The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dump the new trivia bot!

Discussion in 'ECF Live Chat' started by Zapp and Roger, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zapp and Roger

Zapp and Roger Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Dayton, Ohio
    After experiencing the new bot I have to say I prefer the old one. Reasons:

1. Auto hints rather than prompted ones, though I understand it can make it easier.

2. Once someone scores 15, no one else may join in or participate in the game, they are locked out which can take up to 30-45 minutes for the next game to start or longer if the leader drops.

3. Win 2 games and you are locked out from playing at all. What sense does that make?? It's about having fun not telling people they can't participate for the feelings of others.

BOOO! :) Out with the new, in with the old! Score link is interesting though...

2. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Retired ECF Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    trivbot and the trivia channel are in beta testing. I may end up removing the channel completely if I can't find a suitable bot for hosting a trivia night contest sometime down the orad.

3. Zapp and Roger

Jul 28, 2010
    Dayton, Ohio
    I did prefer the old #games channel bot, I know the #trivia channel is in beta atm so thought I'd leave my 2 cents heh. A trivia night or contest would be a great idea! :)

4. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Retired ECF Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    the games channel bot is a totally different bot. rbot's trivia module is not what I was looking for in a dedicated trivia bot, hence the addition of a sperate bot and channel for trivia

5. Zapp and Roger

Jul 28, 2010
    Dayton, Ohio
    So that was an rbot module? Interesting...well, if I come across anything I'll let you know but it's been many years since I was into IRC, bots and scripting. Keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.