Status
Not open for further replies.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
"E-cigs are here to stay" is purty much elementary education knowledge

"Get your 2 pre filled cartos here, equivelent to 40 cigrits dontcha know, this week on 'special offer" @ the mind blowing price of only $12-available in our world beating range of flavours-regular and sh**-O-Cigs flavour
you've never had it so good
Collect your '......o stamps' too for more and more rectal drilling-available only at Gump-world"

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
"E-cigs are here to stay" is purty much elementary education knowledge

"Get your 2 pre filled cartos here, equivelent to 40 cigrits dontcha know, this week on 'special offer" @ the mind blowing price of only $12-available in our world beating range of flavours-regular and sh**-O-Cigs flavour
you've never had it so good
Collect your '......o stamps' too for more and more rectal drilling-available only at Gump-world"

It's bad enough when the rubes buy that story and throw away their money on rubbish, but it's dangerous to mislead the ANTZ to believe that one pre-filled cartridge replaces several packs of smokes. Maybe that's why the EU thought that 4 mg in a ml of liquid was plenty of nicotine replacement for any smoker.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
It's bad enough when the rubes buy that story and throw away their money on rubbish, but it's dangerous to mislead the ANTZ to believe that one pre-filled cartridge replaces several packs of smokes. Maybe that's why the EU thought that 4 mg in a ml of liquid was plenty of nicotine replacement for any smoker.

Exactly-thats why I have 'it down' locked and loaded on **ite-O-Cigs

Anything registering under 650 mAh and is not re-chargeable is a con-
But rubes will be rubes

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I know it's an ECF Politically Incorrect thing to say ...
However, E-cigarettes are here to stay !!

I predict this time next year we will still be vaping our favorite vape machines
and the public at large will continue to have access to cigalikes as well as power vape machines.
We will have access to liquids with various levels of nic and flavors just like today.

Those who laugh and say I'm just an optimist or maybe a little crazy ...
Bookmark this thread for reflection ... this time next year.
:)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I suggest our elected officials presently have other things
on their mind than e-cigarettes.

1-BigGrin.png

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Our elected officials do have other (and let's face it, more important) things on their little minds. So do our appointed officials.

But never forget, it's business as usual for the ANTZ/PANTZ crowd. The political sky may be falling, but Stan G, the Prubot, and Mitch "I never met a cylindrical object I liked" Zeller will still be pushing their agenda.

I agree that we will still be vaping this time next year, and I believe we will because no matter what they throw at us, we will fight for our cause and we will find workarounds to their obstacles.

Vape On.jpg

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Our elected officials do have other (and let's face it, more important) things on their little minds. So do our appointed officials.

But never forget, it's business as usual for the ANTZ/PANTZ crowd. The political sky may be falling, but Stan G, the Prubot, and Mitch "I never met a cylindrical object I liked" Zeller will still be pushing their agenda.

I agree that we will still be vaping this time next year, and I believe we will because no matter what they throw at us, we will fight for our cause and we will find workarounds to their obstacles.

View attachment 266423

Yes, we (the current vaping community) will find way to compensate, but that's not what we're fighting for, and you know this already but it's worth stating for other readers. The majority of us here found our way to ECF and to vaping by using devices that were commercially available in a growing market segment. The proposed regulations, if unchanged from their previous state, will virtually kill the commercial market, limit advertising, and ban flavors. How many potential new vapers do you think will be turned off of the idea of e-cigs when their choices are severely limited?

This isn't about us. It's about the future vapers who can benefit from this technology and industry.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Yes, we (the current vaping community) will find way to compensate, but that's not what we're fighting for, and you know this already but it's worth stating for other readers. The majority of us here found our way to ECF and to vaping by using devices that were commercially available in a growing market segment. The proposed regulations, if unchanged from their previous state, will virtually kill the commercial market, limit advertising, and ban flavors. How many potential new vapers do you think will be turned off of the idea of e-cigs when their choices are severely limited?

This isn't about us. It's about the future vapers who can benefit from this technology and industry.
True ...
However, I predict the public at large will have access
to quality vape machines, flavors, and choices of nic levels.
All will work out in time and smokers will have options that will work for them.
E-cigarettes are here to stay ... not just for us but for everyone.

Q: Will there be fights in our future ??
A: Of course.
Q: Will we win ??
A: Yes ... Not maybe based on this or that ... but Yes !

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
True ...
All will work out in time and smokers will have options that will work for them.

I too believe that we will eventually win the war, but we must face the possibility that we will lose quite a few battles along the way. I tip my hat to your optimism, good sir! :)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The only constant in the universe ... is change.

My first PV (back in 2009) was a DSE 808 automatic Pen-style (no button)
and I thought ... Wow ... It can't get any better than this.
:laugh:

The future will be different than today...However, all will work out in time.
All of us would like to skip the fight but the fight is part of the journey.

One of my favorite quotes ... I think it applies to our movement.

All truth passes through three stages
First, it is ridiculed
Second, it is violently opposed
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
The only constant in the universe ... is change.

My first PV (back in 2009) was a DSE 808 automatic Pen-style (no button)
and I thought ... Wow ... It can't get any better than this.
:laugh:

The future will be different than today...However, all will work out in time.
All of us would like to skip the fight but the fight is part of the journey.

One of my favorite quotes ... I think it applies to our movement.

All truth passes through three stages
First, it is ridiculed
Second, it is violently opposed
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

That's a very good philosophy, and one that is supported through much of my own observation throughout my life. We just have one hell of a fight to get to the third step, given our highly ideological political environment right now. I'm just going to keep vaping, and get ready for the battles ahead.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
True ...

Have to agree fully with this, the FDA, BP and their minions AKA the alphabet groups lost their big chance when they lost in district court and were shot down by all 12 judges in the appellate court. They have been reacting in the normal slow way that the Feds and big corporations do and it has given e-cigs time to become well established. Blue and Njoy are running their ad programs and many more people know about them and many have friends and family who have quit analogs with them.

In other words that horse long ago left the barn and all they can do is chase it. We need to keep writing our congress critters and let them know how we feel, tell them our stories and send them links to studies that are ongoing now.

It's going to be a long battle as there's way to much $$$$$$$ that will be lost by governments, BP, BT and the alphabet groups, they all have a reason to bury them and will do there damnedest to do so.

We need to support CASAA as they are the organisation that is totally on our side and make noise every chance we get as the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.

:vapor::vapor::vapor:;)

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I am intensely concerned with the fate of those who currently smoke and are not yet familiar with ecigs or who are not yet motivated to try them. How are they going to fare faced with disruptive regulations? I predict that if the public health establishment isn't going to help them, by encouraging them to give vaping a try, we will have to do that job for them. (And I wonder, if this comes to pass, if the public health establishment will be astute enough to feel shamed...)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I am intensely concerned with the fate of those who currently smoke and are not yet familiar with ecigs or who are not yet motivated to try them. How are they going to fare faced with disruptive regulations? I predict that if the public health establishment isn't going to help them, by encouraging them to give vaping a try, we will have to do that job for them. (And I wonder, if this comes to pass, if the public health establishment will be astute enough to feel shamed...)
Don't worry ...
The ecig movement (for the most part) grew to the numbers it has today
by word of mouth ... No thanks the "Public Health Establishment" !!
E-cigarettes are no big secret anymore ... like they were in the early days.

In the early days few smokers even heard about e-cigarettes
not the case anymore !!

We all want all smokers to know about the advantages of e-smoking
and all the different products available in order to give everyone all the
information to help them. However, we can't hold everyone's hand
even though we would like to.

Many of us here have long since shared the e-smoking information
with all of our friends and relatives ... many were converted.
Today, it's difficult for me to find any smoker who hasn't heard about e-cigs.

Our numbers today are in the millions around the world ... and our favorite topic
when meeting a smoker is e-smoking.

Sometimes we are so sold on e-smoking ... we think every smoker would convert
if only they had the right equipment, flavors, and nic levels.
The reality is ... e-smoking is not for everyone regardless of the PV and supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread