Status
Not open for further replies.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Does anyone have a tutorial, wiring diagram, parts list of anything like that. I'm really wanting to make something high power. The hana just wasn't enough for me I had to sell it. Do you think I could make something better with the raptor chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrfHZQe.jpg

I pulled this wiring diagram off of reddit --> http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...watt_20_amp_box_mod_inspired_by_mamus_raptor/

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California
i have question, can anyone buy it and send it to me? its impossible to get this chip in eu, buying from US company its very expensive shipping tax ect, i can pay via paypal if someone can help.

I'm thinking of making dna30 or possibly a raptor. Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California

can this be used in a okt10 instead of the smaller one. Im new to this. What are the ranges of volts with this mod and this variable resistor. How do you know what volt setting you are at. Can I add a small digital volt screen too. How low oh ohms can this mod fire? or doesnt that matter as long as its under 10 amps. Please forgive me for all the questions, I really wanna get involved in this mod making it looks fun. I want to know everything right now lol

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
can this be used in the raptor as well? Thanks

You cant use that 100k potentiometer because only a very small fraction of what that adjusts will affect your voltage. You need a potentiometer that is 200ohms. Or if you dont use the 220ohm resistor you can use a 500ohm pot and get higher voltage out of the regulator. The 220ohm resistor sets your high end voltage at around a 6volt max and the 200ohm pot will allow adjustment from 6v down.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
I'm in the process of building a duke clone. Looks like from goss's video he has bent the reg pins outwards to some degree which seems smart since getting everything soldered on was almost impossible so I did the same. I guess the alternative to a board to solder to.

Quite a trick to get all the parts in this box. Question. I assume the pot. pins get bent down some when the chip is squeezed in. Should I put some tape behind the pins of the pot. so they don't short on the box?

I'm no electronics expert by far...... but I assume the two cap neg wires can touch on the center neg wire from the reg. correct? I know it's a stupid question, just looking for assurance so amuse me.

Before I jam everything in, I can test by hooking everything up and expect to get a voltage at the pin of 6volts correct?

I'm using monkey glue epoxy in the dual syringe applicator for the pin and tray.

Thanks in advance for the answers. I'll post a pic when all is running

Joshleeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Mailbox waiting
Ok so I'm gonna give this a shot. I am good in the soldering, modifying, crafting dept but as far as exact parts and wire configs, I needs me a guide. So if I wanted to make this threads mod but wanted to use the t10 would the only changes be the chip itself and a 220ohm resistor instead of this guides 200ohm? Anyone have a link to the 220ohm resistor thats used? Any other changes to this guide for a t10, or can I follow it to a T? Thanks

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Quite a trick to get all the parts in this box. Question. I assume the pot. pins get bent down some when the chip is squeezed in. Should I put some tape behind the pins of the pot. so they don't short on the box?

I've been asking myself this same question. I would use the tape as a safety precaution because... well, you never know.

Any other changes to this guide for a t10, or can I follow it to a T?

I would recommend using Okami's OKR-T instead of T10. I have the guide for the OKR. Let me know if you decide to go that route and I can send it to you.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I'm in the process of building a duke clone. Looks like from goss's video he has bent the reg pins outwards to some degree which seems smart since getting everything soldered on was almost impossible so I did the same. I guess the alternative to a board to solder to.

Quite a trick to get all the parts in this box. Question. I assume the pot. pins get bent down some when the chip is squeezed in. Should I put some tape behind the pins of the pot. so they don't short on the box? Do not let the pot touch the metal case it will short there is a voltage on the resistor leg..

I'm no electronics expert by far...... but I assume the two cap neg wires can touch on the center neg wire from the reg. correct? I know it's a stupid question, just looking for assurance so amuse me. Yes that is correct.

Before I jam everything in, I can test by hooking everything up and expect to get a voltage at the pin of 6volts correct?Assuming the pot is fully turned yes it will be ~6v or ~3.?v..

I'm using monkey glue epoxy in the dual syringe applicator for the pin and tray.

Thanks in advance for the answers. I'll post a pic when all is running

woot :vapor:

Last edited:

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Ok so I'm gonna give this a shot. I am good in the soldering, modifying, crafting dept but as far as exact parts and wire configs, I needs me a guide. So if I wanted to make this threads mod but wanted to use the t10 would the only changes be the chip itself and a 220ohm resistor instead of this guides 200ohm? Anyone have a link to the 220ohm resistor thats used? Any other changes to this guide for a t10, or can I follow it to a T? Thanks

You can follow page 1 diagram by Bsted to T yes.

If you want a more fancier unit in the future with auto shut off when batts are low and reverse protection. Seek Mamu's website register and follow her diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread