The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dual coil problem with my bonza RDA !

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by Finlay knowles, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Finlay knowles

Finlay knowles Full Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Hey so I fitted some new coils into my rda (0.3ohm alien Clapton) but I got the message OHMS to low so I took them out and put new ones in but had the same problem so I took one of them out and it worked as a single coil what is the problem ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. beyonder

beyonder Full Member Verified Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pub around the corner
    Two 0,3 ohmers come out as 0,15 ohms. What device are you using?

A hint for the future: you can ballpark the resistance for two identical coils by dividing resistance of one coil by two. 0,3/2=0,15.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's possible that your mod can fire 0.3 coils, but doesn't have the capacity to support 0.15 resistance (and yes, your resistance is halved with two coils.) IDK, it doesn't make a ton of sense, but that is how it works.

I would either get higher resistance dual coils or just stick with the one. Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. entropy1049

entropy1049 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not so much a Bonza problem as the mod not firing below a certain resistance I’d bet ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nagininagini

nagininagini Full Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Maybe if you can tell us what yoir mod is we might be able to help further. As being a rda your coils will split to half of the resistance of single one, but im guessing that almost dual battery mod will fire it up, so either you have a singlr battery mod which leaves us with just a coil problem and definitely not a mod or tank problem.

Enviado do meu PRA-LX1 através do Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pizzadave80

pizzadave80 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2016
    I'll repeat the crowd. What mod? .15 is too low for alot of older mods... the general standard now is .10 or so for the cheaper brands but 1 year ago that wasn't the case....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.