Status
Not open for further replies.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I've gotten no crap for e-smoking at my desk. If anything, I've gotten complements on not wreaking of smoke anymore. And we do have a few sensitive types that will raise hell if you eat spicy food at your desk. If anybody was bothered, I'd have 15 emails on the subject quicker than you can refill a cart. I've actually gotten more comments on the people hanging out at my desk because I've become somewhat of the resident e-smoking resource. I point them to these forums (hi guys). The general consensus seems to be (cool, those guys quit smoking). However, I work in one of the oldest and largest tech/telecom conglomerates, and the "smoker's culture" is enormous here. Every other person smokes cigarettes. I know of 5 so far that are done with that now thanks to e-cigs, and another handful on the way. Saw something driving in to work today. Looked over at a stoplight and another guy had an e-cig dangling from his teeth like I did. We waved at each other.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Cute story! ha!

Do ecigs feel heavy when dangling from your teeth?

I think it has to do with the mouthpiece. The one I use is good for teeth clenching and more pipe style. So it's no different than having a lighter pipe in your mouth, or an oldschool cigarette filter. I sent a co-worker into fits of laughter by biting it and holding it at an angle out the side of my mouth with my shades on and saying "THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!" like some techno version of hunter s. thompson.

free09bg

May 29, 2009
USA South
Ha! You're a real jokester.

But hey, if we cannot have fun with our PVs, is life really worth living? :D

And glad to hear your ecig is more lightweight than not while clenched in teeth, which, btw, next time stick a long-stemmed-rose into the old-school-style filter before clenching and see how your buddy likes that. Ha.

He may not be impressed but the ladies might get a laugh. ;)

My first day at work after finally getting more 'kit'.. wife took or first j188 for herself.

vaping at my desk.. no problem.. although my office is rather private and tucked in the back... walked into a couple of smokers offices and vaped... just to see the look on their faces... Answered the inevitable questions, maybe make some converts.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
My first day at work after finally getting more 'kit'.. wife took or first j188 for herself.

vaping at my desk.. no problem.. although my office is rather private and tucked in the back... walked into a couple of smokers offices and vaped... just to see the look on their faces... Answered the inevitable questions, maybe make some converts.
Walking in to other's offices a vaping openly must have been fun to see the reactions.

Walking in to other's offices a vaping openly must have been fun to see the reactions.
I'm a bit of a wildcard around here, company 'imported' me from California 11 years ago... That and I've never had a problem speaking my mind, nobody freaked out much.

What's going to be fun is this week (or next) I'll be having the typical 'semi annual employee review' rubbish..where they kiss my backside and what not.

I'm going to vape at least once, the project manager here is nice and she'll probably just think it's hilarious... Hrm, maybe I should try to video tape it, I've got a lipstick camera...

Static-Inferno

May 29, 2009
MMM! I've got more and more smokers where I work asking questions.
I walked into the HR directors office and puffed on it a few times. she gave me the look of "WHAT THE HELL?!"
Till' I handed her the card.
Then we went outside and she and her assistant tried it. Loved it.

The other day I walked in there and she had a printout of the digital smoke shops website.
Apparently she fancies herself some E-cig goodness.

So does her assistant.
We shall see!

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
My boss is all for it. He said "cool, you can smoke at your desk". He praises me for switching from analogs, and says my productivity has increased because "you don't run out 5-6 times a day to grab a smoke anymore".

I've converted one other guy at work, answered questions for several others, and generally get a positive response from workmates.

Cheers-

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread