Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
For the hard to move carto, once you have pressed it down enough, just put a touch of vaseline all around, not much, just barely a little with your pinky. You will not be able to see the vaseline you use so very little, don't go up to the hole. (You can flip over the drip tip to use as a presser on carto.) It will slide in and out flawlessly once slid back in first time after vaseline.

Same for the drip tip, once you pop it out, put your pinky in the vaseline, rub it around end of drip tip, easy in, easy out. Again, a very tiny amount will do, no need to visibly see the vaseline, just enough to barely lubricate.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
@Hoggie,

Hoggie, could you possibly order a load of these Polly tubes cut down to approx 1-5/16" so we could have them for the Boge Cartos and Boge 302 ( Fusion ) type cartos. I've been having to cut all mine down because I prefer these cartos as many do over the Smoktech DC Carto's,,,,, just wondering, thanks

michealprater

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
IL
Been vaping this thing for 2 days now and I am having some issues. I am vaping on a roughstack v2 with a 510 short extension. My normal vape is a 30%/70% mix from tastyvapor. I typically drip with a 306 atty at 1.5ohms, 3.7 volts and get massive vapor.

When I use the tank cartomizer with a 16340, 18350 or 18650 battery for 3.7 volts that vapor is pathetic. Comparable to a gas station e cig.
If I double up the 16340s for 5 volts the thing will not even fire, however if I double the 18350s and jump the thing up to 7.4 volts it will fire. I get decent vapor that way, but it cuts out at 1/2 a second so I basically have to pulse the button. When I first fired it at 7.4 it did not cut out and I got massive clouds.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, the tank storage is awesome, flavor is good, but until this thing performs like a 306 I will just be disappointed.

anyone have any advice???

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Been vaping this thing for 2 days now and I am having some issues. I am vaping on a roughstack v2 with a 510 short extension. My normal vape is a 30%/70% mix from tastyvapor. I typically drip with a 306 atty at 1.5ohms, 3.7 volts and get massive vapor.

When I use the tank cartomizer with a 16340, 18350 or 18650 battery for 3.7 volts that vapor is pathetic. Comparable to a gas station e cig.
If I double up the 16340s for 5 volts the thing will not even fire, however if I double the 18350s and jump the thing up to 7.4 volts it will fire. I get decent vapor that way, but it cuts out at 1/2 a second so I basically have to pulse the button. When I first fired it at 7.4 it did not cut out and I got massive clouds.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, the tank storage is awesome, flavor is good, but until this thing performs like a 306 I will just be disappointed.

anyone have any advice???

With the higher voltage from the battery, you need a higher voltage carto. It will cut out that high with a low ohm carto or atty. I believe that tanks came with 1.5 or 1.7. For high voltage, the 7.4, I generally use a 5 ohm carto and no issues.

I don't know what to tell you about vapor production, as I just a couple tanks too. Low production on a 3.7 with carto that came with tank. Maybe the cartos need more soaking time than I thought. (Be sure to soak the carto before using tank, it helps to soak it first then add the liquid to the tank.)

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Here's what I do with mine. First of all, I cut the tube down so I can use a 3.0 ohm Boge carto, just don't like the dual coils. I put about 10-12 drops in the carto condom, and push the carto down into it until it's absorbed, happens in just a few seconds. Then I blow it out to make sure the center tube is clear. Drip tip goes on now. I put the carto in my tank, battery end first. The other end is sharper, and you can risk damage to your O rings. Before the battery end of the carto gets through, while there is still a space, I fill the tank with juice. Then I push the carto up through the hole. Sometimes it can take a bit of force. Voila, ready for a perfect vape at around 5V. I like it around 5.4V. YMMV.

With the higher voltage from the battery, you need a higher voltage carto. It will cut out that high with a low ohm carto or atty. I believe that tanks came with 1.5 or 1.7. For high voltage, the 7.4, I generally use a 5 ohm carto and no issues.

I don't know what to tell you about vapor production, as I just a couple tanks too. Low production on a 3.7 with carto that came with tank. Maybe the cartos need more soaking time than I thought. (Be sure to soak the carto before using tank, it helps to soak it first then add the liquid to the tank.)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
First of all, I cut the tube down so I can use a 3.0 ohm Boge carto, just don't like the dual coils.

How to you cut the tubes to length. I too am not found of the DC carto's. To me they don't significantly increase vapor or warms over normal LR carto's but seem to go through juice much faster. I've been using std. LR XL carto's but it seems a waste to use these in a tank as it's not really necessary for the xtra carto capacity in a tank. I believe 'ricks' told me he cuts his down w/ a pipe cutter.

thanks.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
First, put a wood dowel inside the tube that is closest to the id of the tube. Use a tube cutter, inexpensive at any hardware store. Carefully turn the tube and dowel while increasing the pressure of cutting blade in the tube cutter. Repeat until it is cut through. Just go slowly and make sure you are getting a straight cut as you turn it. If a girl can do it, you can...:)

I use this type of pipe cutter, though not necessarily from this vendor. Mine is a pipe cutter my dad has had for years.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/industry/virax-1596/copper-pipe-cutter-zr-mm-p25286.html#

Last edited:

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
First, put a wood dowel inside the tube that is closest to the id of the tube. Use a tube cutter, inexpensive at any hardware store. Carefully turn the tube and dowel while increasing the pressure of cutting blade in the tube cutter. Repeat until it is cut through. Just go slowly and make sure you are getting a straight cut as you turn it. If a girl can do it, you can...:)

I use this type of pipe cutter, though not necessarily from this vendor. Mine is a pipe cutter my dad has had for years.

Copper pipe cutter ZR 32 6-32 mm | Contact VIRAX
Yes, And you are the girl that can do it. LOL Good advice.

michealprater

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
IL
I realize I can increase the ohm load to allow for high voltage. Correct me if I am wrong, wont 5 ohms at 7.4 volts or 6 volts basically just burn the same temp as a 1.6 ohm at 3.7 volts? Will there even be an increase in vapor. I guess I struggle because vapor production is very subjective. One mans killer vapor is a disappointment to others.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
I do the same as My4jewels and cut them down for my Boge carto's, this is why I asked in post #185 if "Hogie" could order them in the smaller 1-1/4 size so we didnt have to cut them down. As far as using regular Dual Coil cartos I also have been finding the using my Dremmel and scoring the carto with a nice sized slit in the side of the DC Carto is working better then punching a hole, it just keeps the carto more wet to a point where you get more flavor. just my findings. Also = if you have an old 18650 Batt it fits perfect in the tube to use as a backer to cut the tube if you dont have a wood dowel, it will put a slight cut in the outer wrapper of the batt but it works well if you have an old 18650 that is trashed.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Good cux I got like 5 packs of dc'S and only ordered 1 pack of prepunched. also I saw one method of punching them urself by putting the carto inside an open book so it wont slip and simply hitting it with a thin nail

I tried this and all I got was a bent carto, and a book with nail holes in it. Don't have a dremmel or I would do that. Guess I'll end up with a piercing saddlevalve.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
If you dont have a dremmel, and cant afford a punch jig, it is very simple to find a scrap of 2x4 wood, drill a 9mm hole through the side, then a hole down from the top through the 9mm hole, sharpen a nail punch to a point on a belt sander, now you have a perfect jig and punch for $2-$3,,, also you could use a hack saw and cut a slice in the side of a carto to make your score in the side of it like a dremmel worst case senario.

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
I tried this and all I got was a bent carto, and a book with nail holes in it.

Not to laugh at your difficulties but this is the funniest thing I've read all week.

I need to read the whole thread but I'm gathering the solution to my apparent feeding issue is likely to somehow improve the hole. But probably not with a nail and a book.

I mean if I have to keep topping what's the point of the tank?

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
Thanks though I thought of that actually and did not seem to help much. Trying again and see more bubbles now though.

Edit: Ok the "priming puff" definitely works. I got so enrthalled with all the little bubbles that I way overprimed and juice leaked out the bottom of the carto lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread