E-smokers will NOT be hired at 2 FL hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Although, if an ambulance-chasing firm was looking for "free" exposure in lieu of outright advertising then some interest might be kindled.

It would get the ambulance-chasing firm on the Evening News
and I'm not referring to the "Local" news but the "National" Evening News
and possibly a shot at being on Oprah!

Wow...Oprah,
What a great opportunity to get the truth out there
Much better exposure than Katherine Heigl & David Letterman on the Late Show

Last edited:

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
There might be some good news folks. I got back into contact with Kenneth Mattison. He was interested in reading Dr. Siegel's recent article, and I forward it over to him. He seems like a stand-up guy who is most concerned about combating dangerous activity, and he may now realize that lit, smoked substances should be the focus of the regulations.

I really think that we may be on our way to the hospital amending its guidelines to allow its workers to use NRTs, possibly with the requirement that it come with a doctor's permission.

Mr. Mattison,

First off, I hope you had a great Christmas, and good wishes in the new year.

I am under the impression that your new policy regarding nicotine use is set to go into effect on Saturday. Have you had the chance to review your policy with your fellow administrators? I again strongly urge you to permit your employees the use of nicotine replacement therapies, including electronic cigarettes.

Dr. Michael Siegel of the Department of Community Health Sciences of the Boston University School of Public Health recently wrote an article about your policy that includes many of the points that Tyler Lisk and myself have brought forth in previous e-mails. Earlier in the month the Journal of Public Health Policy published an article by Dr. Siegel in which he reviewed approximately 15 tests that have been done on the contents of an e-cigarette, and I would be glad to forward that study to you.

Thank you,

He wrote a pleasant reply, saying the policy is being reviewed with the concerns and studies given by myself and Crumpet in mind. He also asked for the study.

I replied

Mr. Mattison,

I've attached the article. Dr. Siegel does a tremendous job outlining the findings of the tests that been done on e-cigarettes, as well as explaining why many of the negatives associated with the e-cigarette by the FDA and other organizations do not comport with the facts about the product.

I'm very happy to see that our dialogue has been positive. I am now nearing the six-month point without having a single tobacco cigarette, and over four months since I had any urge whatsoever to smoke. I can feel that my body is ecstatic I made the switch as well. Even though I've always worked out and done large amounts of high-intensity cardio, I used to get winded walking up the stairs at school. That has changed for the better.

When I visited my primary care doctor in November she was initially concerned about the safety of the product, mostly because she had never heard of it and was instantly skeptical about anything that was called a 'cigarette'. Once I explained the way that the device works, her opinion changed and she congratulated me on getting off cigarettes. She agreed with me that approximately 98% of tobacco-related deaths are due to smoke inhalation, and that nicotine, while an addicting substance, was no worse for the body than caffeine.

Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread