E-Turbo ..my new invention....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Just wanted to give this one a bump! This is the one thread that I really look forward to reading, and it has been a while since we have had an update.:( So, just wandering how things are moving along-really interested!!!:)

Hi mipo.....will update soon as all collective data comes home...it is just too much info at the moment(and very busy too)..both good and bad as well...then after that I will let you all decide whether this should go on or not....;)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
At last managed to find and read up on this thread (and to get back to this forum at all even) Jim... good thread, indeed lots of new idea's that came and come to you from here too I am seeing. Good luck on getting this great device out soon (and I'll be saving too of course ;) ) - and I know you won't be reading this now, as you are celebrating Chinese NewYear now... but for when you do get back here: I hope you are having a great time right now :D

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Good to hear that your dad is making good progress. My mum was passing out almost every other day but she has now just had a pacemaker fitted - fingers crossed!

Should you need any guinea pigs in the UK for your project I'd be happy to help.

Good luck with everything!
:)

Thank TB...My dad is much stable now and can't wait to get home to Sitiawan to his beloved plantations....he's a workaholic:mad:...and stubborn too:mad:....anyway, I am glad he is back on his feet...but still need a lot of care(you can hear my mom grumbling away at the background..hehehehe:))..God, I haven't smile in days....now I felt very relieved....
Thanks for the offer to edit the user manual, I'll email you a copy as soon as I have complete the data collection....

Okay, A bit of update....
So far , all is well and only one developed problem, a user forgets to switch off the device and the atomiser got fried properly...but still functional albeit with a very "caramelly" smell and taste(I am repairing that one now)..good , at least we know what it can do...frying atomisers..sheesh;)....the user was very shy to tell me at first..hahaha....but he told me at last......:p

More than 20 units is out there and all trying their best to "destroy" it....I sold some units to my Njoy users today as they are willing to pay for it...so I have finally get some non-beta tester to use it....random selection there and no selective cases....I have a special offer for my Malaysian users(those who can reach me here and irrespective of brands of e-cigs they use)..If they trade in a Battery(for head connection)they will get a rebate of RM100 off from the retailed price...so it will be fair for them to sacrifice a battery(even damaged/under performing battery is accepted) in return they get a much better performing power supply.....

I will also start getting my own atomisers to work with this new combo....One penstyle type and One mini type..will post pics once they arrived(hopefully by next week)..so a total package with 5ml of e-liquid thrown in as a whole deal......penstyle will have a total stainless steel look..so no paint flaking off as a results of wear and tear of daily usage...any thoughts on this??:)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The above is an old message. I emailed with Dr. Loi many months ago while writing my e-smoking article for SmokeShop magazine, so I found his address and asked him to update on the forum. This is the full response:

Hi TB...been having problems accessing the ECF..always ends up with server busy notice....can't and not able to post at all...what's happening?....sorry couldn't send you your unit yet,..E-turbo developed a lot of new problems..namely sudden excess nicotine..few had problems with the increased efficiency of the atomisers...still trying to sort out the mess I have created....please post in for me at least tell the members that I will update as soon as I can...my Dad is still not stable at the moment and the clinic is really busy for the past 1 months....we got a new outbreak of Chinkungunya disease at my region...so I am really tied up with all the work.....

phew...not easy juggling all this at the same time.....thanks for the headsup...at least I still get your email......Cheers big bro..bye...

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I'm a bit dissapointed to hear that. I wonder if he tried simply advising his patients to use a lower strength? I can't think why that shouldn't work. I'ts also a bit surprising that he would be mixing his product research with his other, more important, ongoing research. He just trashed the scientific validity of everything he's done to date. Even I know that much, you don't change your methodology in the middle of a study.

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I think this was meant to be more like beta testing than scientific research. He made this new thing trying to improve esmoking for all of us. Some of his patients were esmoking and eager to test drive, and easily accessible, so they became the beta testers. I think his situation might be a little different than here where we only ever see our doctors in a professional setting, never on a social level. I could also be wrong in all this, but I am reserving judgement of the validity of his work. I am however very happy to hear doctor Loi is still alive and kicking. Sorry his dad isn't doing so well though - still in my thoughts, both of you.

Rubberjohnny

Jan 25, 2009
Look at page 20 of the E-Turbo thread and the last set of pictures.That is the case you can buy at Asda for £3.
I have mounted the standard connector for a 901 rather than the universal shown and use a "push to on" switch rather than the rocker switch.I use re-chareable AAA Ni-Mh batteries from Maplin and a set is lasting 3/4 days between charge.Normal disposable batteries last 1/2 days.
I don't think I can post pics yet as I do not have enough posts.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Look at page 20 of the E-Turbo thread and the last set of pictures.That is the case you can buy at Asda for £3.
I have mounted the standard connector for a 901 rather than the universal shown and use a "push to on" switch rather than the rocker switch.I use re-chareable AAA Ni-Mh batteries from Maplin and a set is lasting 3/4 days between charge.Normal disposable batteries last 1/2 days.
I don't think I can post pics yet as I do not have enough posts.

a bit of sad thread this if the truth be told.. time it was put to bed i think...

trog

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
nothing which is why its a sad thread and the moderators need to close the old thread and put it to bed..

trog

8-o

Does this thread in some way offend you Trog?

I, for one, am still interested and would like to hear from the good doctor himself. If he has given up on it, then so be it. If it is all just about you not wanting to see the thread, then simply don't look.:pervy:

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Don't worry Nicowolf and Trog... this really hasn't vanished. It does need more work though, as TB was saying a few posts ago - and the doc is very hard pressed for finding time with all other calls that life is making on him currently. It is being worked on whenever possible though, and there was some progress as per our last contact a few weeks ago (not sure how much though compared to what he wrote to Bob a small time earlier).

I'm pretty confident myself that he will be updating this thread at some point, whenever that may be (I don't think any kind of timetable would be safe to predict) - I think we will just need trust and patience until such point in time. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread