• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Good Morning!!!

Easter-Glitters-17.gif

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm going through knb's site, so much fun

should I be downloading the zip one? I'm not up on zip and stuff

thanks!

I downloaded the zip file so that I can take my time going through them and there might be some that the son wants to read. It's real easy if you download the programs that krazy suggested.

"To open the .rar files you will need winrar or any other software that can open them. I also recommend Calibre make it easy to keep track of 10k+ books."

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
thanks guys! the regular ones are downloading fast for me. I got a replacement part for my charger so I am charging now. the new wall part of the charger got hot too, but after 2 hours of charging it is cool again. very weird. I'll be loading that sucker up tomorrow! I'm l.o.v.i.n.g. it! and this thread along with knb is really making it fun!!!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I have another question. (ya'll are going to ban me from the thread!)

I am used to using a mac, but it's old so I am having to use this windows computer that I don't know how to work.

when I plug the nook into the computer where does it go? I don't see an icon on the screen or anything to drag my "krazy" books to!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
On the keyboard, I use the Windows key and E. This brings up my computer info.

There I look for my Kindle and my Kindle files. Then just drag whatever file I want to the Kindle.

Hope you understand this :facepalm: and I've never used a Mac so I don't know how much help it is anyway. :ohmy:

that helped! I'm using a windows now. I successfully transferred a book to the nook whoo hoo. now I know most of you have kindles, but here is my question anyway. maybe kindle works the same...

when I transferred the book from my computer to the nook it went to "my files" when I put the book on a shelf, it is still in "my files" I don't like clutter and am wondering if I can make it leave my files and stay on the shelf. so far I can only see how to completely delete it. thanks so much for all the help. I'd be helpless without it lol

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
When I move mine to the Kindle it's just a copy and the original file stays on my computer.
If I don't want it on my computer, I just delete the file.

ah, I need to explain better, the "my files" thing is on the nook. I'm probably just being .... about it...I tend to do that sometimes :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread