Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
So I went ahead and bought because I can't wait for the mini version. Really hope they will come out with a "mini kit".

Initially, when they first introduced this I was critical of the larger diameter air hole. However, the fact that the chamber is still so small has no effect to flavour and MTL vaping.

This is now my favourite RTA along my Origen Tiny tank, possibly even better, especially once the 2ml comes out. I highly recommend this to anyone who like flavour and MTL or restricted DTL vaping.

I'm interested to try and install the Kayfun V5 restrictor to see what difference is in the vape.
Heh, with our Tiny Tanks and Rose3s we must be related.
The Rose3 is a great, great atomizer. I have two of them now, one for regulated and one for my mechs. That's really all I need forever. I swear. Forever?

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I tried it and not much luck. I must be doing something wrong I get better flavor from the baby beast.

hmm, that is a bummer. Try a spaced coil, I've been doing this on all my kanthal builds and it has really increased the flavour.

One further question - how much are you opening up the juice flow?

Kirbys117

Oct 16, 2016
hmm, that is a bummer. Try a spaced coil, I've been doing this on all my kanthal builds and it has really increased the flavour.

One further question - how much are you opening up the juice flow?
I've tried 1 turn to 3 turns and no change. It's just a muted flavor like too much cotton but I've tried barely any and same results. I really wan't to love this rta but it's looking like I'll just end up selling it. :(

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I've tried 1 turn to 3 turns and no change. It's just a muted flavor like too much cotton but I've tried barely any and same results. I really wan't to love this rta but it's looking like I'll just end up selling it. :(

That's a pity. I don't really have any further suggestions. It should be easy to sell, and get a Hussar ;-)

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
I've had the Rose 3 for over 3 months now. It has been the only tank I have used in that time. Easy to build on, easy to clean, and consistently delivers great flavor. Any issues I had in the beginning with things like leaking or flavor was due to improper wicking (or other user errors).

I honestly feel that the chances of me finding something better than the Rose 3 are so low, I've stopped even looking at new tanks or alternatives I never tried. I did end up buying a second Rose 3, for backup. You know, just incase...

The build I've used for the last month or so is:

2x26ga twisted Ti (Temco), 6 spaced wraps, 3.0ID. Usually with cotton bacon.

Last edited:

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Anybody getting leakage around the 510 pin with the Rose 3? It happened when I first got it but I thought I had fixed it. Apparently not :(

It was not uncommon for me to experience an occasional light leak from the 510 area before I started using the method below. After I switched, I really don't see this problem anymore. I think the cause of most leaks is simply too much juice accumulating on the base, that then makes it's way into the main air hole below the coil. This method helps to reduce this problem by putting more cotton in the area where the liquid comes in. I've been using this style of wicking for about 1.5 months now with great success.

Anyways, I do feel like this style of tank does require a certain amount of cotton to function properly, and keep the tank from leaking. I personally feel that 3.0 ID is the sweet spot. The smaller you go than this, the less thick your wick is going to be. The cotton at the juice ports is really the only thing holding back the flood... You need a nice thick wall of cotton there, but you also want to make sure it stays clear of the threads on the juice flow control, otherwise that can cause its own problems.

So, I have stopped my leaking problems using this method, although I would recommend you change your cotton weekly at a minimum (if the cotton starts to clog, it will leak regardless). It is similar to an S-shaped wicking style I saw on their FB group, but I modified it a bit, and basically try and make little balls of cotton on the ends where the juice ports are.

Other than than the method I use, I would also recommend closing down your juice flow control at night and when riding in your pocket.

1.Standard S-type configuration
EK2gAXQ.jpg

2. Making the "cotton ball" for the ends. Just twisting, tucking, etc.
ZTIfycK.jpg

3. From the Top
czuapkN.jpg

4. From the Side. Nice thick wall of cotton, that stays tucked in and away from the threads.
nBpLui9.jpg

p4sWUUK.jpg

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
It's on the way. There's a review up on YouTube already, and Eden have indicated it'll be available within the next month.
Cant believe i missed Damien's review...lol!.

Anyway, looks like a simple change. Interesting to see how much the stumpy kit costs!

Thanks again :)

anthropolyte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2016
Bristol, UK
Awesome, been waiting for this impatiently. I'm certain the reduced height will help even more with the flavour :D

I'm not so sure it will - the base of the chimney appears to be the same dimensions, so the chamber size will be the same. As far as I can tell the only change is the volume of liquid it holds.

Reactions: snork

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Anyone know when the v3 TPD version will be released??
Missed out the original v3, so i want to grab one of these :thumb:
According to a Facebook update some will be shipping to vendors worldwide tomorrow. So very soon.
I did not notice if they mentioned when they might be available direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread