DSE103 and flavor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoshnasi

Jul 23, 2008
This is my first post and I just received my first ecig this morning. The fun factor is still high, but I'm concerned I'm not going to stick with it considering the flavor. I got "regular" which I assumed would be tobacco. Instead it tastes like a Hello Kitty eraser smells, sweet and fruity. But a fruity that doesn't excist so you have no idea what it tastes like :(

Do I have options for flavors that taste like a real cigarette? I'd like to stick with the DSE-103, I want it to look like a real cig. Not having to spent another $70.00 would be nice too.

Thanks!!!

Hoshnasi

Jul 23, 2008
It's not smoke and it doesn't taste like smoke. I don't think anyone has yet found a true "tobacco" taste, although flue-cured tobacco flavor is excellent, as are the Janty RY4 cartridges.

Thanks for the quick reply! I do understand that it is indeed vapor I'm inhaling. I just really want something that is as close as possible.

Do you think the Janty RY4 carts will fit the DS103? I've searched the forums here looking for some options. Is the DSE103 a new model? Maybe there hasn't been much experimentation yet.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I truly don't know about that specific interchangeability. Even if a cart doesn't fit, however, you can remove the stuffing from it and put that in a cart that DOES fit. We have ways ....

The Janty carts are priced right, and if you find a source of E-Liquid, choose the flue-cured tobacco if it's a (sweet) tobacco taste you desire. All fruit flavors are flops commercially. And the menthol hasn't pleased menthol cig smokers.

We're currently trying to get better taste by using "tasteless" commercial liquid, to which we add a propylene glycol based flavor from a company called Bickfords.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hi Hoshnasi

My favourite cart flavours are

Sedansa Regular Tabac
Janty Regular Tobacco
NJOY Tobacco
Janty RY NR4

I think you'll get used to the diffferent taste fairly quickly

Welcome to the club!

Emp

I've tried Marlboro carts but as I never liked the fags, I don't much like the e-flavour.
Update: growing on me!

Last edited:

cutepaw

Jul 18, 2008
Scotland
Strangely, (as I always hated menthol cigs) my favourite flavour in my supermini is menthol - I wouldn't say it's minty - but it isn't synthetic fruity or 'not tobacco at all' it's just acceptably smoke-ish and yet the menthol for the mini seems to taste of mostly .... nothing.

I'm very new to this and so often confused by quite basic stuff but any other newbies might want to try a menthol cartridge before deciding or assuming - it's not like you remember a menthol cigarette as being - which might explain why the actual menthol smokers don't like them.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Strangely, (as I always hated menthol cigs) my favourite flavour in my supermini is menthol - I wouldn't say it's minty - but it isn't synthetic fruity or 'not tobacco at all' it's just acceptably smoke-ish and yet the menthol for the mini seems to taste of mostly .... nothing.

I'm very new to this and so often confused by quite basic stuff but any other newbies might want to try a menthol cartridge before deciding or assuming - it's not like you remember a menthol cigarette as being - which might explain why the actual menthol smokers don't like them.
i always hated menthol cigs,but i really like menthol carts...however,only in a pen style...i get no menthol taste at all in a mini either...

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
I just received my first e-cig yesterday, and I also got the DSE103 and had some of the same questions regarding flavors.

I have already ordered an assortment of "juice", so going to try those.

Since being a heavy smoker for many years, the cartridges that came with the unit (6) are not lasting long, but who knows how fresh they are, so I think the "dripping" will be a boost for me.

And since I primarlily will be using the device (or plural soon I hope), then the battery issue will easy for me to manage.

When I do go "out", I will just make sure I have a spare battery and some "juice" or juiced cartridges with me.

I can already tell, even though I love the mini so far, that I will next purchase a pen type model, as I do want the longer battery life and what most have said is more vapor/longer cartridge life.

So far, received package yesterday, battery was charged out the box. Put extra battery on charger.

Started using at 1pm on the 30th and as of now, no "real" cigarettes and no cravings for one.

One day at a time !

mocart

Jul 31, 2008
Croatia
I have 2 dse103 for about 3 weeks now. One cartridge lasts about as 3-5 real cigs. Vapor is ok, if you're 20 real cigs a day smoker than battery would last around 4 hours. I tryed regular, menthol and apple flavour and the regular is the best of them, at least for me. I was smoking real menthol cigs for years but I do not like these menthol cartridges. It is nowhere near the real mentol cig. Apple is nice though.
After two weeks of dealing with cartridges i started to drip e-liquid straight to the atomizer. I found that one drop of e-liquid lasts as one real cig. But, If you drip dse103 atomizer with e-cig liquid it will ruin the taste in about 4 days! I used vanilla liquid from e-cig and it was good at the begining, but after 4 days (over night i suppose) it started to taste very bad. Toooooo sweet burning taste which almost makes me puke8-o! I ordered more atomizers and I will give e-cig liquid another chance, if that happens again than i'll be looking for better liquid... Thats my 50 cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread