Eden Mods Rose 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthropolyte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2016
Bristol, UK
Well well - Eden Mods are finally releasing the Rose 3. Some pics and details below. Release date is the UK VapeFest in August.

Can't wait for this one. I occasionally go back to my V2, and it's still an amazing atty.

316 stainless steel
Peek insulators
3.5mm airflow with fully adjustable AFC
Height exc. tip and 510 is 44.8mm (same as Rose V2-S)
juice capacity with poly tank – 4.1ml
juice capacity with steel tank – 5.0ml
Top fill
Adjustable juice control
VERY large build deck
Adjustable 510 pin
Reduced chamber
Removable wick channels to expose a FLAT postless deck
Ability to use your own drip tips
AFC runs on a spring wire, not an o-ring for PERFECT resistance all the time.

13445322_10154283652216983_812256518818914062_n.jpg

13445419_10154288487066983_31113647967880996_n.jpg

13418728_10154279969496983_946895841323019511_n.jpg

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but it is something that has helped me when its time to recoil, rewick, etc.

Rose 3 Tip:

If you ever have trouble gripping the atomizer base to unscrew it, then try sticking the end of a small screw driver, hex key, etc. through one of the air-holes. This will momentarily keep the AFC from spinning, and the bottom base should become easier to loosen. I also find that unscrewing the chimney first (while tank is inverted), makes the base easier for me to loosen as well.

YUE7ZxJ.jpg

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
...time is a healer...been vaping it this morning and now the wick and coil have settled in and i have it dialled in on the dicodes, it is approaching epic! Really really good. Still a very loose M2L though but really liking it!
Me too!
My first day was rather frustrating as I had a brain lock and couldn't figure out how to take it apart; my years of vaping with the original obscured my common sense. Once I stumbled onto the fact you need to remove the bottom ring which surrounds the 510 and then giving myself a forceful facepalm as punishment I'm golden.
It is supremely easy to build on. I love how the coil can be oriented whichever way and then the wick ring can be put on to match the orientation. I chose a beefy 3.5mm 9 wrap 24g kanthal coil @.87 ohms for mechanical vaping with rayon wick. It is excellent!
I'm not one to speak about flavor because these days I vape unflavored. Nor am I one to talk about MTL because even after these years I have no idea what that means and I don't really care. I can vape all sorts of draws and as long as I can say "I like that" I'm happy. I do know I can crank it down to approximate a Rose V2 and also open it up stupid wide. Good enough. It also hasn't leaked a drop. My preferred styles of Super-T tips work great on it too and I'm SUPER excited about that!
I'll give it a 4.5 out of 5. The quality, versatility and ease of use are its fortes. Visually it's pretty enough but I'm still getting used to its roundy top. The lack of an allen key in the packaging and the rather loose AC ring mechanism are the .5 deductions. The former is no biggie (but strangely disappointing) and the latter - a fix is surely possible.

rose3.jpg

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I know I'm going to get crucified for saying this but I picked up the sxk clone to see if I like it as I really can't afford to pull the trigger on an almost $200 RTA without knowing whether I like it or not. If its all its hyped to be and it will last me a couple years I can justify eating ramen for a month or 2 in order to pick one up

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Starting my third day with the Rose 3. The reviews are true. This is the "one" I've been searching for, and my questing is now complete. :thumbs:

Anyways, I'm very happy with it.

Couple tips:
1. Check that your wick cannot get caught in the chimney's threads. Otherwise you may have all the silly problems I did on day 1.

2. Check and make sure you have the bottom cap screwed on really tight. Otherwise using juice flow control (the chimney) can spin the base it screws into. This could move your juice channels away from the wick.

Hope everyone still waiting enjoys the Rose 3 as much as I do.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Weapons of choice :D

Well I was pleasantly surprised that is indeed a very tasty vape. 1.2 Ohm at 16.5 watts - yum.

First build on this post-less deck and it was a bit fiddly to begin with, but no doubt it will get easier. Afc is smooth and I personally don't feel it is too loose like some have suggested, maybe a smidge more resistance would be better, but I believe that Eden are producing a thicker spring wire which will sort this out.

My FortyFour drip tip is too loose to work with the juice flow - which is a bummer. Might have to try and get some thicker O-rings.

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
OK, so I've had my Rose 3 for a while now. I've been running my normal build in it, which is .4mm NiFe48 with a TCR of 405, 9 wraps spaced 2mm coil, at 230 degrees at 22W on my Dicodes. The flavour is much more pronounced that any of the 17 atties I possess, and so I'm so very much impressed. It's lovely used as DL, but slighty less so as MTL.

There are some mildy annoying aspects of it though. I've seen what happens to a Rose 3 when the mod it is attached to accidentally gets dropped. It wasnt a big drop, but it landed on it's drip tip. The chimney section was pushed down a few threads and ended up cross-threaded and jammed. Turning it only forced the wick collar section it was threaded onto to spin, because although the collar secrtion is supposedly locked by the bottom section being screwed tight, it will actually move if you apply enough force (i.e the force required to unscrew a cross-threaded section). You can't lift that collar section out, it has to be removed downwards, but the chimney section won't move down, it can only be removed upwards. Hence, you have an unrecoverable situation. Don't drop your Rose 3, it's not likely to be a good outcome.

The AFC is too loose for me. The AFC loves to move downwards when the thing is apart for cleaning, and the wire drops out. Luckily I found the wire.

If the top fill section is screwed down too hard, it's all too easy to accidentally unscrew the tank. It would probably be better knurled, even though I'm not fond of knurling because it ruins the aesthetics.

It's sometimes really difficult to unscrew the sections for cleaning. You probably need vape grips.

The plastic used in the tank section is of a type that is extremely succeptable to tank crackers. Don't think you will get away with it.

When you unscrew the Rose 3 from a device where the mod is wider than the Rose, you find that the bottom section is very slippy, it's so smooth. I would have preferred knurling here. Because the bottom section is so narrow, you inevitably end up merely turning the AFC. If you unscrew the Rose 3 from higher up, and the atty is attached very tightly to the mod, you end up just unscrewing the tank section.

On a more positive note, the 510 connection is of a type that is wonderful for TC. It will never move. I have atties like the Squape and the Taifuns that are absolutely useless for TC, because the adjustable 510 moves every time you unscrew and reattach the atty, which means that the base cold resistance changes on refill. Another reason why I love the top fill on the Rose 3.

So to summarise, the Rose 3 is a fabulous atomiser, but you have to be SO careful with it. But despite everything, it is becoming my favourite atty!

abiko

Nov 24, 2013
Croatia
I agree with you on all counts. I've told Eden mods on their FB group about making the top cap have more grip. I'm more for functionality rather than looks, and adding something to the top wouldn't ruin the mod. Similar to those on the AFC, they'd compliment the whole Rose look.

I've also found if you screw your LC tight it can slightly move the "wick cup". You'd have to apply some force to the LC, in case you are screwing it down faster . Something to be careful about.

If an atty has some small flaws, but works great and is a great flavor chaser, these small flaws can be overlooked. It doesn't leak, doesn't drool, LC works with all of my drip tips, it's fairly easy to remove the tank section to change wicks.

I'm just hoping they'd take community's input on some things and improve upon them and make replacement parts, let's say for the top cap, or a new tank design, where you'd have a SS tank all made from one piece. What I'd really love to see is a ULTEM tank section.

And the most horrid thing on the Rose 3 is the drip tip which just doesn't do it justice. It looks like they've made a clean cut on a teflon rod, drilled it and put a O ring on it. I'm using the teflon GP drip tip on it or a ULTEM one from Pico.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I'm going into week 3 of using my Rose3 and this atty is incredible. The build and maintenance has been trouble free. I like [most of] the tolerances and I haven't found myself unscrewing unintended pieces. I haven't had a single leak and the draw is incredibly smooth with no whistles, spitting, or gurgles. With a RLH the flavor is dense and defined and (here's the thing I REALLY love) the flavor lasts for days and days and days between re-wicking. My first build I left in for 5 days and 30ML before deciding to clean the coil (1.2ohm 26ga Kanthal with Duchess Reserve) though the tipping point seems to be about 20ML.

Things I don't like about it: The top fill is only mess-free with a syringe or very sharp unicorn tip. Most of my juice bottles leave at least 1 drop of liquid that gets pushed out when re-attaching the top cap that then needs to be wiped up. I also find that the AFC is too loose. With the atty in a Xvostick the AFC will sometimes move when I go to pick it up (I know for sure that I haven't touched it). The AFC does tend to slide up/down when the base plate isn't attached and I'm 90% sure I'm going to lose that spring wire down the drain one day. Also - I was expecting that the AFC would fit snugly enough to the base that in the closed position there would be no airflow.

All in all the Rose 3 is a winner of a flavor atty. It'll proudly join it's UK brethren (Evl Reaper and UTA2) in my regular rotation.

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
On a slightly different note the new spring wire for tighter afc is out. The only route for getting it in aware of is via the fb group instructions. Not sure if it is acceptable to wholesale copy the information over, it is closed but not requiring any hoop jumping to get in so not a big barrier if you are interested in picking some up. Cost is p&p only , £1.20 flat rate worldwide, I'm happy enough with mine as is but picked up some anyway for spares got a good 5 or so bits for that.

saintaylan

Nov 19, 2012
Istanbul,Turkey
I know, it's crazy, but I don't use Facebook. Could someone please PM me the instructions for getting the stiffer spring wire. Many thanks.

I am sending you their fb message for the spring wire.
--
So, who's after some of the thicker spring wire?

With Lee taking a much needed break, I'll be taking care of this for you all, and here's how we're going to do it.

1. Send £1.20 (GBP) by paypal to springwire@outlook.com to cover p&p.

PLEASE PAY F&F

If your country does not have the option for F&F, please use this site to work out how much you need to send.

PayPal Fee Calculator

2. Send an email to springwire@outlook.com detailing your full name, your postage address, and the paypal address you used.

Cost is the same to everyone regardless of location and you will be sent several hand cut pieces.

Simples :)

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Having written several glowing comments on the forum about other rta's that I own I feel obligated to be the only negative poster in this thread. I got the Rose 3 a few days ago as I have a large collection and it seemed worth adding. From the reviews and the postings I was expecting something special. I am not nearly as impressed as many on this thread. The flavor is on par with something like my kayfun 5 or my Hurricane. I see no leap there. The top fill port is so small that it requires a special super small tip or a syringe not very user friendly. I first put in clapton build and I found that the Rose 3 gets very hot (yes I chain vape). I find that if you leave the AF wide open it mutes the flavor. This is not an rta for producing clouds (I knew that going in). The AF is more suited for a modified mtl. I learned that you have to use a lot of cotton to prevent leaking. More than on most rta's. I changed the build to a standard kanthal micro coil at about 1.2 ohm and it seems happier.

In all it is a solid rta for those who want a very restricted lung hit. It is not really great for mtl but that is not really my thing anyway. Of the single coil rta's that I own this is not going to replace my Hurricane or Kayfun in the line up. It is also probably the most over-complicated build I have (lots of parts). Far more so than any other single coil rta I own.

This is a hobby for me so I am not upset about the expense. I was just expecting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread