E cig Gear future availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Due to the flavor ban that might eventually affect the whole country and the upcoming pmta deadline that will make it a challenge for companies to release any products at all, is it possible that vape gear will disappear. There is the diy option for juice so im more concerned about hardware. Any thoughts?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Any thoughts?
Yeah, I've had thoughts about that since the Deeming was first proposed in the spring of 2014.

My solution was simple: Buy gear that I was confident I could use for the rest of my life, and just in case something happened to some of it, have plenty of backups in stock.

I don't know what the future holds, but I'm certain no stupid politician or bureaucrat is going to take the one thing that got me off cigarettes away from me.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Due to the flavor ban that might eventually affect the whole country and the upcoming pmta deadline that will make it a challenge for companies to release any products at all, is it possible that vape gear will disappear. There is the diy option for juice so im more concerned about hardware. Any thoughts?

You've gotten good advice from everyone in this thread. It's time to stock up on the vape gear everyone has suggested. There is a great thread in this forum that will help you in finding the best gear for the money and with strategies to make sure you succeed. Please see the link below.

Are you done stocking up?

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
By the way, bulk nicotine could disappear from the market at any time. Maybe without notice. Since you are thinking of DIY it would be a good idea to stock up on nic as soon as you can.
That's my biggest concern. I'm very handy and can make a mech mod or even an atty if I had to... batteries/chargers should not be an issue, but nic may become very expensive!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

It is possible that US availability could drop to or near zero. However, you could always order one of those "metal tubes" from China, since that seems to be how they label the customs invoice for all vape gear.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If most vaping becomes non/kosher elderly, I don't see how vape shops selling "new" gear are even going to be ALLOWED to, let alone "make it."

I have gotten enough nic for the rest of my life, and plenty of reliable (and yes, a few mechs and rdas, cols (drop ins AND premade) wire, flavors et.

I mean some stuff goes bad but also some stuff, like flavorings, it will happen.

However, I can stare at my loveliest setup in joy and then think "It is pretty darn useless without something to PUT in it."

Anyone without a fair amount of gear and some nicotine is going to be at the mercy of the black market. I was at the mercy of the black market (and the expensive, not even so dangerous one, as it happens) but I have NO DESIRE to do it again.

I'd rather not "need" all the nic and still use it, I am always going to DIY and stored correctly it will last for a very long time.

I have no more "needs" at this time. I am going to relax with that for a bit, I think. I just genuinely am.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread