not to break these off! the button is just free floating and has an arched shaped back to prevent it from falling to the outside. hold the button housing with the hole side facing down. lay the button in the hole with arch facing the top of housing. without moving the position of the button housing, carefully align the circuit board back in and in line with the button and slowly bring the whole device back together. test the button. you may want to put a tiny amount of glue to hold the button housing and battery housing together to prevent this from happening again...but DON"T get the glue on the circuit board or button. hope this helps. i sell these (and use them) and have put numerous buttons back in place.

maximuz

Jan 7, 2015
Gander, NL, Canada
I had an evod twist so something funky. i had a vap. Laid it on my lap playing xbox picked it up like 2 mins later and nothing. Tje button wouldnt light up. Atty wouldnt fire. So being the mechanic i was i grabed the multi meter and metered the battery wherr is was pumping out 3.7 volts regardless of where the spinner was set to or weather the button was pushed out not. I knew right then something was up. I svrewed my atty back on and it just kept firing well past the 10 sec cut off so i hastly removed the atty and put it into a bag to revent it from shorting on the connections as it seems to be stuck in a closed circuit state.didnt seem safe just tossing it into my pocket with keys and change. marched on down to the local shop where i bougt it. He figured the pin was shorted but after chwcking that and still nothing he handed me over a new one. Im pretty sure the voltage regulation/potentalmeter/circuit board fried somehow.find out when i stops in for some coils monday as he said he was gonna tear it down completely

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Hi - I'm looking for someone with expertise in electronics to re-solder a wire on (#1) ego twist (and replace push button where it needs to be inside, before replacing the circuit board) - this ego twist never has worked from day one... I watched video to see how to look inside, and gently pulled it apart and saw the loose end of a red wire that needs soldering somewhere - then can't get button to lay right inside as the rest goes together... (#2) ego twist has a problem with the button also - button just quit working, so needs perhaps a new button (?) on the circuit board..?? I feel both of these are salvageable if I can find someone to do the soldering. Willing to pay, trade, barter, whatever is needed to get 'er done, please.

Reactions: redrebel821
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread