E-Smoking Slang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
Thought it would be fun to collect some of the e-cig slang out there floating around. I see lots of good stuff on the forums. Can't recall all of them now.

My faves so far:
  • analog cigs
  • digi-cig

Here's one I thought up a while back: "nicquid" or "niquid" for the nicotine liquid. I never liked the term e-juice/e-liquid for some reason.

What else we got out there?

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Why exactly do people call them analogue smokes? I mean e-smokes aren't digital, so there isn't even a loose association....

On another note, why do manufacturers call the heating coils 'atomizers'? Surely they're vapourisers or nebulisers at best.

it was a ruyan trying to make them sound more "high Tech" than they really were/are..

the one that cracks me up is the paperclip in the little hole thing.. this according to ruyan.. "resets the device to factory specifications"..

trog

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
Why exactly do people call them analogue smokes? I mean e-smokes aren't digital, so there isn't even a loose association....

I think that's part of the fun. But there is a loose association of course -- electronic/digital vs non-electric/"analog". I am sure it doesn't fit the exact definition of analog, but kind of the whole idea behind slang is to have some fun with it.

Something that is "the sh*t" isn't actually sh*t of course ;)

Keep 'em coming!

That's part of why I use the term "acoustic" cigarettes. Electric instruments have electrical current going through them, acoustic don't.

Meanwhile, for the "analog/digital" thing, analog means voltages that are generated by discrete components, while digital means binary data is sent out from a processor of some kind. Since e-cigs do have that "auto-cleaning" counter in them, they could be considered digital, but just barely (the digital counter function could probably be handled by 2 bytes of memory and a processor that zeros the memory whenever that count is hit...less than 10 lines of code.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread