Dual atty single bat build need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I’m not sure that’s possible if I’m understanding your statement correctly. Which I very well might not be. Discharge is vague. Discharge of what?

side note: why on earth do this?

There have a been a couple of dual atomizer devices that have reached the market. Tesla CP Couples as an example. Not sure how successful they were, seems more of gimmick to test the waters - but the trend has never caught on. That said, all (at least from what I have seen) have been dual cell devices that have incorporated a regulated circuit per battery with perhaps a feature that allows only one circuit to be utilized when a single atomizer is in use. I’m making a guess at that so don’t quote me on it.

@degnr8 – not to discourage your project, but that would be a bit of a challenge to pull off correctly. Battery discharge in a regulated device is dependent on the prescribed wattage. Wattage should not exceed the batteries CDR limits, which becomes even more limiting if utilizing a single cell. By using 2 atomizers that require to be fired at the same time, you are effectively increasing coil mass which will require and equal amount of additional power to heat both those coils efficiently. If the coils are identical across both atomizers, and your required wattage does not exceed the battery CDR limits, then a single circuit could pull this off. But if the coils are not identical, then you need to be able to adjust power independently per coil. Again, while keeping total combined wattage below the batteries CDR limits.

What are you trying to achieve with firing 2 different atomizers at the same time?

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I’m not sure that’s possible if I’m understanding your statement correctly. Which I very well might not be. Discharge is vague. Discharge of what?

side note: why on earth do this?
The discharge I'm talking about is the drain on the battery. I don't want to make a pipe bomb. The reason for dual attys that can be fired independently or together is so that I can essentially have three flavors on deck. I could say put coffee in one, and chocolate in the other which gives me two flavors or I could fire them together and have mocha.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
There have a been a couple of dual atomizer devices that have reached the market. Tesla CP Couples as an example. Not sure how successful they were, seems more of gimmick to test the waters - but the trend has never caught on. That said, all (at least from what I have seen) have been dual cell devices that have incorporated a regulated circuit per battery with perhaps a feature that allows only one circuit to be utilized when a single atomizer is in use. I’m making a guess at that so don’t quote me on it.

@degnr8 – not to discourage your project, but that would be a bit of a challenge to pull off correctly. Battery discharge in a regulated device is dependent on the prescribed wattage. Wattage should not exceed the batteries CDR limits, which becomes even more limiting if utilizing a single cell. By using 2 atomizers that require to be fired at the same time, you are effectively increasing coil mass which will require and equal amount of additional power to heat both those coils efficiently. If the coils are identical across both atomizers, and your required wattage does not exceed the battery CDR limits, then a single circuit could pull this off. But if the coils are not identical, then you need to be able to adjust power independently per coil. Again, while keeping total combined wattage below the batteries CDR limits.

What are you trying to achieve with firing 2 different atomizers at the same time?
The reason for dual attys that can be fired independently or together is so that I can essentially have three flavors on deck. I could say put coffee in one, and chocolate in the other which gives me two flavors or I could fire them together and have mocha. I'll probably wind up doing two circuits, just thought if I could run it on one it wouldn't wind up being such a beast

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The discharge I'm talking about is the drain on the battery. I don't want to make a pipe bomb. The reason for dual attys that can be fired independently or together is so that I can essentially have three flavors on deck. I could say put coffee in one, and chocolate in the other which gives me two flavors or I could fire them together and have mocha.
Ah. Ok. That could be doable. You’re going to need a power regulation board between the attys and the battery though.

The easiest way I can think to do this is machine out a 1 female to 2 male 510 splitter with a left/right/both switch on it, and screw it onto a single battery regulated mod. It would be ugly as hell, but functional. You’d still wouldn’t be able to exceed the CDR of the battery. Both attys would need to be MTL.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The reason for dual attys that can be fired independently or together is so that I can essentially have three flavors on deck. I could say put coffee in one, and chocolate in the other which gives me two flavors or I could fire them together and have mocha. I'll probably wind up doing two circuits, just thought if I could run it on one it wouldn't wind up being such a beast
You could always just buy an Enovap to use as you research and build your project.

Enovap | The First Intelligent E-Cigarette

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread