Ecto Cooler/Citrusy/Cinnamon liquids + EVOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
I've yet to try liquids from the popular online vendors as I have a local shop with 200 flavors, none of which are created to break clearos. My question is: how do you know for certain which liquids will damage and crack which type of clearomizer? Its just clearomizers that break from this liquids, correct? I'm interested in the eVod tanks, will they pose a problem with certain liquids or will they handle liquids like a champ?

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
It's not just clearomizers, as any clear plastic tank can be subject to leeching (the act of the liquid breaking down the plastic). The EVOD has less plastic, but it does still have the small windows that might be susceptible to certain flavors. For flavors like cinnamon and strong citrus, I recommend glass / pyrex tanks (carto or clearo). Like the IBTanked tanks for carto tanks or the Kanger ProTank for a clearo tank.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
Mt. Baker Vapor has a long list of killer juices. I'd be even careful with some strong juices in the Protank. Rumors are starting to spread that even those can be subject to killer juices. I'm convinced my first Protank was killed by some key lime. The glue holding the mouth piece to the glass tank got loose, and the mouth piece popped right off. But, it could have been just a bad egg. I haven't tried the key lime in the Protank since.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Are there not certain kinds of plastic that would be resistant to this? I know Kanger is currently working on a T3S, which is supposed to be a eVod/T3 hybrid with how the heads work and stuff. Wouldn't it make sense for them to make clearos that won't break down by these liquids or is it just an afterthought..

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
Mt. Baker Vapor has a long list of killer juices. I'd be even careful with some strong juices in the Protank. Rumors are starting to spread that even those can be subject to killer juices. I'm convinced my first Protank was killed by some key lime. The glue holding the mouth piece to the glass tank got loose, and the mouth piece popped right off. But, it could have been just a bad egg. I haven't tried the key lime in the Protank since.

Hm, so even the protank is susceptible. I really want to try some of MBV's flavors but I'm just nervous about what to vape it out of. I was just going to get eVods and that would be all I'd need but if it can't handle certain juices..

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Are there not certain kinds of plastic that would be resistant to this? I know Kanger is currently working on a T3S, which is supposed to be a eVod/T3 hybrid with how the heads work and stuff. Wouldn't it make sense for them to make clearos that won't break down by these liquids or is it just an afterthought..

It would make sense, if they could find a material (poly or glass) that was cost effective that didn't react to certain chemicals. Physics and chemistry is the problem here, and these manufacturers do what they can while still making a profit.

CoRporis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Indy
The EVOD not only has the plastic windows but when filling the fluid does go up to the mouth piece which is also plastic. I haven't tried any "killer juices" in mine yet but I would assume they would break down just as bad as any other plastic clearo. I'd go with a Protank, haven't read too many complaints about them having issues, and have seen a lot of people recommend them in threads similar to this.

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
Just for the record, the evod is a plastic sided tank with a metal sheath, not a metal sided tank with plastic windows. They didn't cut little windows and glue pieces of plastic in the holes. I don't know why I thought it was important to mention that. The key thing is that they melt just as well as any other polycarbonate tank.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

I have a blog about it too:

RIP.gif

EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
I'm using 'Ecto Cooler' from TheVaporChef in my EVOD - it's been 2 days and it's fine..

honestly anything that cracks/breaks tanks has me very skeptical about vaping it..

I just don't feel good about it.. if there are chemicals that are actually deteriorating plastic.. should I be inhaling it?

(and i have nothing to back this up, just worries me)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm using 'Ecto Cooler' from TheVaporChef in my EVOD - it's been 2 days and it's fine..

honestly anything that cracks/breaks tanks has me very skeptical about vaping it..

I just don't feel good about it.. if there are chemicals that are actually deteriorating plastic.. should I be inhaling it?

At this point, we really don't know for certain that anything we vape is completely safe. All you can do is research and decide what you are comfortable with. You might find this article of interest: » Why Do Some E-liquids Crack Plastic Tanks?

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
At this point, we really don't know for certain that anything we vape is completely safe. All you can do is research and decide what you are comfortable with. You might find this article of interest: » Why Do Some E-liquids Crack Plastic Tanks?

well sure, and its all better than analogs so can't complain too much.. I could still be sucking those cancer sticks!

cool article, but he still doesn't know the exact chemical that is causing the tanks to crack.. which is really what I want to know

it just seems like some vendors can make these 'sketchy' flavors work fine with plastic.. and then others crack the hell out of them.

lissa5168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
East TN
I've had Vape Dudes Key Lime in one of my Protanks consistently since March with no problems whatsoever. I just keep topping it off. My guess is you got a bum Protank. I have MBV Venom in another one now for a couple weeks and it's OK too.

Sent by my super-secret messenger owl using Tapatalk 2

tbro

Feb 15, 2013
baton rouge/houston

I wouldn't worry too much about the safety of vaping tank cracking juices, specifically, as opposed to non-tank crackers.

Heh, I had a chemistry class once where the professor poured some acid into a container then dissolved some small pieces of metal with it.
Then he picked up the container he poured from and drank from it.
The "acid" was sprite.

There's lots of things we safely consume that can break down various metals or plastics.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry to join in late in this discussion. If I may add what I know...

The Kanger ProTank is pyrex glass and metal, and at this point is the only "clearomizer" or "clearotank" which is immune to the volatile flavors. I have other options in juice delivery devices that are safe to use in this blog article:

E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread