E2 Revision 4 Cartomizer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macromny

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
Got the shorties from COV today. 3 ohm on my bartleby and the throat hit is less than the R3 XL's w/PTB. I have never had a burning problem (except when running dry). I think I'll order more of the R3 XL's if I can find them. Definitely a better hit all around. I will eventually do a PTB mod on a shorty just to see what happens. But I think the main issue is 3ohms. I guess I like what everybody else thinks is too hot.

sosolidgold

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
San Jose, California
im having wicking problems in two out of five of my carts. i have the 808s 3.ohms on a six volt mod. ill get good vape for three puffs and then gone. taste burnt and harsh no more flavor. this is after i just refilled! i took it apart filled it up and put it back together. im really ....... i was wondering if it was the juice but again im still just having trouble with all of them getting too hot and wicking slowly. ill fill three and switch off to chain vape. some work better than others. i just don'[t get it.

maybe i should just drip into it from now on

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
im having wicking problems in two out of five of my carts. i have the 808s 3.ohms on a six volt mod. ill get good vape for three puffs and then gone. taste burnt and harsh no more flavor. this is after i just refilled! i took it apart filled it up and put it back together. im really ....... i was wondering if it was the juice but again im still just having trouble with all of them getting too hot and wicking slowly. ill fill three and switch off to chain vape. some work better than others. i just don'[t get it.

maybe i should just drip into it from now on

Try dialing it back (if you can) to around 4v and take slow light drags. br has been advocating the light drags for some time and with these it does seem to help the wicking problem. Downside is they get hot, and so does the vape after a couple of drags. I like to have 3 pv's going at a time, but have different ( but complimenting) juice in each.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I found a carto in my new pack from VJ that has primer in it. It didn't look like it did, but it sure tasted like it. Figured I'd vape on it till it went away, but never did. After half the day I grabbed another one and tossed it in the dirty pile. I hate to say it, but although these are far better than anything else when they work, they still leave a lot to be desired. I haven't been able to make any of them work with the fill plug in. I have to pull it and use the middle ring. The BR plug mod just makes it taste funny to me.

Macromny

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Jacksonville Florida
I received an new order of the short E2 R4 2.5 ohm today from Madvapes. These are great right out of the box so far. All I did was remove the inner plug, fill and return the plug upside down. After a few minutes they work as well as the R3 XL's with PTB. This is what I've been waiting for. The 3 ohm shorties just don't work. Not on my EVO or bartleby. The 2.5 ohm (or so) work great on both. Maybe a little more flavor on the EVO.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Thread Revival - Since the other major thread has evolved into an E2 mod thread.

Taking advice from the forum, after having used ptb modded 510 E2 r3's for a few weeks, I ordered 3 Ω 510 xl's for use with my eGo. The r3 shorts that I have been using actually measure 2.7 to 2.8 Ω. The supposed 3Ω r4 xl's meter in reality to 3.3 to 3.4Ω.

Bottom line - I just ordered some supposed 2.5Ω r4 xl's. The xl's at advertised 3Ω don't cut it in conjunction with my eGo and the juices I'm using. The vape is too cool and doesn't heat some of my juice sufficiently to produce optimum flavor. I've used them for a couple of weeks and have found myself preferring the lower resistance r3 shorts in comparison.

Just posting my impressions for others using eGo or 510 batts. As always, ymmv.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Yeah, but it does seem that the most important tip and advice for the E2 could very well be the syringe or bottle mod. I do agree that 3 ohms and up are too cold for the E2.

Once you're ready and get around to it, you'll see that it's easy and that it does make a huge difference. It's the same thing that people went through for the ptb-strips mod, it seemed like too much work for nothing, until we actually tried it :)

Last edited:

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I just snatched my 2.5Ω 510 xl's out of the mailbox about an hour ago. I pulled one out, dry burned it for two 10 second bursts and filled it through the filler ring without the ptb mod. What a difference! My TV waffles juice now tastes like it should. Since I only started using it a few minutes ago I'll have to see how it continues to wick as the tank drains and I'm a heavy hitter fwiw. But so far I'm pleased. I haven't metered it yet to see what the resistance really is but it's definitely performing better than the 510 xl's labeled as 3Ω with my ego.

So while ymmv beware of the 3Ω versions if you're using a 510, eGo or similar. My 3Ω versions will now reside in the stash box until such time as I get a higher voltage device or get desperate.

v1John - I don't doubt at all that the syringe and bottle mods work well but they don't fit my pv lifestyle. I need something I can prep, stick a few spares in my pocket and go. I might do one the mods for when I'm home at my desk but it will never be my go-to device.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
Yeah I've noticed that my 3 Ohm ones will gunk up far faster than the lower ohm ones. Lately I've been using up my R3 shorties because one the package of 3 ohms I got from vapor junction all but 1 have died already either mid vape or dry burn and two they gunk up in a matter of a day or two max.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
well you have a good point too irwink, the syringe/bottle mod really is only for at home, extra modifications would have to be made to make sure the syringe or bottle doesn't slip out, and also I use mine with the bare cup, no rings, so extra care has to be taken not to allow it to leak upside down. It's a real good mod for many guarded pc desks though.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Irwink et al. Where do you get the clean 2.5Ω 510 E2 cartos? I got a box of XLs that had very short wicks and a box of 3.0Ω regulars that had stinky wicks. I had to do the whole boil, soak in vodka, dry, dry burn thing to even make them usable. I would love to get a box of clean ones. Thanks.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Irwink et al. Where do you get the clean 2.5Ω 510 E2 cartos? I got a box of XLs that had very short wicks and a box of 3.0Ω regulars that had stinky wicks. I had to do the whole boil, soak in vodka, dry, dry burn thing to even make them usable. I would love to get a box of clean ones. Thanks.

I"ve gotten all my E2's from Clouds of Vapor. I haven't checked the wick length on the 2.5's I just got but the length of the 3Ω xl's I got a couple of weeks ago was still a bit shy of approaching the bottom of the tank.

Neither the 2.5 xl's or 3.0's had any "funk" on the wicks. I just a did a couple of dry burns and started using them.

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
Thank you so much. I also bought my E2s from CoV; my 3.0 XLs were clean, but wicks were short, however, the regular 3.0Ω ones were really bad. I'll try the lower resistance XLs.

Do you do your dry burn without removing the filler ring? I was afraid it might get damaged.
i always remove the filler ring...

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Thank you so much. I also bought my E2s from CoV; my 3.0 XLs were clean, but wicks were short, however, the regular 3.0Ω ones were really bad. I'll try the lower resistance XLs.

Do you do your dry burn without removing the filler ring? I was afraid it might get damaged.
No I do not remove the filler ring prior to dry burning. My dry burns on new ones consist of 2 ten second bursts. In the first 10 seconds some smoke indicates something burning off the coil. With the second burn there is nothing. I do give them the sniff test fwiw before filling.

I do remove the filler rings after the first one or two fills for cleaning. The rings are much easier to remove once lubricated with the juice I've used.

deviations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
so i ordered 3 boxes of these, r4, and the first one i filled up tastes like .... burnt plastic all the way. i filled up another one and it was good for a few hits, then it also started tasting like .... i filled up ANOTHER one and it also started tasting like burnt plastic after a few hits. i used three different juices, all at least 50% VG. i'm sure its just the primer in the cart.

what is the best way to pre-clean these? something that doesnt waste precious vodka would be best =) btw i use a 510 Chuck @ 5V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread