E-Cigs and Death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
I know it's a stupid question... But I know we're all smart and I want so see if someone can find ONE just ONE article linking e-cigs and death. I did a google search myself and after reading about 30 articles they all are either not true and "trying" to link e-cigs to death. Or the person was an ex-smoker for 25 years and said person died from that. Can someone please find a Stone Cold Article saying that an e-cig killed them? Ready set go :)

MX

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
If it's the article I am thinking of the guy (in uk) had a serious health problem and used e cigs. When he died the doctors jumped on an said it was e cigs and not his chronic illness. I would link the article but I am on my phone at the moment.

lol get off the phone.... Yea I read that one to. But I'm looking for one article that said 100% yes e-cig killed a person.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
E-cigs have not been around long enough for any long term studies or conclusions to link them with death in my opinion, in regards to this though I don't think they are 100% safe by any means but a much healthier alternative to smoking which is 100% established to causing diseases linked to death.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
E-cigs have not been around long enough for any long term studies or conclusions to link them with death in my opinion, in regards to this though I don't think they are 100% safe by any means but a much healthier alternative to smoking which is 100% established to causing diseases linked to death.

You are totally right MWA.... I do agree that e-cig could not be safe. I only say "could" because there are no studies. And who know one day a study might come out and say e-cigs make you life longer. Or kill you faster. We just dont know. E-cigs have been out on the market since 2003. Its not a long time but it's not a short time either. There has to be something out there saying something is bad about e-cig. I'm not saying your wrong but there has to be something. It's all most been 10 years. Hasn't anyone found anything negative with e-cig?

Last edited:

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
lol get off the phone.... Yea I read that one to. But I'm looking for one article that said 100% yes e-cig killed a person.

No computer for a few hours. Waiting outside the changing room at the mall so it could take awhile.

I have not seen any other article regarding death and e cigs. Would be interested in seeing it.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
No computer for a few hours. Waiting outside the changing room at the mall so it could take awhile.

I have not seen any other article regarding death and e cigs. Would be interested in seeing it.

Fray be a man and tell your lady your going to the bar. lol

It would be interesting to see if there is something out there linking e-cigs to death or cancer. I've been looking for a week and I can't really find any solid evidence saying yes e-cigs killed this person.

All I find is doctors "saying" it was e-cigs killed them and not the fact that said person smoked for 25 years or was sick.

Last edited:

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
Fray be a man and tell your lady your going to the bar. lol

It would be interesting to see if there is something out there linking e-cigs to death or cancer. I've been looking for a week and I can't really find any solid evidence saying yes e-cigs killed this person.

All I find is doctors "saying" it was e-cigs killed them and not the fact that said person smoked for 25 years or was sick.

I would go to the bar, but I wouldn't have any money left if I was not here to moderate.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... when they pry my PV from my cold clammy, but clean hands!
smiley_abused.gif

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
I have a gut feeling that after there are lengthy epidemiological studies on e cigs the most harmful thing about them will be the flavorings or the way way way over use of pg ex:5-10 ml a day for years.

If it does have bad effects then I am sure it is miniscule compared to the effects of cigarettes.

Totally agree. eicigs are the lesser of two evils. Everything you put in your body has an effect. Long Term or short. You drink 10 beers your drunk and need to pee alot. You eat a crave case of while castle sliders... well... There's a reason they call them sliders. I'll let you guess why.

But back on topic here. I know e-cigs have been here for almost 10 years. And I also now they just now started testing e-cigs. But even in a shot term testing they had to find something. I mean find something come on. I know just like smoking it could take years to show an effect of e-cigs could show negative effect if there are any negative effect. But I remember when I would have to go take my yearly chest xray for work... You can see the TAR build of from the year before. Then after I went to ecigs you can see the TAR go away. Your tell me they can find something like that? Because we all know "They" are looking for stuff to call e-cigs bad and all "they've" come up with is just crap that can be disprove in 5 minutes.

I know that there are ligament people out there doing unbiased research but even they the people who take no sides. They can find any short term illness?

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Everyone is going to die. So in a way, I guess Everything can be linked to Death.

Are e-Cigs completely risk free? I would say No. Are they a healthier alternative to analogs? I would say Probably.

The best thing would be to put NOTHING in your lungs. But if you are, analogs would be about the last choice.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
Everyone is going to die. So in a way, I guess Everything can be linked to Death.

Are e-Cigs completely risk free? I would say No. Are they a healthier alternative to analogs? I would say Probably.

The best thing would be to put NOTHING in your lungs. But if you are, analogs would be about the last choice.

Totally agree... I mean you can die from drinking to much water. And water vaper is produced my e-cig. E-cigs cause death. Bam!! Nailed it in only two degrees of separation. :)

Totally true You can die from anything and everything and anytime and any place. Just knowing how dangerous the world is make you almost not want to go outside.

Like I said before e-cigs are the lesser of two evils. I'd rather vape then smoke any day.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
if you are so paranoid about e-cigs causing death maybe you should not use it.

I'm not paranoid about e-cigs. I'm doing research to see if anyone could find anything regarding a link to e-cig and death. I've been unsuccessful trying to find a legitimate article stating "Yes E-cig killed someone." I don't mind a friendly debate as long as it's friendly and not out of control. But I am agreeing with everyone so I cant really say it's a debate.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Once the bigger money jumps into the game or big Pharma gets involved more you wont see the studies until then that are the big big studies in my opinion, ya there has been a few from a university or a DR or two, but the huge long term financed studies will be deeper and more involved, 10yr 15yr & 20yr studies will give much more information upon the evaluation of ecigs and more and more will be known about all of this then in my opinion because by then there will be more to evaluate as far as peoples long term heath from E-cigs.

mxpowers

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
xdzvgfzxdfvzxdxdvzxdvxdv
Once the bigger money jumps into the game or big Pharma gets involved more you wont see the studies until then that are the big big studies in my opinion, ya there has been a few from a university or a DR or two, but the huge long term financed studies will be deeper and more involved, 10yr 15yr & 20yr studies will give much more information upon the evaluation of ecigs and more and more will be known about all of this then in my opinion because by then there will be more to evaluate as far as peoples long term heath from E-cigs.

You know your right again. I was just really hoping to find something negative. (except you getting ejuice all over your hand) The question "if e-cigs cause death?" Might be premature in fact I might have to revisit thing question in 20 years. :) I really hope the answer is still NO. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Thank you for your help. I've working on something and I'll post it when I'm done. If anyone still want to comment on the question please do. I could use your help.

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
well...just in my short experience with vaping, i'd say its highly unlikely to find any death reports soon. I can give you one perfect example of better health with these things and it's a sure thing, b/c I havent been able to do this in 20 years. Today I went swimming with my family at the neighborhood pool. I was able to swim across a fifty foot pool without coming up for air. And I wasnt winded! I havent been able to do that in the 20 years I was smoking. That was amazing! lol I was utterly shocked! Throw that in with the 20 point drop in my blood pressure after 3 months of vaping, and it's pretty clear that vaping is a whole heck of a lot better than smoking. And in case you ask, I dont do a lick of exercise lol dont hold your breath for the attributed death to e-cigs. As others have said, there might be complications from the flavorings, but even that might be no worse than occasional sensitivities rather than a general public health risk. i'd put my money on the e-cigs being pretty darn okay for you. The history of the e-cigarette is a rather good indicator of the intent of its use and I for one dont think that it was a marketing scam. May your vaping be long lasting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread