e-Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Was watching the FOX link and saw this

YouTube - Electronic Cigarette - My Response to the FDA!

Company site.

Welcome to eLight e-cigarettes

From the Whyelight tab.
eLight's manufacturing employs highly advanced equipment to build and test each and every component of the e-cigarette in-house. None of the working parts are sourced from outside manufacturers.
By manufacturing the microchip in-house it enables eLight to design a specific program
for the e-cigarette operations, including safety mechanisms not found in other brands.
Our atomizers use a special patented heating coil that is far superior to many other brands and with high quality control standard produce the most stable and long lasting atomizer in the industry.
Retailer site.

Innovative Smoking

FAQs section
Q: I see a lot of e-cigarette brands online, why does Innovative Smoking sell eLight products?
Quality Quality Quality! eLight utilized the internet and market research to identify the flaws and consumer complaints with existing e-cigarettes. They took this data as well as the concerns addressed by the FDA, and developed a product line far superior in many ways to what was currently available. eLight tests each e-cigarette component and hand assembles them in the USA to insure that every product works as designed when you buy it. Superior design and strict quality control makes eLight is a premium brand; the Mercedes of e-cigarettes if you will.
Without seeing the atomizers, I've got no clue what models these are, but a lot of things sound similar to SE things I've heard. Did they maybe rebrand or start a new offshoot company?

They've got 3 mall locations already open with 5 more coming according to the retailer site. Seem well aware of the FDAs stance, yet no mention of making application.

Seems weird to me that they seem to have sprung up well connected overnight from out of the blue and imply a serious financial investment in an unstable (at least at present) industry. It just smacks of "they're nuts" or somebody's rebranded trying to escape prior taint.

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah the price tag is god awful :p but then again, a lot of people would be willing to pay for good quality control.

This company's making a step in the right direction and setting an important precedent. I think ANY company that manufactures e-liquid should maintain this level quality control, especially in our current political climate.

BTW, has anyone actually tried calling this guy? I'm tempted :D

these guys set up a Kiosk at my mall last week. there kits range from 69$ to 150$... yes another high priced Kiosk, I walked up the kiosk as a curious person would and asked " I saw the study from the FDA online and numerous other ecig suppliers, my understanding is that this product has not been approved, regulated or tested correctly or long enough to deem it legal to sell.. how are you guys able to sell it in a mall"?
Let me right to the point with their comment.." these are a smoking alternative".. he then went right back into his selling mode. their kiosk even has a big banner that says A Smoking Alternative.

And to be honest those pictures and videos of the test control is BS.. they are all China images and video that is floating around or you can get form the distributor.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Blog shows owner as a women named Deborah out of AZ and warehouse in AZ and yet she decided to open all her retail locations in IL????

Supposedly established everything around FDA and PV users concerns, yet no mention of FDA application. You can't purchase extra attys by themselves, only with trade in.

Some areas say manufactured here and some only say assembled and tested here. Who knows, maybe she's independently wealthy and took a sudden interest in PVs, but I don't think so. Something just seems off to me.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Yeah the price tag is god awful :p but then again, a lot of people would be willing to pay for good quality control.

This company's making a step in the right direction and setting an important precedent. I think ANY company that manufactures e-liquid should maintain this level quality control, especially in our current political climate.

BTW, has anyone actually tried calling this guy? I'm tempted :D

With all due respect, have you actually looked closely at the 'lab reports'?
They wouldn't get past an infants' class! Dated from March 2009, virtually no information and NO SIGNATURE - just blank forms. If you PM me with your email address I will show you what a lab report should look like.
John.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
With all due respect, have you actually looked closely at the 'lab reports'?
They wouldn't get past an infants' class! Dated from March 2009, virtually no information and NO SIGNATURE - just blank forms. If you PM me with your email address I will show you what a lab report should look like.
John.

Honestly, i haven't looked at the lab reports, but i'll take your word for it.

I was trying to be hopeful :(

This could make things even worse then, if they're claiming quality control that doesn't exist

i just called them and asked if their ecigs and carts and liquid is made 100% in the USA.. they responded that " they are assembled in usa.. "
" the cartridge and liquid are made in Europe" and the parts of the ecig are made in multiple countries.."

They also told me that 1 cartridge is the same as 1 pack of cigarettes !!! LOLOLOLOLOL and for only 149$ i can get 1 ecig and 40 carts !! ROFL ans that was a deal cause normal price he said was 189$ LOLOLOL

The Kiosk at my mall in the west burbs of chicago has two guys one of which he claims he commutes 4 hours each way to work there..

LET ME ALSO MAKE THIS CLEAR!!.. the location of their kiosk in this mall. is at one of the main entrances and next to the food court, American Eagle, the candy and ice cream stores, and of all location near the Water fountain thing where family bring there kids from 2yrs old to 11 to see the water show and throw pennies.. !!! they have two wharehouses one in AZ and one here in IL.

Last edited:

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
I've seen suppliers come and suppliers go, but I've never seen one pop up with warehouses, B&M locations, distribution chain, slick sites, lab results, press releases, seemingly all the answers, testimonials, patents, etc. everything from day 1 from nowhere. Maybe a handful of them, but not all from the start. I'm still thinking someone existing like SE and just attempting to reinvent themselves.

Who in their right mind would look at PVs at this stage of the game and say, hey let's dump a ton of money into setting this up (and if you believe all their claims) attempt to do it right, oh except for that little needing to apply with the FDA thing. All their research into the FDAs findings missed the part about the FDA branding it an unapproved drug/delivery device requiring proper applications/testing?

Vaporizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
How about the fact that he has the SmokeStik Fox News story running in the background? Here is the Link for comparison. I know for a fact that he has no affiliation with SmokeStik. Kinda weird that he would use their footage for his response.

www (.) youtube (.) com/watch?v=nBKEaK6tUJ4.

Can someone please fix the link for me?

Thanks
V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread