Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I am quite pleased with this charger.
I have put my 6 LG HG2s through the Fast Test and the results are; I have 6 new 30Qs on the way.
Only two of the 6 had even close to the same IR the same two held 2845 and 2849 mAh.
These were bought from one of the 'Big 3' US battery vendors in Feb 2018 and have acted a bit strange since their 2nd month. I've set my '100% full value' to 4.16V on my DNAs and only one set ever shows 100% on any of the DNAs fresh off the charger.

Now, with the Zanflare, I can test and see when I should replace my batteries instead of by age.
Plus, I like that I can still charge with 1A on all 4 slots when needed.

Thanks @UlkaHuren for the tip!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I am quite pleased with this charger.
I have put my 6 LG HG2s through the Fast Test and the results are; I have 6 new 30Qs on the way.
Only two of the 6 had even close to the same IR the same two held 2845 and 2849 mAh.
These were bought from one of the 'Big 3' US battery vendors in Feb 2018 and have acted a bit strange since their 2nd month. I've set my '100% full value' to 4.16V on my DNAs and only one set ever shows 100% on any of the DNAs fresh off the charger.

Now, with the Zanflare, I can test and see when I should replace my batteries instead of by age.
Plus, I like that I can still charge with 1A on all 4 slots when needed.

Thanks @UlkaHuren for the tip!

The diagnostic features were the reason I jumped on the Zanfare. The next Fast Test I will do is on a set of 4 VTC6's that I ordered together from one of the trusted battery suppliers we all know. Three of them charge and discharge equally, the 4th one is always lower in voltage when used in the same mod. It will be interesting to see what the MAH test on the Zanfare C4 reveals with the VTC6's. I deduced early on that the best time to do the Fast MAH test is when you take the batteries out of a mod. It has to discharge the cell down to 2.8v and then charge it to full in order to calculate MAH, so starting with a discharged cell make the process faster.

I just got my Zanfare C4 about a week ago. It's rapidly becoming my main charger because it does four cells at 1A and reports numerous stats about the battery, including voltage, MAH, internal resistance, and ascending charger time. I like info displays. At $30 on Amazon it's a great deal.

Last edited:

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Something to keep in mind about the capacity test is that the fast test is an estimate calculated from an incomplete cycle. The longer normal test is going to be a true capacity test.

Also on the internal resistance, if the batteries are from the same lot number the IR should be very close on all cells. Older more used cells will have a higher IR. If one cell in a set reads off, then you can reinsert the cell in case it was misread.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Anyone else seeing that when a battery is shown as 4.20V and the 'end' is blinking it is not at 4.20V.
Just pull the slide back then let it go so the charger starts again on the slot. Once the charge begins, look at the voltage. Mine always shows 4.16-4.17 for any of my Samsung or LGs. Samsungs are new from Illum, LGs are less than 6 months old from Illum.
I'll have to get a meter out and see what is really in the battery when the 'end' comes on.

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just came across this post- and I'm in the market for a good, 4 bay charger.
It seems that this unit is no longer available on Amazon (it is on ebay- but I am very cautious about buying from that site).
The Miboxer C4-12 is a great 4-Bay Charger. It can do 3amps across all four bays which is great for the 2*700 cells. It can also do .2 amp and everything in between.
If you want an analytical charger the liitokala lii-500 and the Opus BT-C3100 are two of the best for the money.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks. I think I want an analyzing charger so I'll look imto the ones you mentioned.
I have the LiitoKala Lii-500 and it’s been great. My only complaint is the springs are tight so if your not careful you’ll rip the wrap.
The Opus BT C3400 has gotten good reviews but there was a few minor things that pulled me to the Liitokala. One was the fan, when recharging the fan will run and it’s an annoyance to some. The other thing was I read a review of the resident electronic expert on the flashlight forum. He said the Liitokala use a better charge algorithm in their charger while the opus uses one that isn’t As good.
I’m no expert and I could be wrong with some of my statements so I’ll just link the source.
Round cell charger index (Analyzer)
Good luck with your charger purchase and I hope this was helpful/

LX1X

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
Fee State
I just came across this post- and I'm in the market for a good, 4 bay charger.
It seems that this unit is no longer available on Amazon (it is on ebay- but I am very cautious about buying from that site).
It's back on Amazon.. just received mine today and testing 4 batteries..

Total was $26 and some change..(Amazon coupon this past Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread