DSE901, major battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
Yesterday I had one that would not charge. The last remaining battery from the startup kit was all my husband had, and earlier today it need recharging.

I put it on the charger for him, and when it was finished charging, and the light was green, I took it off.

I reassembled it for him half an hour ago, all seemed ok. 15 minutes ago, when I went past the counter where it was, I noticed the blue LED was lit. Like an idiot I picked it up.

I've got burns on my fingers and thumb, and across my palm. Icing them as we speak.

What on earth? Even after I managed to get a wet cloth on it and screw it apart the LED stays lit.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
is it an auto? if it is you might have gotten juice into it threw the hole in the end the carto gets into and messed it up i did that to one of my kr8 auto batteries, at first it would turn on everytime i put it onto the carto then it started charging weird then just died. there's a thread on here somewhere on how to try and fix this. put some dessicant (damp rid) into a carto condom and put it onto the carto end of the battery and let it sit str8 up and down overnight if your lucky it will suck the moisture out.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Auto batteries? Ditch the auto batteries and try KR808D-1 manual ones. Or maybe you can find DSE901 manuals. Downside - if you have a DSE901 PCC with round tubes then they usually don't allow for buttons and may not have the brains to work with manuals.

Also make extra sure the ends of your batteries are dry and clean before screwing in any charger. Juice can mess up charging.

Sorry about your burns. Yeah I would have grabbed it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread