• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Setting up a home server for you guys now. It will have the following folders:

1. Epub - You can download individual books sorted by author name
2. Epub Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files
3. Mobi - You can download individual books sorted by author name
4. Mobi Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files

Check with your device to figure out what format you can use.

To open the .rar files you will need winrar or any other software that can open them.
I also recommend Calibre make it easy to keep track of 10k+ books.
And lastly don't judge me because it may or may not be some strange book in there:glare::facepalm:

Thanks!!!

No judging here :D

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
now that I found out the battery can't be replaced, I am hoping the problem is the charger

the nook FAQ say the battery has to be replaced by a service tech, so either the guy on the phone was wrong or the FAQ is wrong

I'll be calling a service tech in the morning.

but I am still thrilled to have it :)

replying to myself <g>

I called amazon re: kindle. no battery replacement for most of their kindles! but the lady said they last indefinitely :facepalm:

nook is denying their faq is wrong. apparently you have to read between the lines

I called my local B&N (which is 45 minutes away). decided I would buy a new charger (25.00). when I called back with my CC, the lady said if I brought in the part of the plug with the prongs she would just exchange it for me. so I whined a little about being old and the store being so far away and she said give me your address I am just going to mail you one :oops: so hopefully I'll get it in just a few days.

I also found out the post office is not closed for easter.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
All set up now, I hope you guys enjoy. I'll try and keep the server on line as much as possible.

My Library
Password - e1b0

1. Epub - You can download individual books sorted by author name
2. Epub Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files
3. Mobi - You can download individual books sorted by author name
4. Mobi Zip - You can download all books in 3 rar files

Check with your device to figure out what format you can use.

To open the .rar files you will need winrar or any other software that can open them.
I also recommend Calibre make it easy to keep track of 10k+ books.
And lastly don't judge me because it may or may not be some strange book in there:glare::facepalm:

Here ya go!!!!!

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Nothing more relaxing than reading a good book and ebooks are awesome.

So let's hear what's good and what's bad.

Where do you get yours, and have you found any good places to get ebooks for free?!!!

And how about ebook swaps?

I have a Kindle. I only buy the first generation Kindles because I use a memory card with it. I got both of my Kindles off e-Bay.

If you have Facebook, "like" Pixel of Ink, Free Books for Kindle, eReader News Today, and NEW Book Deals. There may be more, but that's all I can think of. TONS of free books daily and discounted books for 2 or 3 bucks.

I'm a member of a kind of e-book swap place but, unfortunately, it's invite only (so it won't get shut down) and I don't have the power to invite :(. I get all the new books there from James Patterson, Lisa Gardner, Stephen King, etc.

Mobilism • Index page is pretty cool, too.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Check out podcast stories and novels, lots of free stuff out there (I know, I've been listening to it for about a year and a half now :D). For novels check out podiobooks.com. For short stories, if you like sci-fi, there's EscapePod.org and they're 'sister' podcasts, PodCastle (fantasy) & PseudoPod.org (horror/mystery). There are others out there, do a Google on "free audio fiction".

. .

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If anyone goes through that list and sees an author who does mystery, thriller, horror let me who it is.

I skimmed last night and got some but I'm sure I missed a lot too.

And thanks again krazy!

Check out Clive Barker, Dean Koontz, Robin Cook and I'm sure you got S. King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread