• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ebooks: Good? Bad? Free!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

krazynavybiker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
NEW ADDITIONS 9 APR 12

1. McMurtry, Larry
LD01 - Lonesome Dove
LD02 - Streets Of Laredo
LD03 - Dead Man's Walk
LD04 - Comanche Moon
Boone's Lick

2. Flinn, Alex
Beastly

3. Monir, Alexandra
Timeless

4. Hoffman, Alice
The Dovekeepers

5. Condie, Ally
Matched [Matched Trilogy 1]
Crossed [Matched Trilogy 2]

Enjoy :toast:

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Love this thread!

The ECF members are just so incredibly helpful. First, you all have helped me smooth out some of the potholes on the way to a smoke free life and now this!

I will definetly bookmark this thread. I got a Kindle Fire and am absolutely loving it. My only two gripes are the lack of an expansion slot for a card and not being able to swap out the battery easily (PS It can be done). Sometimes when travelling, I tend to run the battery down a bit so I always keep an external USB battery with me. I need it for my 'Droid anyway which is hard on batteries.

Thanks again for all of the work you put into this thread!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
well my new problem is that I find myself reading and doing nothing else! I can't just sit around reading all day! :facepalm: I think I stopped reading as much as I used to when I got online and then my eyesight isn't what it used to be too. I have to learn to schedule my time better since all I want to do now is read :vapor:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
You folks just piss me off. It is completely illegal to download most of these e-books. These are copyrighted books and what you are doing is stealing. I would suggest krazynavybiker shut it down. I have a lot of artist friends and I know all about the problems this type of thing can do to people trying to make a living off of there work.

There are plenty of legitimate sources for free e-books. Check out your local library for a start.

This is no different then walking into a store and shoplifting books.

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
So I have been getting some really good free ebooks through Amazon that I might have to figure out how to get them off the Kindle and onto my external hard drive. 8-o

being new to ereaders I wonder why you need them off the kindle? does it get filled up too fast? can you hook up the kindle and then just drag the books to the hard drive? (trying to learn here too :))

I've gotten a lot of free books off barnes and noble (I have nook). still trying to schedule my time so I am just not reading all day !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread