DSE601 Epipe - Upgrade batteries available!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
I found some UPGRADE batteries AND CHARGERS for the DSE601 EPIPE!!!

These chargers will charge 2 cells simultaneously AND the batteries have 25% more current capacity than the originals!! The OEM cells are rated for 3.7VDC @ 900mA (0.9 Amps). These upgrade cells are rated for 3.7VDC @ 1200mA (1.2 Amps). Just go to eBay and type the following numeral into the upper eBay search window >>> 18350

These batteries can be bought in lots of 2 or 4...with or without the charger. I just bought a lot of 4 with the dual charger......can't wait to get them in!

Better hurry....no telling how long these will be listed or available!!

:)

Last edited:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I found some UPGRADE BATTERIES AND CHARGERS for the DSE601 EPIPE!!!

These chargers will charge 2 cells simultaneously AND the batteries have 25% more current capacity than the originals!! The OEM cells are rated for 3.7VDC @ 900mA. These upgrade cells are rated for 3.7VDC @ 1200mA (1.2 Amps). Just go to eBay and type the following numeral into the upper eBay search window >>> 18350

These batteries can be bought in lots of 2 or 4...with or without the charger. I just bought a lot of 4 with the dual charger......can't wait to get them in!

Better hurry....no telling how long these will be listed or available!!

You can buy 1200mAh 18350's from Battery Junction any time... I haven't seen the ebay auction, but just FYI. Also, the Ultrafire WF-139 charger will charge 2 of them at once. It's available from multiple sources.

Last edited:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
That's good news

The price comparison should be interesting

I'll bet the eBay auctions from these sellers in China are considerably lower in price...especially when buying the 4 batts + charger combo.....but I'll compare them later.

I don't know if they can be 'considerably' lower. Lower, probably (scratch that... certainly lower). But Battery Junction ships from New York, and you get them in 2-3 days... I'll sometimes pay a marginally higher price for convenience.

[edit] actually, there's only one auction listed that sells them cheaper. Most are the roughly the same price. Battery Junction sells them for $4.95 each, cheaper in bulk.

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
That WF-139 charger at Battery Junction is $29.99 alone.......plus it's out of stock right now anyway

Add 4 cells to that @ $19.80 and you've got a total of $49.79 PLUS whatever the shipping charge is at Battery Junction

I just got 4 of the very same cells + dual charger for $27.99 FREE SHIPPING. I think I can wait a week for the savings!

Here is the eBay item # for the dual charger + 4 battery combo I just bought...just type this into the upper eBay search window >>> 370155849142

Their printed/posted shipping ETA's are just to cover their butts in the case of unusual delays...these guys get stuff to the continental U.S. within about one week. Again, I can wait a week for the savings, no problem at all

Last edited:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
That WF-139 charger at Battery Junction is $29.99 alone.......plus it's out of stock right now anyway

Add 4 cells to that @ $19.80 and you've got a total of $49.79 PLUS whatever the shipping charge is at Battery Junction

I just got 4 of the very same cells + dual charger for $27.99 FREE SHIPPING. I think I can wait a week for the savings!

Here is the eBay item # for the dual charger + 4 battery combo I just bought...just type this onto the upper eBay search window >>> 370155849142

Their printed/posted shipping ETA's are just to cover their butts in the case of unusual delays...these guys get stuff to the continental U.S. within about one week. Again, I can wait a week for the savings, no problem at all

Don't get me wrong... I'm not a Battery Junction fanboy or anything. I didn't get the charger from them. I got it from China :) but for someone who is looking at only getting batteries, they are certainly an attractive alternative. Anyway... my main point in posting anything at all was to address the one part of your original post that mentioned not knowing how long they would be available.

You (generally, not you personally) can never have too much information.

ohh... as an 'aside'... if you don't have a WF-139, and have different types of battery to charge, it's fantastic. I charge CR123's, 18650s, 18350s, itty bitty mini pipe batteries, and even 10440's for e-cigars in it. The only thing I don't charge in it are my 3v CR123s, because it's only 3.7v. It can be had for $12.30 from DX if you are willing to wait for the shipping.

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
I'm a firm belivere in value. I'm ALWAYS looking to get maximum "bang 4 my buck"...and hopefully some added performance along the way (whenever possible)

Let's face it, times are tough and finances are not nearly as abundant as they once were...especially 4 me, since my divorce 2 years ago (child support is EXCESSIVE here in CT)

Also, I am not big on the many available "fast chargers" on the market for various battery types. Although battery chemistry & design has improved immensely in the last two decades, the fact still remains that MOST rechargeable batteries will provide better performance and lifespan COMBINED...when charged more slowly (at lower current rates). In this case, I will be charging 1200mA cells at a current rate of 250-300mA....perfect!

Battery Junction appears to be a very convenient domestic supplier...but the bargain combo deal I found on ebay..... it really is just what the doctor ordered at this time...at least in my case

When it comes to finding deals,
the investigative way.....
the Doc simply REFUSES,
to compromise or play...

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
Don't get me wrong... I'm not a Battery Junction fanboy or anything. I didn't get the charger from them. I got it from China :) but for someone who is looking at only getting batteries, they are certainly an attractive alternative. Anyway... my main point in posting anything at all was to address the one part of your original post that mentioned not knowing how long they would be available.

You (generally, not you personally) can never have too much information.

ohh... as an 'aside'... if you don't have a WF-139, and have different types of battery to charge, it's fantastic. I charge CR123's, 18650s, 18350s, itty bitty mini pipe batteries, and even 10440's for e-cigars in it. The only thing I don't charge in it are my 3v CR123s, because it's only 3.7v. It can be had for $12.30 from DX if you are willing to wait for the shipping.

That WF-139 is an AWESOME CHARGER!!!!!!

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
That WF-139 is an AWESOME CHARGER!!!!!!

It is... it has one shortcoming though. It appears that the side terminals (used for smaller batteries) don't come wired. I've found posts on the 'net that show how to do it, but it's too much trouble for me to bother.

I found these spacers at Lighthound (another battery source in the US, they are in Houston)... at $1.99 each, it only takes one in order for the charger to work with CR123s, 18350s and 10440s in the 'main' charging chambers. One for each chamber, I should say...

15mm Charging Spacer Aluminum

It works great 'as is' for both protected and unprotected 18650s.

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
LOL....With the particular, finicky and fickle kind of guy that I am....IF I were to own one of the WF-139 chargers.....I would analyze, test and carefully plan the required electrical/mechanical modifications to maximize it's versatility..... then I would do it once, do it right, and be done with it. This charger is the perfect example of the kind of product that I would optimize very shortly after acquiring it......but that's just me. Most people don't get that finicky with their tools, equipment and gear.

Before my divorce, I had an incredible shop FULL of test equipment, shop tools, machine tools, welders, hand tools, precison tools and electrical/electronic/mechanical parts (not to mention several large R/C planes & helicopters hanging from beams & rafters). Whatever I do now, I do with sticks & stones (figuratively). I've basically regressed back to the stone age in contrast to where I was in the sense of technical capabilities...and I might NEVER make it back to where I was. I try to take it in stride and be humble about it, though it is often times challenging to accept. Now I try to do the best I can without acquiring the best equipment to do it with...that goes for everything in my present life...from my old motorcycle (4 carbs, no injectors), to my old Ham radio gear to...whatever. I just have to make due with far less....and the financial cost is always a consideration, darkly looming over me.

Make no mistake about it though....the most important thing to me with vaping....is that I NEVER go back to analogs.....no matter what the cost of being equipped to prevent that!!!!!

Times have changed things SO MUCH....that I may have to use more muscle....and far less brain power....to make a living...and the first thing on my list of priorities is to completely eradicate all tobacco depedencies. This can only serve to help my physical well being...which appears to be something I will be increasingly reliant upon more than ever. The profitable engineering contracts have become far & few and for all I know I may never even see the inside of an R&D test lab ever again.....so I need to be prepared for that. Being healthier and stronger is not even a matter of preference for me....it has become a survival requirement....THANK GOD FOR VAPING!!!

Funny how little things like chargers and batteries relate to many far more complicated things....but like a maze of 18,000 dominos triggered by that first domino in line, it all transcends and clearly becomes quite relevant.

Last edited:

The Doc

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
Torrington, CT 06790
It is... it has one shortcoming though. It appears that the side terminals (used for smaller batteries) don't come wired. I've found posts on the 'net that show how to do it, but it's too much trouble for me to bother.

I found these spacers at Lighthound (another battery source in the US, they are in Houston)... at $1.99 each, it only takes one in order for the charger to work with CR123s, 18350s and 10440s in the 'main' charging chambers. One for each chamber, I should say...

15mm Charging Spacer Aluminum

It works great 'as is' for both protected and unprotected 18650s.

Got the UltraFire WF-138charger & four UltraFire 18350 batteries in today (SAT 15AUG2009). It took 11 days from the date I paid for it via Paypal....to ship from mainland China. It was worth the wait. I did have to use a Dremel with one of those round carbide bits to etch a small circular indentation into the top + contact of all 4 batteries...for secure compatibility with the + battery contact in my DSE601 EPIPES....but these batteries appear to have a different charge/discharge rate which is a bit faster on both side sof the fence. They do not last quite as long as expected...BUT they are very strong for awhile and provide some truly great vapor while waiting for the OEM batteries to (slowly) charge. By having 4 of them availabe, it gives me far more redundancy than just having the 4 OEM batteries & 2 OEM EPIPE chargers for my 2 EPIPES (just got another DSE601 kit).

Last edited:

Dave Rickey

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Austin TX
Just FYI, the 1200mAh batteries are not an upgrade, they're the same battery with an inflated mAh rating and a slightly different casing. The real usable capacity of the 18350 is 850-900mAh in either configuration, the original rating was an honest OEM rating, the new one is an "ideal conditions" (trickle discharge at 100mA down to cell death) retail rating.

But at least they're now available as a commodity retail battery instead of an OEM part you can only get through the ePipe manufacturers.

--Dave

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
Just FYI, the 1200mAh batteries are not an upgrade, they're the same battery with an inflated mAh rating and a slightly different casing. The real usable capacity of the 18350 is 850-900mAh in either configuration, the original rating was an honest OEM rating, the new one is an "ideal conditions" (trickle discharge at 100mA down to cell death) retail rating.

But at least they're now available as a commodity retail battery instead of an OEM part you can only get through the ePipe manufacturers.

--Dave

Oh good lord.." inflated mAh rating" ..can't anything just be easy?
Thank You for this information. It is highly appreciated. Taking out my little snippet tool and saved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread