E-Cig Banned in Argentina!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last monday may,9 2011 the ANMAT -FDA equivalent here- throw out a incredibile disposicion, with no sense or valid arguments (they are using the FDA criteria...that was rebated in a Trial a year ago!!!...but the common people doesn't know it) investigations or tests: they say and order that the sell,advicement of electronic cigarettes -or personal vaporizers- are prohibited,just like this.

We are angry but holding on vaping: the use is not banned and if so,I don't care.

More info here: Gustavo - Mi espacio,opiniones,reflexiones. Compartir en la "globosfera"

Facebook group (in spanish but english spoken): Vapear y No Fumar - Cigarrillo Electrónico | Facebook

Main other foro thread about it )also in spanish but with Google Translator it can be understood): Cigarrillo Electronico - Foro - Vapeando.com • Ver Tema - La Anmat prohibió los cigarrillos electrónicos

We are talking by the moment,informing media,contacting politicians...hard fighting,but We Shall Overcome!

Thanks, Regards from Buenos Aires Argentina!

Dicot

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2011
Chicago Suburbs
when you say "banned" do you mean they cant be used, or that they are regulated equally to analog cigarettes? i dont understand the language in the links.
After reading through some of that stuff with google translator it sounds to me like possession and use is still legal/allowed, however the sale of nic juices and gear (through imports or otherwise) as well as any form of e-cig marketing is prohibited until vaping is demonstrated as "safe for human consumption." Which sucks if the trials required are anything like ours in the US.

I'm sorry to hear that Tonifa. :( It sounds like your government just went the FDA route of ignorance in literally stating "we'd rather have you keep smoking tobacco!" Keep fighting, and being vocal, cause you might just have that ruling appealed or amended.

Good luck and never stop! :vapor:

Mudder

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2010
Canada
Well that sucks big time. It just chaps my ... that they want us to quit smoking, live a healthier life, and become less of a burden on our health system, yet want to block the one good thing that will accomplish just that. Just tell it like it is and say the gov't will lose more than they'll ever gain by having the smokers quit smoking and vape instead. It's politics and money, plain and simple, with very little to do with what is healthy or not.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Hmmm. First they allow the Nazi's asylum, now this ...

Who is this "they' you speak of? America was among the first to allow Nazi's asylum. Heard of Von Braun, father of our Saturn Rocket program? He and dozens of other scientists were first brought to America and were never prosecuted for war crimes because America wanted to use them for their brains. Wernher von Braun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel for Argentina and countries like it who cannot see reason. I think (hope) that many of these countries will change policy after a few more years of seeing how many people e-cigs help in places where they are legal. Most countries are not true democracies, even the USA isn't a true democracy but close enough so that Mob Rules apply. This means having strength in numbers. If enough people stand up and yell they are not going to take it any more, things can change.

Can you still obtain Nicotine in Argentina for use in other purposes? If so, perhaps a legal but low key group can help with the spreading of information for all types of Do It Yourself E-cig plans and juice making. Everything can be made by hand, atomizers, Mods, batteries are easy to come by, Passthroughs, flavorings VG, PG - as long as you can find the nicotine, you can make everything you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread