ecigs/ vaping "just as bad for you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The safest way to vape is not to inhale. We inhale because we are used to it from our old smoking habit. Nic from an ecig absorbs more readily through the mucous membranes than through the lungs, anyway.

It's hard to develop the habit of vaping like a cigar smoker, but it's said to be much healthier than lung hits. I'm beginning to choose to inhale just enough to exhale through my nose and mouth and not inhale deeply into the lungs. Of course, I'm vaping a mixed style anyway. It's far easier to inhale than keep most of it out of the lungs, but I'm working on it.

Last edited:

Sun Valley

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
United States
Congratulations on quitting cigarettes. It's tough to do. I used Chantix which worked for me but the desire to smoke never really went away 100%. Just the smell of a lit cigarette would make me want one. I made it for two years and messed up and smoked one after a highly stressful situation. That one led to another and another. I knew I didn't want to go down that road again so I tried vaping. I haven't even thought about a cigarette since and that was over two months ago. My smoking days are over! Now I'm hoping the FDA doesn't screw this up for us.

My doctors have actually giving a much different out look on this subject and said that's great and such. I think many people just do not understand vaping as of right now, you have to remember it's newer and it's just been really starting to get popular. So that being said it's going to have many people against and many people for it, I just hope we can all stand up to the fda to bring out the truth it's a much better alternative to smoking. Casaa is the only place I have seen a lot of information on this topic as many others are just opinions rather than fact. I can tell you this I feel much better now that I'm vaping and not smoking, so with that being said I've had no negative side effects from vaping and in my opinion it is better for you than smoking. I'm sure in a couple of years we will all know the truth.

Mysty2008

Aug 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Most doctors health officials frown upon vaping and have to some extent tried scaring me into not using them. But after alot of research i found that the effects of smoking actual cigs far out wayed the effects of vaping. Tbh i find vaping alot more enjoyable than when i was smoking cigs and my health has improved since quitting real cigs and turning to vaping so im happy :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I feel the same way about vaping. I'm just really worried that the FDA is going to ruin it for all of us. :(

I'm of the opinion after reading the FDA documents that only products containing nicotine will be regulated. If it's a prefilled cartridge, then it will be FDA controlled and taxed. If it's an empty tank, a battery, or a mod, then it's not a tobacco product. I think the FDA would like to control accessories and products USED to consume nicotine liquid, but the definition is loose, IMO.

What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?

What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?

The term "tobacco product" means any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product. This includes, among other products, cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco, and smokeless tobacco.

When the FDA mentions e-cigarettes it seems to be talking about e-cigarettes that are packaged with pre-filled cartridges. That's what tobacco companies want to market. They want people to buy a slim cig-a-like and continue to buy prefilled cartridges for the battery that's included in the initial kit, just like they sell cigarettes by the pack. That's indicated in the proposed regulations by the mention of electronic cigarettes in vending machines being available to youth.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=FDA-2014-N-0189-0001

I think we will see further clarification as taxation is applied to juice. Any attempt to tax batteries, mods, tanks, cartos, and accessories will have to be clarified as to whether they contain or are a derivative of tobacco, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread