Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Note the big question mark.

While I am ENcouraged because WE as vapers are looking to improve on what we already have. I know we've found out about plastic vs glass. We've looked into the ingredients of our juice and are doing what we can to improve on the quality and health aspect of that. I know there are people 'out there' that are trying to solve the dilema of an atty/tank. We are doing what we can to improve our devices...make them safer, last longer, improve the overall quality of the product. WE are concerned about the health aspects of what we are doing, and doing what we can to improve on that! And we are making great strides of improvements!!

THEN!

I'm very very DIScouraged because BIG TOBACCO is trying to get into the act! Lorillard has bought out Blu. Philip Morris is doing tests on their new electronic devices. Reynolds is coming out with their Vuse-ecig. Do you think THEY will give a rats crap about the health aspects of their devices? I think not! After all, aren't they the ones who put all those chemicals in analogs to keep us hooked on their product? Especially since Reynolds is tryiing to mimic their analogs in flavor! How would one possibly do that without adding atleast some of those YUMMY (being sarcastic) 4000 chemicals?

THEN!

There's our beloved FDA! (again being sarcastic) who want to place a blanket ban on ecigs, because they either have carcenogenic chemicals in them, or there isn't enough 'scientific study' to release for marketing. ONE test, done...how many years ago?....and on how many different juices?...from how many different companies? And as far as 'scientific study' is concerned, they say there isn't enough of it for people to be able to say that one can stop smoking using the ecig. Really??? How many of us have gone from smoking to vaping over the past few years?
:blink: Enough that Big Tobacco is feeling a crunch to start looking into their own devices! Where will the FDA stand on Big Tobacco's devices and juices? Where do you think?
:mad: While the FDA is trying to ban what we have now, which is FAR safer than analogs, I'm 99.9% sure they will embrace Big Tobaccos products.

I'm so scared that, what NOW is an excellent way to get off analogs, will some day be just as bad as analogs. I'm scared because I fear in the future, the only choice we will have is either an analog or a device from an analog maker.

But HOW do we fight this? Yes, I'm a big supporter of CASAA, and I will go to what city/state council meetings I can to help promote ecigs and prevent bans, but somehow I don't think this will be enough, because we aren't as big as them.

Is there ANYONE out there that cares about US as human beings???:unsure:

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Is there ANYONE out there that cares about US as human beings???:unsure:

No government agency, that's for sure. CASAA is probably our best hope for consolidating and educating the government on vaping. But, I think at some point, vapers will have to individually stand up and make themselves heard by everyone in government and remind them that BT has never had our health interests at heart and cannot be trusted to do so in the future.

I'm with you. I think the storm is coming, and soon!

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your response Flyer! I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way, or maybe even cared! 53 views and one response. I guess I'm really saddened because I can't figure out how to get people who either have such a closed mind they aren't willing to listen, or people who are in government, who only listen to other government agencies, like the FDA. It's like they think they already know everything there is to know, because the FDA says so! Did you know there is supposed to be a vapemeet in Kentucky this week-end, and there is this Dr. from the Univ of Kentucky who's written a letter to the hotel where it is to take place, asking them to honor their no smoking policy by not allowing any vaping on the premisis? She comes off sounding like she knows sooo much! But she really dosen't know ANYTHING!

On a lighter note: If you're ever flying over west central Indiana, I'm that little speck you see out in the middle of Nowhere!:laugh:

Last edited:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
I totally agree roxics! Isn't it a shame that even here in the U.S., Freedom isn't Free? Here we are sending our men to fight for freedom in other countries, but what type of freedom do we have right here in the U.S.? Government has really gotten too big IMHO. They have too much control over things they have no business having control over!

freekshow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
I for one am terrified by the fact that BT is getting in on the act of e-cigs,and am even more terrified that their big bucks will destroy the industry on which we rely to get away from BT and their destructive practices.

Well all I can really say now is that I hope to get away from vaping as well before they can fully DEMONstrate the reach and power of their BIG bucks.

Gah I need to go out and vape...

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
I suspect they will TRY to ban nic sales, assumeing the nastiness gets to this point. However, I suspect it's going to be a bit like jay walking. Think most cities call Jay walking a "black law", you only see pissy cops enforcing that one (I would LOVE to see someone go to jail for fishing on their Giraffe in Lake Union personally!). You can outlaw anything, doesn't mean anyone is going to LISTEN :0). While I do NOT consider myself a rebel, like most Americans, if someone where to get my "juices" flowing, well a bit of hades might break lose!

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
I for one am terrified by the fact that BT is getting in on the act of e-cigs,and am even more terrified that their big bucks will destroy the industry on which we rely to get away from BT and their destructive practices.

Well all I can really say now is that I hope to get away from vaping as well before they can fully DEMONstrate the reach and power of their BIG bucks.

Gah I need to go out and vape...

To be honest with you, I've started stockpiling what I can, in the hopes of lasting long enough to stop vaping myself, should it come to that. But what about the people still out there smoking?? Is vaping going to be the same when they finally 'see the light' or will they only have BT ecigs? And what about Mass? trying to tax everything they can dealing with vaping? Geez!

Tarrasque

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
N. GA
Keep in mind as far as the Blus go we have the final say as consumers. I was never impressed with them anyways. It comes down to if we don't buy the they will fold and away. We can show BT we don't want them.
On the other hand the $135 mil is a small amount to get a bad name associated with a rival product. How many will be turned off from vaping when they see a BT name on it?

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
I suspect they will TRY to ban nic sales, assumeing the nastiness gets to this point. However, I suspect it's going to be a bit like jay walking. Think most cities call Jay walking a "black law", you only see pissy cops enforcing that one (I would LOVE to see someone go to jail for fishing on their Giraffe in Lake Union personally!). You can outlaw anything, doesn't mean anyone is going to LISTEN :0). While I do NOT consider myself a rebel, like most Americans, if someone where to get my "juices" flowing, well a bit of hades might break lose!

I think they probably WILL try to ban the sale of nicotine.....'For our own good' of course. Because, after all, we are just dumb common people, who don't really know what's good for us!:mad:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Keep in mind as far as the Blus go we have the final say as consumers. I was never impressed with them anyways. It comes down to if we don't buy the they will fold and away. We can show BT we don't want them.
On the other hand the $135 mil is a small amount to get a bad name associated with a rival product. How many will be turned off from vaping when they see a BT name on it?

I agree with what you are saying. I for one, bought the Blu to start with also.:blush: There are so many fake reviews out there, and for some reason, those are the first ones people see. So I can see where Blu will still be around for awhile. And how many other unsuspecting people will buy those other BT ecig look alikes? And as far as trying to talk to someone who's already against ecigs in the first place, having BT involved is NOT going to help convience them to change their minds!

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Thank you so much for your response Flyer! I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way, or maybe even cared! 53 views and one response. I guess I'm really saddened because I can't figure out how to get people who either have such a closed mind they aren't willing to listen, or people who are in government, who only listen to other government agencies, like the FDA. It's like they think they already know everything there is to know, because the FDA says so! Did you know there is supposed to be a vapemeet in Kentucky this week-end, and there is this Dr. from the Univ of Kentucky who's written a letter to the hotel where it is to take place, asking them to honor their no smoking policy by not allowing any vaping on the premisis? She comes off sounding like she knows sooo much! But she really dosen't know ANYTHING!

On a lighter note: If you're ever flying over west central Indiana, I'm that little speck you see out in the middle of Nowhere!:laugh:

Ah.. so that was you:laugh:! That Dr should get an unending flood of mail with information to set her straight. Wonder what caused her to take that position with the hotel of all places?

Last edited:

JAY73

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
CLEBURNE TX
now this is just my 0.2¢ but i think the down fall of our country is reality t.v. now do not laugh at me or think me crazy evan though i most likely am according to my wife...
i have noticed that since the rise of rea
ity tv that people are more likely to do and say asinine things just to get attention and now that this mind set has set in it seems people are all about full speed ahead and to hell with the fallout just look at that BS doctor in kentucky she just jumped on the band wagon so people would know who she is she did not do her research and know people wbo care will know how stupid she is but in the end it will not matter cause the damage is already done...

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Ah.. so that was you:laugh:! That Dr should get an unending flood of mail with information to set her straight. Wonder what caused her to take that position with the hotel of all places?

Here's a link to the letter she wrote. I tried to submit a post, but was unable to because it asked me for my google KY link, or some such nonsense, so I wasen't able to submit.

UK letter

Edited to add: Yep! That was me!:D Did ya see me wavin atcha?:laugh:

Last edited:

Tarrasque

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
N. GA
now this is just my 0.2¢ but i think the down fall of our country is reality t.v. now do not laugh at me or think me crazy evan though i most likely am according to my wife...
i have noticed that since the rise of rea
ity tv that people are more likely to do and say asinine things just to get attention and now that this mind set has set in it seems people are all about full speed ahead and to hell with the fallout just look at that BS doctor in kentucky she just jumped on the band wagon so people would know who she is she did not do her research and know people wbo care will know how stupid she is but in the end it will not matter cause the damage is already done...

I think it is more like when you get a new car. All of a sudden everyone is driving that car, where before you would never see one on the road. We are sensitized to the sensational aspects of humanity, it has not increased in occurrence, and just our perception of it has changed.
If you want to point fingers at something, try complacency. We have a government that is going against the people, because we expect the government to do what is best for us blindly. Our biggest battle is always against our own institutions.

Last edited:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
If you want to point fingers at something, try complacency. We have a government that is going against the people, because we expect the government to do what is best for us blindly. Our biggest battle is always against our own institutions.

I agree with you to an extent. We do have a government that is going against the people, but I don't think it's as much because the people aren't speaking out (which is true to an extent) as much as it is the government isn't listening! It seems to me that once one acquires a government office, they start turning a deaf ear to the people who elected them...atleast until their next election year.

Tarrasque

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
N. GA
It seems to me that once one acquires a government office, they start turning a deaf ear to the people who elected them...atleast until their next election year.

I can see your perspective. I do agree with you, though perhaps we are looking at the officials' deaf ear a little hyper critical. There is a great deal of pressures associated with public office, and often the best choice to be made for the politician is one that will ensure a reelection. I don't think they ignore us so much as their hands are tied with the incredible amount of politics in Politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread