Aug 14, 2016
1ed82f88eb8a7f363f40913346dee1b6.jpg

Eden mods day

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
This really makes me wonder if your AFC tightness is now what I have achieved, because I would kind of describe it the same way now. It does move easily, but doesn't move in my pocket anymore. Before, I could barely touch it with my finger and it would move. Now I actually have to apply just a bit of pressure with my finger before it budges (before it felt like no pressure was needed). I'm totally fine with AFC now.

I have pretty much overcome just about every negative thing I have had with the atomizer. Damn thing just keeps getting better for me.

My preferred build these days in the Rose 3 is:
-2x26awg Twisted Ti
-5 spaced wraps
-3.0ID
- ~0.16ohms

Set at 235C @25watts in Temp Control mode.
Sounds pretty similar to how mine is, it does not take much effort to move at all but it does require a deliberate act for it to do so. Possibly a slight variation in the springs during the early run or something. Not sure but either way I'm glad yours is behaving now :) I recently bought some Ti to experiment with, will have to give that one a shot in the near future.

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
So FYI if your still considering the Rose 3:

According to Lee from Eden Modes on their Facebook group (and if I read it correctly), the current batch of the Rose 3's are the last ones available in 4/5ml configuration. The second batch is required to conform with TPD regulations, which means the Rose 3 is being turned into a "mini" version with a 2ml tank. This shorty version will not be available in the US due to the FDA. They do plan to make a conversion kit from original to mini, but this will not be available in the US either. This also means spare 4ml tanks will no longer be made as well.

Anyways, I guess if you were on the fence on whether to purchase the Rose 3 or not, then you might want to make up your mind sooner rather than later. If your in the US, then whatever stock US vendors have now is all there will ever be, unless regulations are relaxed.

Last edited:

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
The mini version looks sweet, especially the sand blasted edition. The whole situation however remains pretty brutal, pretty much won't get them in the US pretty soon and the situation on spare tanks for the full size is a bit sketchy in the near future. At least the steel tank is near indestructible

Reactions: RabbiXX

ernieball

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2016
I'm in the the U.S. and am really worried about what will happen with these FDA regulations. I've been in Italy for the past couple weeks, and decided to not even ponder for a month or so about getting the rta and just went ahead and bought it, based on Eden's reputable name. Heck, when I received the snapdragon, it was one of the most pristine Attys I have ever bought. One that made me proud to purchase a lot of my higher end gear, when I've been jerked around with some of these manufacturers in the past. Anywho, I just opened it tonight to have a little look-see at it before I dig into the disassembly and builds tomorrow. And what do you know? This one is just as clean and smooth(with barely any machine oil!!) as the snappie. I was deciding between this or the gem II for an excellent flavor chaser that can keep up with most 70/30 liquids they sell in the U.S. Didn't hear much about the gem II other than from quorax reviews, so I took the plunge! I think I'll be. Happy camper.

Reactions: drippaboi

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I don't think you'll be disappointed with your choice. I have both and the Rose3 bests the Gem II in all the ways that count. Better flavor, denser vapor, a smoother more silent draw, superior wicking, less complicated and more versatile build deck, easier to maintain, less leaking, the list goes on. Really the only things the Gem does better are build quality (second to none imo), size (but the Rose is plenty compact), the glass tank (if you need one), and juice consumption (the Rose is a thirsty one - but really this is just a testament to how well it wicks).

This is the atty I've been searching for ... living happily and permanently in the Xvo :)

Last edited:
Reactions: saintaylan

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but it is something that has helped me when its time to recoil, rewick, etc.

Rose 3 Tip:

If you ever have trouble gripping the atomizer base to unscrew it, then try sticking the end of a small screw driver, hex key, etc. through one of the air-holes. This will momentarily keep the AFC from spinning, and the bottom base should become easier to loosen. I also find that unscrewing the chimney first (while tank is inverted), makes the base easier for me to loosen as well.

YUE7ZxJ.jpg

Last edited:

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but it is something that has helped me when its time to recoil, rewick, etc.

Rose 3 Tip:

If you ever have trouble gripping the atomizer base to unscrew it, then try sticking the end of a small screw driver, hex key, etc. through one of the air-holes. This will momentarily keep the AFC from spinning, and the bottom base should become easier to loosen. I also find that unscrewing the chimney first (while tank is inverted), makes the base easier for me to loosen as well.

YUE7ZxJ.jpg
Pretty good tip man :) probably even more solid if the air is lined up so it grips nice all the way through.

RabbiXX

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2016
California
Pretty good tip man :) probably even more solid if the air is lined up so it grips nice all the way through.

I will have to try that the next time I rebuild. Although it feels pretty solid. A little bit of tension on the AFC holds the little hex screwdriver in place. It might help that what I am using is very small and light.

mindriot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Dundee, Scotland
I will have to try that the next time I rebuild. Although it feels pretty solid. A little bit of tension on the AFC holds the little hex screwdriver in place. It might help that what I am using is very small and light.
I will probably try it next time too :) it seems like it should be quite sturdy it is more that i have a tendency to want to balance the pressure over the widest areas on these kinds of the things. Normally the part i have issues unscrewing is not the base but the steel ring that joins the base to the tank, always either unscrew the tank or spin the AFC but can never grip that middle section. Seem to be getting the knack for it a little now though, seems to work best to grip minimally and give short sharp movements, the parts are quite thin and pressure makes it stick harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread