ECF banner ads - How can I see them all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
Sometimes I'll see a banner ad I like by ( I assume) a forum sponsor -- the banners at the top of the page.
I've been reloading pages trying to get one that looked interesting to appear again so I can click through.
Can we put up a page that has ALL the banner ads so I can look through them?
I'm the advertisers would love it... :thumbs:

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
close, but not the actual banners I see when browsing.
For instance, I see this for an RTS Vapes ad :

but RTS Vapes is not on the Forum Supplier's page....

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Thanks for an interesting question. Here are some of the factors:

- The banner ads can be run by any Registered Supplier, this includes all Supplier categories including the Forum Suppliers

- We have a certain amount of control over the ads as we supply them to the advertising channel

- There is one per page, two on some pages

- Not all Members see them - Subscribing Members don't, for example

- To see a selection of them, use a browser you are not logged in on, as most ads are shown to guests (people who are not logged in)

- The adverts are targeted, at least minimally; for example you will be shown ads for your location. This means ads from vendors in your country, or vendors in other countries who have specifically stated they want to advertise to and will ship to your country.

- The software tries to show you different ads every time you change pages, although this does depend on where you are / how many ads are available for that country / etc.

- Targeting in this market is not yet sophisticated enough to personalise them any further than that (ex: did you just search for 'ego'; some channels can then show you ads for an eGo) - and we might not want the channel to go any further

- You should see all the ads for your country if you keep switching pages

- In theory we could show a page just with ads - all of them - but requests for this are rare, so it's not really going to benefit many people, and there could be a downside that has not yet presented

Those are some of the factors involved, hope it's of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread