Travel and Vaping Ecig for carryon on air plane flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
. But TSA recently confiscated a mini Swiss-Army knife from my mom in Providence, a treasured souvenir she had in her purse for 20 years (thus my SASE).

I had a treasured mini Swiss-Army knife confiscated once too. It had been through security dozens of time before. Funny thing was I had a full blown SA knife in my carry on camera bag that I usually transfer to checked luggage but forgot and it went through. It's really hit or miss. Like your mom, I really liked that tiny knife.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for all these posts! I'm traveling from the east coast to the west coast next week, and have been a little stressed over whether or not I could take my Buzz on the plane. From what I'm reading, it should go through security with no problem :) I will not be vaping in my seat, I was just worried about it getting through airport security.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
SeaTac airport sent my bag through the x-ray machine twice, but since they didn't tell me why (or open it to ask about anything in particular) I don't know if my e-cig supplies were what triggered it. I kinda think not.

And this last trip I took my MAP tanks - no questions about them, either, even with one attached to my ProVari and sitting on top of my coat in the x-ray bin.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
5th business trip in two months (NY, NY again) and once again no issue with my e-cig supplies through security, this time with my ProVari laying right on top of everything else in the bin. However, our vigilant TSA agents have identified a new threat to national security - contact lens solution. My 3 oz container, sold as the "travel size" is apparently too risky to allow through. Why? I have no idea. I've been through LAX 5 times in 2 months with this exact same bottle of solution. I just refilled the small bottle from the large bottles at home.

Contact lens solution. Just the latest threat to our freedom, and something those brave and tireless TSA agents have to protect us from. Just think what could happen if people were willy-nilly hauling that stuff all over the world. People might have clean contacts or something. And then the terrorists would win. Do I sound a little disgusted?
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread