Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
This was the NZ Study whose numbers were projected in a way that could be, and were, easily misconstrued.
I know of at least one NZ health "expert" who informed SG that even though he would recommend vaping to his patients who could/can not quit smoking, that he will support SG's cause all the way. It looks like he kept his word.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
In other words, the amount of people NOT becoming nicotine addicted has DOUBLED.

The tobacco smoking addiction is at its lowest ever. vaping is at its highest ever.
Vaping is cheaper than tobacco smoking, yet sales will be beating out tobacco cigarettes soon. Even the closet smokers are switching over. Even the social smokers are switching over. Even,yes, even the tobacco cigarette addicted minors are switching over. (The next generation of addicted tax payers)

But nobody new to it all is becoming newly addicted.
Newbies are seeing what the fuss is all about, then walking away, free from a lifelong addiction that would otherwise be available to them if vaping wasn't here. Tobacco kills Smoking significantly increases your health risks. Vaping doesn't.

Fixed that for you. ;)

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
So how long before they start telling us kids are dropping like flies from a single puff of these horrible ecig nicotine devil devices?

Right after they poison a bunch of kids with pure nic and they drop like flies. Read This
The end always justifies the means

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
It was just ... an idea.

And a damn good one too! I'd *love* to see the prez handed an ecig and invited to try vaping! The problem is nothing can be just "handed" to the prez without going through incredibly extensive scrutiny and security checks. Didn't in any way mean to make light of your idea, cmknight!

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center
See how they are lying?

I like how they report the youth current use is 1 (puff?? cigarette??) in 30 days but when they report adult statistics current use turns into
Current smokers are defined as persons who reported smoking at least 100 cigarettes during their lifetime and who, at the time of interview, reported smoking every day or some days.
CDC - Fact Sheet - Adult Cigarette Smoking in the United States - Smoking & Tobacco Use

Nothing like playing with the parameters to make the data more alarming :facepalm:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
What's really driving me crazy is the importance that "Kids might be using e-cigarettes" has on the discussion.

Being the frugal sort, I often bought "Refillable" lighters, and therefore, butane refill stuff.

None of it actually worked that well (although some worked a LITTLE better than others). Combination of crappy lighters and crappy refills.

Last time I tried to buy a butane refill (several years ago) the guy at the convenience store said (short version) "We don't carry that anymore. Our employees were all huffing it out back so we dropped a whole bunch of stuff that we used to have". Employees were minimum-wage young kids. Huffing Butane.

But now, somehow, the possibility that some small part of our youth are using e-cigs is a horror story. I am not saying that they should, but let's put it into perspective. Huffing WAS a horror story, not sure to what extent it is today (It's not newsworthy any more, just routine).

Those of you who are parents, which would you prefer:

a) My kid smokes pot
b) My kid uses e-ciggs
c) My kid Huffs
d) My kid steals prescriptions from (me and) my neighbor and does them
e) My kid likes the designer drugs (nth-generation extasy)
f) My kid only uses roofies, and he doesn't take them himself so it's ok
g) My kid will never ever ever ever ever do any drugs because I raised him/her the right way.

(edit) Oh yeah, I forgot this one:
h) My kid smokes cigarettes.

And then look at the statistics.

Last edited:

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
Status
Not open for further replies.