Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just got off the UK thead and there are people that say you dont have to use n-resistance wire. Has anyone tried this?

you may get away with it but those leads are loooooong and will probable end up with a 4 ohm coil if not payin attention lol

(i ordered mine today YAY me!!)

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Well, rather than be courageous & tackle remaking my own coils & wick I just bought a pack of the LR ones from the site I originally linked on this thread. I'm a fan of LR anyway & there's no question in my mind that this is the way to go. I it kicks a LOT harder even, obviously, after dropping the voltage accordingly. I put one in today & it clocked in between 1.6 & 1.7 ohms & the draws are very very nice @ 3.6v. This order seemed to ship faster than the last one & took about a week.

I tried looking at vape revolution. First time I checked them out & I couldn't see an online store, seemed to just be a storefront in Cali, but they just opened on 12/5 so maybe it's after hours or they're working some kinks out still but I saw they posted pics of eBarron Dripper Pro on their facebook wall. No clue what they're charging though.

I saw this for sale on some other website too, but it was more expensive than the site I linked so unless I already have, I wont bother mentioning where I found it.

I definitely will brave making my own coils sometime for sure, but for now too busy & decided to take the lazy route but I am even more satisfied than I was previously. Its too bad it comes with the more standard resistance coils & two of them at that without the option of choosing whether you want LR or not. But anyway, that's my update.
:)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Where did you ordered it from??

That site looks out of stock to me.

Is there any US website selling it?

I spoke too soon :( i looked on my phone and was in stock, but couldnt order for some reason. (stoopid me forgot to refresh the page lol), when i got home to actually finish the order 1/2 hour later it said OOS ---- QQ

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Well they're more taxed than the original site I posted (which I believe is the primary site for the atty so no wonder its got the best price).

I would really like to learn how to recoil my own. I read elsewhere you can pull out an old wick & coil, rinse it out with water, wait for it to dry and re-use it so long as the coil isn't completely shot.

The stock ones come with a combo of nichrome & nickel plated or something but I've also heard about folks using kanthal. I also read you can order premade coils with the combo of 0-resistance & the nickel resistance wire already pre set like these:
Ready Wires for Ody or Penelope

When I have a spare second or two I'm going to give it a try with kanthal since thats all I have right now.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I just ordered more replacement low res coils. I will be buying no res nichrome or silver wires and wick to put together my own someday. Also, I find that Pluid tends to gunk up my wick/coils pretty badly. May opt for an alcohol soak before reusing my old used ones to de-gunk them & keep pluid just for genies.

Last edited:

Oolong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Orange County, CA
www.janhalili.com
It's a great little dripper. If you want easy, you just screw it on, drip into it, and go. Vapes like a champ. If you want to go nuts with the coil setup, you can do that, too. I'm really liking mine a lot.

Been using all day :) Great flavor and plumes of vapor. Vaping Ben Jonson's OR3O is a whole different experience.

joeshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Down town China Town NY
Got mine yesterday, really fits the mini beautifully. Great vapor/flavor. Digging this way more than a tank right now. Like that you can switch up flavors throughout the day :)
I did get some leaking from connection, guess I over filled. Digging my serial #0330 :D

Joe Shark
Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360106609289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360106609289.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,422

NayrTrawe

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
Chiming in a little later here, but I wanted to mention that the Killer 705, which is made by the same company, is also a winner. I got mine a couple weeks ago but just started using it last night and I am quite pleased. The cool thing about it is that is can be a dripping atomizer if you close the liquid control down or you can throw it in a tank and use it that way. I bought a Pro-V Cartomator tank for it but it was really annoying having to take the top cap off to refill so I ordered a Trap Tank by Kir Fanis (it has a fill hole in the top cap) that should be arriving within the next few days.

The only issue I am having is that the draw and resulting vapor/throat hit are SO different when compared to my ZAP that it is a little difficult to switch back and forth between the two. With the ZAP the draw is long, cool and airy and with the Killer 705 it is just the opposite. Initially I didn't like how hot the vaper was out of the Killer but I dropped the voltage down a bit and that took care of it mostly. I was vaping Cake from Copper Creek (received as a free sample with my last order) most of last night, and I enjoyed it so much that I am going to buy a big bottle of it soon.

Anyway - just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was interested in the Dripper Pro but preferred the option to use a tank instead. I am thinking about picking up one of these anyway considering that it and the Killer use the same ceramic cups. I want to try to rebuild the wicks/coils myself, though - has anyone done this with ss mesh and kanthal yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread