e-juice steals won't ship to CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Haven't checked them out for awhile so looked today and saw a notice that they won't ship to California.
Only LA and San Fran have banned vaping (that I know of) Why did they do this? They state it's because of "ongoing Youth Prevention efforts"... I have not head about this. The only issue here in CA is sometimes they require you to show an ID when getting your order. I have ordered several times before...

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Haven't checked them out for awhile so looked today and saw a notice that they won't ship to California.
Only LA and San Fran have banned vaping (that I know of) Why did they do this? They state it's because of "ongoing Youth Prevention efforts"... I have not head about this. The only issue here in CA is sometimes they require you to show an ID when getting your order. I have ordered several times before...

I've never dealt with the company and can't speak for them. But in situations I've seen with other vendors, the problem is that their software can't be configured to block sales to just a city or county or area. There are major fines in place if they'd send a package to a place with restrictions. So to guarantee they won't be hauled into court and have to shell out a chunk of money, they do the only thing their software will allow - blocking sales to the entire state.

If the company is of decent size, it's not going to be possible to have an individual going through every order and crosschecking to make sure it can be sent.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I've never dealt with the company and can't speak for them. But in situations I've seen with other vendors, the problem is that their software can't be configured to block sales to just a city or county or area. There are major fines in place if they'd send a package to a place with restrictions. So to guarantee they won't be hauled into court and have to shell out a chunk of money, they do the only thing their software will allow - blocking sales to the entire state.
That does make sense (they seem to be a small company and would not be able to deal with a lawsuit)
Don't really care so much about that company (their stock is getting low anyway) but am concerned if this a new trend in general. Damned kids have ruined it for us legit adults.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I'm in San Francisco. I DIY juice so don't really run into the shipping problem. But I did order some fruit premade juices from Nictotine river located in CA and they shipped it so they don't care about the SF ban. I also ordered some naked 100 ejuice several times for a friend from VapeSocietySupply in Nevada. They also shipped so apparently don't care either.

The vape store in SF I used to get juice from before I started making my own, sells them under the counter to people they know as otherwise they can only sell unflavored stuff basically.

Nicotine River does ship adult signature only to here though

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
have enough nic for awhile. but need to get some more before it costs $300 for what now cost $30... we are all getting very worried.

More like $2780, per Rossum's calculations. :lol:
H.R.4742 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to impose a tax on nicotine used in vaping, etc.
2.78 cents per milligram of nicotine used in vaping.
Approved by the Ways & Means Committee earlier this week, so on its way to the floor of the House.

Similar bill in the Senate:
S.2463 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): E-Cigarette Tax Parity Act
This one looks to have 21 co-sponsors, 20 Democrats and one "Independent".

If these bills become law, there will be a tax of at least $2780 on a liter of 100mg DIY base that currently sells tor as little as $45.

• Agree
Reactions: Opinionated

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I got curious and placed a couple of mock orders from my usual eliquid vendors--no problems. So it must be vendor specific.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
As of yesterday, signature upon delivery is required for every order placed. Doesn't matter what it is...eliquid, hardware, etc. It increases the S/H cost by approx. $8.00 per order. I was told it's a requirement so that they can continue doing business.
Very inconvenient but mostly it's the extra charge that sucks (like for small orders) I had to pay the extra $5 for a small order.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
As of yesterday, signature upon delivery is required for every order placed. Doesn't matter what it is...eliquid, hardware, etc. It increases the S/H cost by approx. $8.00 per order. I was told it's a requirement so that they can continue doing business.

:shock:

Every order from e-juice steals only, correct?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Every order from e-juice steals only, correct?

Their General Manager didn't say. Just said the new CA requirement had just become effective yesterday. In fact, the new "blurb" about adult signature required for every order...appeared on the top of their pages while I was talking with him on the phone.

• Agree

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Geez. I checked. I had no idea this was happening.

Yep! Right there in black and white. I C&P it below, so people could see it without having to check and find it. Underline and bold was added by me.

Delivery sales, distribution, or nonsale distribution (e.g., mail, phone, online) of electronic cigarettes through the U.S. Postal Service or any other public or private postal service prohibited unless the age of the product purchaser is verified as 21 years or older at both time of purchase and delivery. Additionally, the container must be conspicuously labeled with “CONTAINS TOBACCO PRODUCTS: SIGNATURE OF PERSON 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY.”

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread