One of the Best Charger Analyzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
81B53654-C7F7-47B9-9E4B-6106C84C4AA3.jpeg

Last year I wanted a more up to date charger. Not just one for mod batteries, but most cells I use. Being a lab tech who’s used many very expensive lab charger analyzers I’m very picky about battery chargers. I went out researching specs and functions of countless chargers off and on for many hours and had a browser loaded with tabs. The one that topped my list with the best combo of specs and functionality was the Zanflare C4. I never heard of them and $30 was a lot less than any previous charger I had ever bought, but I gave it a try and I was not disappointed. It functions as expected and is very sturdily built. I wound up buying a second one since I do have quite a few various batteries for many battery powered devices. They stay in use just about every day. So here are the features:

• Internal resistance measurement
  • 4 selectable charge levels from 300mA to 1A
  • 4 independent bays and displays
  • Battery capacity fast or full cycle analysis
  • Bay modes can be set independently or in sets
  • Cool running and silent with no fan
  • It charges NiMH and most Li cell types
  • Fits up to 26x70mm cells
  • Display shows voltage, charge rate, mAH, internal resistance, and charge time for each bay
  • USB power bank mode

There are quite a few charger analyzers out there and I did research all the popular brands I’ve seen, but for one reason or another technically or functionally they wound up lower on the list.

Prior to this I used 2 very sophisticated smart chargers for my NiMH cells. One thing I wasn’t crazy about was how warm that charger got. I even installed small 15mm micro fans inside to cool the power converter off. For Lithium cells I had a typical 2 cell Nitecore I had gotten cheap awhile back.

I’ve already had a couple of my tech friends buys these Zanflare C4s. Honestly for the specs, features, and the price, it hits the sweet spot.

Note: For longer cell life use 300mAH for AAA or AA. 500/750mAH for 18650. 750/1,000mAH for C, 21700, or 26650. Smaller charge rate, smaller cells. Larger rates, larger cells. You get the idea.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Interesting. I was going to purchase some batteries that I don't really need just yet, but this might take it's place.. Especially since it charges NiMH/NiCd's as well. I have a NiteCore charger that did that before it broke, but I have never replaced it.

edit: Thanks for posting this @UlkaHuren. BTW, I do live in WV, but I moved here almost 15 years ago from Calvert County, hence the SOMD part of my username.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    .. but this might take it's place..
    Take it's place it has. I just received the charger, purchased from Amazon for $29.99. I chose the free shipping option, and it took about a week and a half to get here. So I can FINALLY stop holding my breath, except the inhales and exhales of air conditioner fluid and battery fumes that I do every day. :D All my batteries are charged right now, so I can't do a CHARGE mode test just yet, but I'll probably die of anticipation (and holding my breath again..) later today or tomorrow and try it on a battery or two even though their not quite fully discharged yet (3.5 for the 650's I use in my reg, or 3.7 for the 500's I use in my mech). Although I just might try the FAST TEST or NOR TEST modes of this charger. I don't have any NiMH batteries at the moment.

Reactions: UlkaHuren

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Take it's place it has. I just received the charger, purchased from Amazon for $29.99. I chose the free shipping option, and it took about a week and a half to get here. So I can FINALLY stop holding my breath, except the inhales and exhales of air conditioner fluid and battery fumes that I do every day. :D All my batteries are charged right now, so I can't do a CHARGE mode test just yet, but I'll probably die of anticipation (and holding my breath again..) later today or tomorrow and try it on a battery or two even though their not quite fully discharged yet (3.5 for the 650's I use in my reg, or 3.7 for the 500's I use in my mech). Although I just might try the FAST TEST or NOR TEST modes of this charger. I don't have any NiMH batteries at the moment.

Nice! You won’t need any other charger for a very long time. :) On the test modes. The normal test fully charges the battery and then discharges it measuring the actual capacity. The fast test discharges the battery and then charges it while doing an estimate of the capacity.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    The US version has this listed in specs. No 20's or 21's.
    UNIVERSAL CHARGER: It can charge simultaneously rechargeable batteries of different specifications (18650, 26650, 26500, 22650, 18490, 17670, 17500, 17355, 16340, 14500, 10440, A, AA, AAA, SC sizes).

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Very reasonable pricing for a testing charger.
    I've been unable to find an answer to my question.
    Does this charger discharge batteries after they are charged if you leave them in the charger?
    Not like "I think I'll unplug the charger and go to bed". Most chargers don't react well to that.
    More like, "I'm busy in the yard and I'll look in on the charger in 5-6 hours".
    Some chargers use a trickle charge to keep batteries fully charged, some don't.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Very reasonable pricing for a testing charger.
    I've been unable to find an answer to my question.
    Does this charger discharge batteries after they are charged if you leave them in the charger?
    Not like "I think I'll unplug the charger and go to bed". Most chargers don't react well to that.
    More like, "I'm busy in the yard and I'll look in on the charger in 5-6 hours".
    Some chargers use a trickle charge to keep batteries fully charged, some don't.

It stops charging when they are full. No need to worry about leaving batteries in it. It’s designed to use as a USB power bank too, so unplugged there will be a small drain.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    It stops charging when they are full. No need to worry about leaving batteries in it. It’s designed to use as a USB power bank too, so unplugged there will be a small drain.

Yes, I understand it stops when batteries are full. Be kinda dangerous otherwise.
    My question was, does it discharge the batteries after the charge is complete or does it start the charge again after a certain point, like 4.15V.
    In any event, I have one coming for a mere USD 20.99!
    Sale price is gone now. I was going to order a couple more for family. For the price, can't be beat!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I just ordered this one. I've been looking for a charger that measures internal resistance and MAH capacity. I'm assuming from the features list that it can charge all 4 bays at 1A, since the charge rate for each bay is independently adjustable.

Like I need another charger. I have the Efest LUC 4, Nitecore i4, Xtar VC4, and an old 2 bay Trustfire. This will be my Shinyitis purchase for today!

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Yes, I understand it stops when batteries are full. Be kinda dangerous otherwise.
    My question was, does it discharge the batteries after the charge is complete or does it start the charge again after a certain point, like 4.15V.
    In any event, I have one coming for a mere USD 20.99!
    Sale price is gone now. I was going to order a couple more for family. For the price, can't be beat!

Ahh. Yeah, some people think the cells stay in a trickle charge all the time and so want to pull them out. No need for that.
    No. It won’t discharge and it would have to be on there for some days before the the cell voltage dropped enough for the charger to top it off.

Reactions: ShowerHead

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My Zanflare C4 came in yesterday from Amazon, two day Prime shipping. First thing I did was start a Fast Test with an older LG HG2. It discharged and charged it and reported 70 ohms internal resistance and 2774 MAH capacity. The LG HG2 is reported to be a 3000mah 20A cell, so 2700 is probably about right after lots of charge-discharge cycles.

This charger will definitely have a place with my other chargers and may be my charger of choice because it does it all.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread