Ecig future and where its going

Status
Not open for further replies.

menaice

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
North Carlina
I am typing this from my point of view, Its been awhile since i been on ECF, i started with a ego kit worked good for a bit jumped into a puresmoker v3.1 and been vaping at 6volts ever since. I am using 2.5ohm dual coil smoke tech cartos which work ok. So... i am running low on cartos and decided i would take a look around and see whats new for vaping. What i am seeing is everyone is focused back on the EGO, i don't see a whole lot of options out there for big battery mods like the puresmoker that vapes at 6volts. I am not a fan of 3.7 volts at all. I guess if you have a vari voltage then you can adjust. So what does this mean going forward? Are companies mainly focused on what they can see to mass produced ecigs kits? Seen these new CE3 Clearomizers but from the reviews i seen you can't rely of the ohms since they swing wildly and 2.8 ohm CE3 isn't going to go real good with a 6volt device in my opinion.

Are big battery mods a thing of the past?
Is vari voltage the way to go?
Are we going to be forced to deal with accessories that are only for mass produced ecig kits all the time?

As of right now what is the best cartomizer in your opinion for a puresmoker v3.1 6volt device?

Look forward to the responses

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape a 3 ohm Boge on a Provari at 4.2 - 4.4v. I couldn't imagine vaping a 2.5 ohm at 6v, but that's just me. There are lots of people who do that sort of HV vaping. You don't get harshness at those temperatures?

I love variable voltage vaping. Sometimes, there will be variances in resistance in batches of cartos. I ramp up and down to suit my taste. I think VV is here to stay and soon most VV mods will have variable wattage settings that take into account the resistance of the coil and the voltage you are vaping. These will vary the voltage based on the resistance of the atomizer to keep the wattage at what you selected.

It would be nice to pop off the HR atty and screw on a LR atty and get the right vape for each with no adjustments necessary. You could change from a HR carto to a dual coil tank and just vape away without changing anything else.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Its a dual coil 2.5 ohm so its rated alot higher. It vapes really well and no harshness, but only get about 3 refill's then need a new carto

I was editing while you were replying. I'm thinking that wattage is the next frontier to be explored. Set it and forget it with any atty you vape and it maintains the same heat level for the juice.

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
It would be nice to pop off the HR atty and screw on a LR atty and get the right vape for each with no adjustments necessary. You could change from a HR carto to a dual coil tank and just vape away without changing anything else.

This sounds great in theory, but from my admitedly limited experience using my twist and Ego-C system, different juices have different "sweet spots". There are some juices that taste best to me at 4.2 volts, and if I change a cartridge to a different juice, it might taste burnt at that same setting and I have to turn the voltage (wattage) down on the same atty.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I have 3 devices that I use all day long, with 3 different liquid set-ups. All the same flavor at the moment, since I settled into a minty flavor with DIYing.

Setup 1: Kicked Silver Bullet with a DCT.
Technically, this is my go-to mod. It's a bit on the bulky side though, with the extra length added by the kick, and it's fairly weighty. Not really a pocket-friendly mod...and I've accidently pulled the tanks apart in my pocket..not fun. The kick lets me plug just about anything with a 510 connection in and puts me at 8ish watts. I think that's where I've got it set... And it works like a dream. Had some issues with the kick when I first got it, but Mr Chad from Altsmoke replaced the 510 connector on my SB and it's stylin now.

Setup 2: Altsmoke's Alpha, 1.5ohm dual coil carto.
This one is for when I'm at work or anywhere other than car and home. It's smallish and light-weight, but it's pretty well locked at 3.5-4.2v depending on the battery level. The drop-off on the battery power isn't horrid, but I can definitely tell the difference between a fresh battery and one that's been used for 5-6 hours. 14500's.

Setup 3: 510 passthru.
Sitting at my PC. Doesn't get used a ton, but it's great for while I'm filling cartos and tanks, or if I'm just chilling and don't want to worry about recharging batteries.

Anyhow, the kicked SB is by far my favorite of the three. If I wanted a bit more heat, all I need to do is pull out the kick, crank it up a bit and then forget it once I found the spot I like. I don't think that it's for everyone, but when you only use a couple different liquids and aren't playing around with the voltage all the time, it's not a big deal.

-X

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
A couple things to keep in mind. I'm fairly certain that there are far more people out there vaping 808s, 510s, and ego class devices than all of the big battery mods combined. The first thing they tried worked for them and they stuck with it. If you look at the people on here, it's easy to get the impression that what shows up on here, is all there is but, there's no reason to believe that the majority of vapers are on here.

I do not think the big battery mod is going anywhere until there is a breakthrough in battery technology. That's coming but, it's a few years away. You have to use big batteries, if you want better battery life especially at higher voltage.

The advent of the ego twist pretty much signals that VV is the way to go. You'll be seeing VV Kgos and Rivas very soon. I also think it means that any vendor that doesn't sell VVs is going to be in a niche market. That's part of the reason that infamous all mechanical mod makers like Reo and GG are violating their all mechanical principals and coming out with VVs.

As for the future, VV is going to be standard equipment. The industry doesn't really want it but, there can only be so many rebuildable atomizer coops before those get mass produced on a much larger and cheaper scale. There is likely to be more of a focus on juice feeding. The fluxo/CE/clearo stuff will eventually get it right. The fact that so many people keep using them despite their drawbacks is a good indicator of the potential there. It may be that the rebuildables take over that niche though. Lastly, I think you can look for some lower cost VV bottom feeders to show up over the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread